Diet coke, I will drink it if I want to.

Options
124»

Replies

• tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the original post!

first off....I drink diet Sierra Mist...NO caffiene
    second....I drink 6-8 glasses of plain old water in addition to any sodas I consume so they do not keep me from drinking enough water.
    third....I have been drinking diet sodas for years and they have NEVER caused me to crave sweets....my brain is not "tricked" into thinking I want more sugar.....my weight issues have to do with eating too many calories....I hardly ever eat anything sweet...its just not something I crave or think about eating.

I love it when folks spout "data" and try to lump everyone....in this case diet soda drinkers....into one group. As far as the the long term affects of artificial sweetners we don't know but how many things are we exposed to everyday that are still uncertain?

To each his own...we all walk this journey to get to the end but how we get there is as individual as each of us....don't judge others!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I just drank a diet dr pepper today too! I don't crave the sweets :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Diet Coke. I don't really like the flavor of any diet sodas, and the artificial sweeteners don't agree with me. Enjoy your Diet Coke.
  • ansinclair8
    ansinclair8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hear you sister! I'm a diet coke fanatic. Have cut it out of my diet in the past, but I figure if I'm eating healthy, exercising and getting plenty of water than a diet coke or two a day won't kill me.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda...unless it has hard liquor in it! ;-) Then it's Coke Lime Zero and rum - yummy! :drinker:
  • JulesofWinsto
    Options
    Oooh...the vanilla coke zeros are good too!
    I prefer coke zero!

I'm with you! Coke zero is my friend. That and mineral water :drinker:
    Of course on top of my many bottles of water a day anyway.
  • UhTania
    Options
    For me, diet Coke helps me eat less sugar and other unhealthy stuff. I don't smoke or do drugs, rarely drink, and eat well 90% of the time. I figure my having a yummy delicious diet Coke isn't the worst habit to have. I have had a few people try to scare me away from it, but I'm not hearing it!

P.S. Drinking a McDonald's diet Coke right now! Best diet Cokes EVER!
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I drink a Diet Pepsi Max EVERY SINGLE MORNING when I wake up. First thing I do....lol........have that one, and 99% of the time it is the only one I have in a day. Not giving it up. Period. :bigsmile:

I totally agree with everything you said except I'll have a Diet Coke instead! I don't drink coffee so I need my caffeine kick start somewhere! Hehehe
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    killer_coke_-_columbian_coke_float.bmp

Coke is very bad for your health, just ask the unionised workers they kill in third world countries.

For more info go to http://killercoke.org/