bump
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My mom steams it and then adds olive oil and garlic. yum! :D
  • kemeko
    kemeko Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love steamed spinach with a lil bit of extra virgin olive oil, fresh pepper and a tiny bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Delicious!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Sautee fresh garlic and onion...once tender, add in your fresh spinach with some salt (I like a touch of balsamic vinegar sometimes). I also add mushrooms sometimes with it.

You can eat this as a side dish or stuff it into a chicken breast or salmon filet (my favorite!) to bake/broil/grill.

THIS!
  • amycarol59
    amycarol59 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like it in my spaghetti sauce and this week I threw it in my sloppy joe mix. It was GREAT!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I sautee it with onions, a little bacon and a little dijon mustard.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Green Eggs And Ham:

I take a whole grain tortilla, lightly brown it up in a skillet, and put it on a plate. Then fry 2 eggs and put those on top of the tortilla. Then I brown up a few slices of low fat ham and put those on top of the eggs. Then I put about 1/4 to 1/2 cup salsa verde in the skillet with a little water, and some spinach. A handful of fresh spinach is nice, but frozen works, also. Once that's all nice and bubbling hot, I pour that over the top of the ham/eggs/tortilla.

Voila. Green Eggs And Ham. My morning favorite.
  • rflowers2
    rflowers2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Raw, with red peppers, tomatoes, cooked quinoa, and low fat salas dressing of your choice. I could eat that 3x a day!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't care for spinach cooked I prefer it raw. However, to get more of it, I wilt it and add it to a lot of cooked meals. In the mornings I add it to my breakfast burrito....heated tortilla, sauteed onions, peppers, spinach a smear of guacamole and 1 scrambled egg/eggbeaters.
  • 0namission
    Options
    Spinach Gratin
    * 3 tbsp light butter (I used Land O Lakes)
    * 1 cup finely chopped onion
    * 1/4 cup flour
    * 1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
    * 3 cups 2% milk
    * 3 lbs (3 16-oz packages) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
    * 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    * 1 tbsp kosher salt
    * 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    * 1/2 cup shredded Swiss Gruyere cheese (I used Sargento)
    Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 425°.
    In a heavy-bottomed saute pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 10 - 12 minutes.
    Add the flour and nutmeg; cook 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the milk and cook until thickened, about 5 - 7 minutes.
    Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the spinach and add the spinach to the sauce. Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and mix well. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
    Transfer the spinach to a large baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and the Swiss cheese on top.
    Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve hot. Makes a little over 6 1/2 cups. Serving size ½ cup.
    129 calories 12 carbs 5 fat 238 sodium

I was so thinkign the same thingg but diff recipe!
  • SnackPack
    SnackPack Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In a non stick pan with a spritz of cooking spray throw 3-4 cups of fresh baby spinach, let it cook with a lid on for 3 minutes. Stir once or so halfway through the cooking time. Hit is with a dose of pepper as you plate it and eat it with an egg white omelet. Yum!
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    THERE'S THIS CRAZY FEATURE HERE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ACCESS THE ARCHIVES OF PAST POSTS. IT'S CALLED THE "SEARCH" FEATURE. CLICK ON THE LINK JUST ABOVE THIS THREAD. IT'S FANTASTIC!

Since we're stating the obvious, there's an even crazier feature called the shift key so that you're not e-yelling by typing in all caps in every post.

To the OP, spinach is great in

omelettes
    dips

I dice it in stews like chili
    I also cook spinach and tomatoes together in a pan with italian seasoning & add a little parmasean
  • Love2HikeMT
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE spinach and eat it on a regular basis. One of my favorite recipes is a Spinach-Rice Souffle. Here you go:
    About 2 cups cooked rice (I use a mix of Basmati, short and long grain brown rice, and wild rice)
    3/4 to 1 cup cheese (I use low-fat mozzarella, but a mix of cheddar and mozzarella is also good)
    2 eggs, beaten
    2-3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    About a pound of fresh spinach (I use two bags of the organic baby spinach. This is also good with kale)
    2-3 Tablespoons wheat germ
    1-2 Tablespoons butter
    Salt, pepper and herbs of choice

Combine rice and cheese in a large bowl. In another bowl combine eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and herbs. Add the two mixtures to the spinach, in a large bowl, and mix well. Pore into a buttered souffle or casserole dish. Mix wheat germ and butter and spread it on top. Bake at 350-degrees for 35 minutes. Enjoy!!

I use all organic ingredients. This is excellent heated up. I usually make it and eat it over a 4-5 day period.