so do you feel thinner or larger then you are?

Options
124»

Replies

• lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i mostly feel pretty big. all the time.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Larger. I know I'm a LOT smaller now, but its hard to shake that overweight feeling.

I went shopping last Saturday and got into size 4 jeans, and everything I tried on basically fit, but I still expected things to get halfway on and be too tight...its a mental block I'm working on, but it won't happen overnight.

I posted on this a few weeks ago. I was thin as a kid and teenager, and because I'm tall, as I gained, I told myself it didn't show that much because it was 'balanced' and thought I still looked thin. I'm still afraid to trust that voice in my head that wants to tell me I'm not fat anymore.....because I know it can be a liar!

Its going to take a while, but I don't want to become obsessive (and be one of those people who complains about being fat when they aren't) either....
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    My attitude is that i'm 10 feet tall and bullet proof, but in reality I'm 5'6" and closer to the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    huge. all. the. time. the end.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I still feel my gut there and I gotta look in the mirror and see for myself that its gone. I had quite the belly for being so small. 34" jiggly inches of flab, it was pretty prominent and hung over the front of my jeans. Basically I'd buy bigger pants and have my legs tapered cuz I had bony legs, anyway, I still feel it there and its gone. Weirdness.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I see myself as skinny or normal. For some reason getting to the healthy BMI was enough to make my mind up that I don't stick out in stores or coffee shops anymore. I'm normal and nobody will look at me and think in the back of their head that I'm fat or chunky. Instead they'll probably critique my dress style, hair, lack of make up or something else that I can deal with LOL! There's just something so harsh when dealing with people thinking you are fat...

The only time I have to double check myself is when I'm with my sisters as they are both underweight naturally and it can skew my perception of healthy when comparing myself to them. They do not comment on me being over weight or anything anymore which is nice. We have become closer as friends and adults that think a like instead of bickering over each others weight.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I usually feel skinny right after a hard workout...the rest of the time I feel fat.
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I feel thinner than the scale says... Until I see myself naked.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    definitely feel much much larger then i am except when i'm running then i don't care, even on a bad run day i feel like a million dollars :-)
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I feel more nimble but still generally feel pudgy.
  • AmandaR321
    AmandaR321 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel bigger. Plus not being able to work out doesn't help.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Mine varies. Some days I feel thinner, other days I feel bigger. I feel thinner after I work out, for sure. On days when I don't feel good or am "down in the dumps", I tend to feel bigger. It's such an emotional issue that I think it can be impacted by many things.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Definitely feel bigger than I am! I know for a fact I'm smaller just because jeans that used to not go past my thighs are too big now but all I see is the fat that still remains =( Looking at old pictures compared to new ones helps put things in perspective though.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I always feel smaller, until I see a picture of myself.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I think I am bigger than I am until I see pictures!
  • traceizbiz
    Options
    I'm the opposite... I forget that I'm fat and am always surprised when I see my reflection. I don't buy clothes that are small or anything - I'm realistic about what size I am when I shop, but I'm still surprised when I catch a glimpse of myself that I'm not the thinner person that I feel like.

That's so funny, I thought I was weird, cause in my head I always think of myself as skinny, I too am surprised (and horrified) when I see my reflection! Sounds weird really, considering I have to face the fact every morning when I get dressed!