Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to enjoy myself.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Not logging and pigging out!! My willpower is strong..I know I can go off..enjoy the day and then jump right back into healthy eating on Friday!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    we had our Thanksgiving this past Saturday this year due to schedule. i stayed under my goal and had no dessert, candied yams etc... I'll start adding a few of these foods back in when i get close to my goal.

Thanksgiving day this year I will be eat a lot of sashimi and edamame. and by a lot i mean a lot.
  • jackeroo83
    jackeroo83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    After giving this a lot of thought, I think that I'll probably not log, but hopefully eat within moderation! Usually when I go off the rails and eat whatever I want all I end up feeling is guilty and weighed down. I think I'll probably have a little of all of my favorite things, but hopefully not get uncomfortably full! :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to log, and I'm not going to worry about it. My body can't physically eat that much anyway.

Besides, it's only one day, and calories don't count on holidays.

Amen!! I do plan on getting a great workout in before I go to dinner, anything after that doesn't count. Friday's a brand new day =)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Logging everything as usual. I'm going to have a protein shake for bfast and lunch, then Epic Meal Time for Thanksgiving! Maybe around 2500-3000 calories...I'll try and keep it low carb. Is this a bad idea?
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Is champagne a carb?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    'There is no cheating on MFP!?!?! This is a lifestyle change' This is not a cult group.....and YES it IS a lifestyle change. Meaning learning moderation, self control, discipline and adopting eating habits that will take you through your lifetime. Which for me means = one day of eating, giving thanks and appreciation for all the bounty that we have, enjoying friends family and good times is NOT going to hurt me or my healthy lifestyle. Friday it's back to business...it's called willpower and determination. I will NOT sit there and calculate numbers and calories and macros over the dinner table. For me this works, it's sustainable and rewarding for all the hard work I do year round!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    going to do my best to stay in range by cutting back the other meals and doing exercise. however, it's a possibility that i'll go over. i'm on maintenance, and it's just one day. still going to log that day, as much as i'd prefer not to.

i generally prep in advance for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • michelec64
    michelec64 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    All bets are off. I'll log in where I can just because I'm meticulous that way, but I still fully plan on enjoying Thanksgiving with all the great food (desserts included) and then Friday I'll go back to normal. The only nod to my changed eating habits is that I won't be bringing home any leftovers.

For me this is a change for life and there's no way I'm opting out of enjoying the food that comes with celebrations and holidays. Those amount to just a handful of days out of the year anyway, so as long as I stay on track the other 300+ days I have nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving, no matter how much you eat (or not eat).
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    'There is no cheating on MFP!?!?! This is a lifestyle change' This is not a cult group.....and YES it IS a lifestyle change. Meaning learning moderation, self control, discipline and adopting eating habits that will take you through your lifetime. Which for me means = one day of eating, giving thanks and appreciation for all the bounty that we have, enjoying friends family and good times is NOT going to hurt me or my healthy lifestyle. Friday it's back to business...it's called willpower and determination. I will NOT sit there and calculate numbers and calories and macros over the dinner table. For me this works, it's sustainable and rewarding for all the hard work I do year round!

YES!!!