Your Gym Pet Peeves!

Options

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    People who try to talk while I'm trying to put in work.

It doesn't matter who they are or what they look like...The gym isn't social hour for me, it's a place of business.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

People who stare at you all the time or keep walking past you to look

Sorry, that was me.

Well if all the ladies didn't look so hot I wouldn't have this problem.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Totally, along with the effort grunting : (

Try deadlifting 300 lbs and let me know if youre quiet as a mouse.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Totally, along with the effort grunting : (

Try deadlifting 300 lbs and let me know if youre quiet as a mouse.

Yeah, grunting doesn't bother me much. I don't really grunt but it's not a big deal to me. It annoys me less than the chick who picks up the 2.5lb dumbell and does 50 reps of curls.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sorry lect, but I fart lmao. I think it's the increased protien intake:( I will move away or try to warn others, but I don't go running for the bathroom because i'd spend a lot of time in there.

OH ANOTHER PEEVE.... people you take dumbells to do supersets when the dumbells are limited. They can walk over to the rack and lift too so that I can get mine in... jeeze. I just need to go to a bigger gym lol.

Let me count the ways: LOL

People who wear too much cologne and it gives me an instant headache

People who don't wear deodorant

People who don't wipe off their machine

People who use 2-3 machines at the same time

People who talk to you too much

Girls who wear almost nothing... Keep the butt crack and cleavage for your man (or woman)

OMG People who fart. Sooo grose, go in the bathroom

As far as the person who said something about sweating, I sweat like crazy around my neck and sometimes back, but I always bring a towel. You cant help that and I am working my butt off to make every minute count! :)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I agree with this SO much.. I see so many girls FLYING on the elliptical machine, to the point where its making noises, yet they don't seem to be sweating as hard as I am. I wish people would learn about the incline/resistance settings on the machine versus borderline breaking them
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty easygoing, but I don't love excessive talk in the gym either! I really want to get in and out and keep up my pace while I'm there. I'm not unfriendly, but there are several members who I believe come primarily for social reasons and I can't catch up with everyone every time I visit. But I do, because I'm passive!

Other than that, the guy who often rewears smelly, unwashed gym clothes that were obviously left damp with prior workout's sweat in his locker or gym bag. I cannot believe he cannot smell himself. Yuck.
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    people that don't know what appropriate gym attire is...............STAB!
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    And the worst peeve is probably talkers. When I'm on the treadmill trying to focus on running, and the two girls next to me are strolling at 2.0mph gossiping it grinds my gears! Go talk anywhere else, but not next to me. I'm talkative as all hell, but not when I'm trying to get a workout in.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe off their machine. SICK!!

People who think they have a claim on a certain machine. Seriously, I went to a Spin class the other day for the first time and a lady gave me the stank eye the whole time because I was on HER bike.

Oh, and I also sweat a lot. And yes, I drip. Sorry about that. I wipe it up though!
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    People that have time to read or hold a conversation while working out. If you can do both of those then you aren't working hard enough! I'm jus sayin!
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I don't like that people don't interact anymore.
    When I first started going to Gyms 25 years ago, no one brought their Sony cassette Walkman. There would be one radio station playing in the background and that was it. So you could actually meet people and make small talk.
    Now everyone has a TV right in front of them and headphones on so unless you already know someone, you never will meat them.

I have been on the treadmill next to some people for years and I only know them by names I make up;
    1. He/She(debated for years, now I know its a woman)
    2. Bearded Guy
    3. Lawyer/Accountant Guy
    4. Nice @ss
    5. Nicer @ss
    etc.....
    I love bringing my Sony cassette walkman to the gym! LOL! I don't go to the gym to socialize, just to workout and get on with my life.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Loogies in the water fountain >:( eeeewwww!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    People who screech their inane conversations to each other. If I can hear you over my max volume Skrillex tunes then you are way too loud and I want you to go away.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe off their machines!

^^^^THIS
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I don't like that people don't interact anymore.
    When I first started going to Gyms 25 years ago, no one brought their Sony cassette Walkman. There would be one radio station playing in the background and that was it. So you could actually meet people and make small talk.
    Now everyone has a TV right in front of them and headphones on so unless you already know someone, you never will meat them.

I have been on the treadmill next to some people for years and I only know them by names I make up;
    1. He/She(debated for years, now I know its a woman)
    2. Bearded Guy
    3. Lawyer/Accountant Guy
    4. Nice @ss
    5. Nicer @ss
    etc.....

So this isn't just me? I have a ton of made up names for people. I'm married but some of the eye candy in there...just wow. LOL I can look at the menu just as long as I eat dinner at home right? hehe

Sorry, that was me.

Well if all the ladies didn't look so hot I wouldn't have this problem.

Men. sigh... ;)
    I don't mind normally, people are going to look at each other but its when it starts to get creepy and excessive. There is one guy in particular, he will turn around on the elliptical to stare at me while I am on the treadmill behind him for however long I am on, could be 20 minutes, could be an hour. He almost never looks away, usually only if I look at him and then once I look away he does it again. I have told my husband about him just in case this guy goes mental...LOL. Recently I have been giving him dirty looks and it doesn't seem to work very good. Anyhow, I will just kick him in the head if he tries anything. ;)

You don't strike me as one of those guys...LOL I know your just being like a typical man...;)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bugs me is when the wipes for wiping down the machines are empty, I don't like leaving a machine without wiping it down. Otherwise, I really don't notice anything or anyone at the gym. I put my headphones on and get in the zone. Although, I do like to see people who are in shape when I'm working out, so that's the only thing that I notice, for two reasons- 1. it's motivational, reminds me of what I'm working towards and 2. It's nice to know that they are working hard to look that way and it's not just because they're "lucky" lol.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    honeysprinkles... please tell me your profile pic isn't you.. because I'm wondering why you need to lose 50 lbs!!

xo
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    honeysprinkles... please tell me your profile pic isn't you.. because I'm wondering why you need to lose 50 lbs!!

xo
    No, it's for motivation. I always get asked that, maybe I should add some text to it. lol. I am 5'6", 185 lbs, I can lose 50lbs and be at a perfectly healthy weight!
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Ahhh ok - phew! I'm 5'3 184, so I get it ;)

Great motivation idea! xo