Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Options
zipnguyen
zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
Hi,

I was 271 lbs. and then I dwindled down to 175 lbs. with Layne Norton's help. I made top ten in a physique competition out of 215 competitors. I've been reverse dieting for what seems like forever, but it's only been about 3 months. I'm currently bouncing around between 175 to 180 and honing in on 177. However, I'm much leaner at 177 and larger at 177 than I ever was the last time I was 177.

I believe I'm currently consuming my TDEE because I'm getting leaner in some areas and getting stronger while maintaining weight - (thanks coach Norton).

And I actually look completely different at 177 compared to 175...

Oh...I forgot, ADD ME, I need friends... :bigsmile:

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!! Request sent :)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    WTG! Request sent as well! Keep it up! :)
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you!
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Great job! Sending request!
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    epic win!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    stupid question, but how do you add a photo here...there's no attachment button...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    stupid question, but how do you add a photo here...there's no attachment button...

is up uploaded already?

ie.. 9693119_4911_thumb.jpg Just hit the quote button to see the bb code.

BTW, you're looking good bro. Way lean and way strong. Damn good job.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    awe shucks thanks... another dumb question, what's a bb code?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I upload a pic to flickr or imageshack, then copy and paste the image code here, with before, and after the code but change the IMG to lowercase letters. I hope I explained it correctly. :smile:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Let's see if the pic posting works...

ALRIGHTY...

GOLD HAS BEEN STRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those with a sweet tooth, I have found the IMO a great alternative to Haagen Daz. Don't get me wrong it's not going to taste like Haagen Daz, but it sure does satiate the need for ice cream if you are dieting.:happy:

Here's the break down.......
    150 Calories per pint, NOT per serving. PER PINT. This is where everyone says YAY...
    14-16 grams of whey protein per pint.
    7 grams of of carbs
    ZERO fat...

That there is what I call post-workout-meal, but it would seem like we would need to eat 2 at one sitting... Now what to do with this insulin spike:bigsmile:

1ABAhZrwreWXvxh9Z5iyMsyLDG8C3667.jpeg

1B2hjEl1Vx2HzR6hBlCIY7UNxulgt608.jpeg

17WGclPXj0DIpLqPAmcD2SSyc1g169.jpeg
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Got it to UPLOAD FINALLY. I only had to upload the photos from my www.bodybuilding.com account and copy/paste the photos here....Sheesh the hassle... :wink:
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would really like to see some of your before pics, when you were at your heaviest....you have clearly done an amazing job!!!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    as soon as I can figure out how to upload the 3 prior photos of my ice cream, i will upload other photos.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Friend request on the way, I could use friends who have figured out how to dial in their eating!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    I would really like to see some of your before pics, when you were at your heaviest....you have clearly done an amazing job!!!

Here you go...

Left photo 271 lbs.
    Middle photo 200 lbs.
    Right photo 175 lbs.

1zi0kNow9V69fQrZo95brSLZUP8K0475.jpeg
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    My weakest part was always my arms, but with my coach's help, I am making them catch up substantially...

Below is 4 photos of my arm progression.................

1J3DWgQceQmvOEjbT0s5CsRavSoFLu985.jpeg
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    the 4 photos above are actual pumped and relaxed. My avatar shows my flexed arm, but about 1.5 hours after a meal with relatively high sodium so I "fill out" and look vascular...
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    This photo is of me bouncing around 178-180 lbs. and I'm leaner here than when I was at 175 lbs. Wife doesn't dig the vascularity much, but oh well...

1Ce0fWLLn82nmWwnIRUPL440pyOM936.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!