Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Options

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    OMG it has totally helped me get back on track.

Plus I found out the Whole Foods here has the arctic ice creamy stuff. I have my sugar moments.

Totally inspired thanks for sharing all of your meals. Glad to see they aren't all chicken, broccoli or frozen mixed vegetables and a sweet potato or brown rice.

Um...I'm no stranger to that. Check my food diary a few days back :bigsmile:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Oh man, don't know how I missed the rest of this thread from earlier. Heaps of GREAT info in here. Well done.

You are proof of IIFYM style nutritional plans working for optimal physique & health.

I LOVE the ice cream pop tart sandwich. I've only done it with PB&CO variants so far and that was a winner :smile: Pop tarts are hard to find in aus though so they're not a regular thing for me. Great for carb ups though!

Also, interested on how you keep the fats so low on your pizzas. I haven't made too many because the fat seems to blow out easily even using low fat cheese & minimal amounts.

either Fat free mozerella cheese or low-skim 2% cheese mozerella and use chicken breast. I throw in the salami stuff for the kids or a few pieces for me and drop my peanut butter amount later in the day. YES, IIFIYMs...:wink:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    All I can say is "THAT IS FRIGGIN' AMAZING!!"
    Unbelievable transformation. Great job.

Currently, reverse dieting and will be in my mass phase soon...How soon depends on my coach, Layne Norton :happy: <
    dude's too inspirational, glad he's on my side. And he blessed more carbs and fats so my diary for tomorrow will change - OH IT WILL CHANGE, will change it tonight before I go to bed. :bigsmile:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Oh man, don't know how I missed the rest of this thread from earlier. Heaps of GREAT info in here. Well done.

You are proof of IIFYM style nutritional plans working for optimal physique & health.

I LOVE the ice cream pop tart sandwich. I've only done it with PB&CO variants so far and that was a winner :smile: Pop tarts are hard to find in aus though so they're not a regular thing for me. Great for carb ups though!

Also, interested on how you keep the fats so low on your pizzas. I haven't made too many because the fat seems to blow out easily even using low fat cheese & minimal amounts.

either Fat free mozerella cheese or low-skim 2% cheese mozerella and use chicken breast. I throw in the salami stuff for the kids or a few pieces for me and drop my peanut butter amount later in the day. YES, IIFIYMs...:wink:

Good stuff. My main fat intake is pb/fish oil supps & coconut oil for cooking also. I'll give that a go.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    The product of my reverse diet... Gaining mass while staying lean and/or getting leaner and eating more... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

backdev2.jpg
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    OK - How the heck am I supposed to hit my macros with quality control over at the bread companies lacking. How am I supposed to hit my macros when my bread is holy, whoops, I mean holely...

Don't know if you can see my oatmeal off to the side, but since I had to hit my macros right, I ended up putting 6 Trix cereal pellets into the holes to plug them up. Problem solved, and the numbers worked out so I didn't even enter it into MFP.

"Silly Rabbit Trix are for Bread...":bigsmile:

Wife saw it and said, "seriously..." and I said yeah...and walked away...:wink:

breadfail.jpg
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Have you been eating at a calorie deficit all this time? You seem to have gain alot of muscle mass

yes. I'm still at a slight caloric deficit because when you compare my photos at a constant weight of 177-178 over the past 3 months of my reverse diet (which I have not uploaded yet) I look totally different from when I was dieting down and through 177-175 vs. now when I've hovering between 175 to 178. It's like my body morphed while staying at this weight.

Once I start my mass phase, however, my coach sees 1-2 lbs per month easy in this slow and controlled manner. So hopefully back up near 200 lbs in about a year from now. For height reference, I'm 5'8"...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    OK - How the heck am I supposed to hit my macros with quality control over at the bread companies lacking. How am I supposed to hit my macros when my bread is holy, whoops, I mean holely...

Don't know if you can see my oatmeal off to the side, but since I had to hit my macros right, I ended up putting 6 Trix cereal pellets into the holes to plug them up. Problem solved, and the numbers worked out so I didn't even enter it into MFP.

LOL. You're definitely keen to be spot on with those macros!
  • zipnguyen
    Options

LOL. You're definitely keen to be spot on with those macros!

Heck yeah... Can't leave anything to chance. 2012-2013 competition coming and I'm about 66-104 weeks out to pack as much mass on me as possible while staying lean.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Arms have always been a weak point for me. I just added another photo to the arms progression. I tried to scale everything correctly as best as I can to not distort the images.

arms.jpg
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Couldn't find the before or during legs in this same pose, but here it is. I'm a little hairy so the lines/cuts might not come through well. Before people make bodybuilding thong jokes. First, they're called posing trunks and second, it's actually shorts that I bunched up to look like a thong, whoops, I mean posing trunks. :laugh:

frontallegs.JPG
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    amazing
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    amazing

still reverse dieting - can't wait to actually put some mass on actually.
  • Peachy_T
    Peachy_T Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!! You're doing an awesome job! And thanks for all the info. on your meals!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, i'd hate to meet you in a dark alley! lol ~kidding
    fabulous & outstanding job! good luck to you in your upcoming event.
    & all i can say is, dang, your wifey is a lucky woman!!!
    keep up the great work! =)
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Holy crap, i'd hate to meet you in a dark alley! lol ~kidding
    fabulous & outstanding job! good luck to you in your upcoming event.
    & all i can say is, dang, your wifey is a lucky woman!!!
    keep up the great work! =)

Awe shucks:blushing:

But you haven't see my wife, I'm the lucky one.:bigsmile:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!! You're doing an awesome job! And thanks for all the info. on your meals!

no problem...good luck to you...
  • glossybl3
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    bumppppppp :love:
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Let's see if the pic posting works...

ALRIGHTY...

GOLD HAS BEEN STRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those with a sweet tooth, I have found the IMO a great alternative to Haagen Daz. Don't get me wrong it's not going to taste like Haagen Daz, but it sure does satiate the need for ice cream if you are dieting.:happy:

Here's the break down.......
    150 Calories per pint, NOT per serving. PER PINT. This is where everyone says YAY...
    14-16 grams of whey protein per pint.
    7 grams of of carbs
    ZERO fat...

That there is what I call post-workout-meal, but it would seem like we would need to eat 2 at one sitting... Now what to do with this insulin spike:bigsmile:

1ABAhZrwreWXvxh9Z5iyMsyLDG8C3667.jpeg

1B2hjEl1Vx2HzR6hBlCIY7UNxulgt608.jpeg

17WGclPXj0DIpLqPAmcD2SSyc1g169.jpeg

WWOWWWWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!! DO they have this at Whole Foods?!?
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Okay I've been googling LOL holy mackeral, how much is this?? Amazon is charging almost 40 bucks!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!