Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Options

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Zip food looks awesome. Well done too

Thanks. Will upload a photo right now of how the Strawberry Oatmeal Cookie ice cream looks when frozen for a day.

See below.

11.jpg
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I would really like to see some of your before pics, when you were at your heaviest....you have clearly done an amazing job!!!

Here you go...

Left photo 271 lbs.
    Middle photo 200 lbs.
    Right photo 175 lbs.

1zi0kNow9V69fQrZo95brSLZUP8K0475.jpeg

OHGOSH you look 15 years younger at least! Fantastic!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    I would really like to see some of your before pics, when you were at your heaviest....you have clearly done an amazing job!!!

Here you go...

Left photo 271 lbs.
    Middle photo 200 lbs.
    Right photo 175 lbs.

1zi0kNow9V69fQrZo95brSLZUP8K0475.jpeg

OHGOSH you look 15 years younger at least! Fantastic!

Awe shucks thanks...
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    That's amazing dude I am looking forward to loosing my weight and gaining muscle.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Congratulations (: you look great! I love the pizza idea and great macro-nutrient counts with the spaghetti and those turkey meatballs. I need to find out if I can get that ice cream in Canada (Especially since it's lactose free, hooray!) .

Also, congratulations on the beautiful baby girl. Glad I stumbled across this topic.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    WOW you look incredible keep up the good work. But you mention on here several times to look at your diary, but your diary is not public. I would love to check out what you are eating......and congrats on your baby girl, beautiful family
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    That's amazing dude I am looking forward to loosing my weight and gaining muscle.

good luck to you...
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Congratulations (: you look great! I love the pizza idea and great macro-nutrient counts with the spaghetti and those turkey meatballs. I need to find out if I can get that ice cream in Canada (Especially since it's lactose free, hooray!) .

Also, congratulations on the beautiful baby girl. Glad I stumbled across this topic.

Thanks for all the congrats...

Arctic Zero Ice Cream is good, BUT I've just cracked the code on making my own versions of ice cream which is much more cost effective. I will be posting my Pumpkin Granola Chocolate Brownie High-Protein, High-Fiber Ice Cream real soon.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    WOW you look incredible keep up the good work. But you mention on here several times to look at your diary, but your diary is not public. I would love to check out what you are eating......and congrats on your baby girl, beautiful family

It should be viewable to friends. Friend me and you can see my diary.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    And here it is folks. Pumpkin Granola Chocolate Brownie High-Protein, High-Fiber Ice Cream. ENJOY. But first I must warn you experiment in small batches because your macronutrient needs and totals may be different than mine. But the base recipe and instructions are the same. It's up to you to play with the toppings or innards as the case may be.:bigsmile:

The carb macro here is higher because I needed them to be higher for today and tomorrow. I chose to bulk this out with carbs via two FiberONE granola bars and three FiberONE brownies. OR you could have easily substituted with 3 to 4 pop tarts. It's up to you. Go with out the FiberOne adds or pop tarts and you get a very low carb, high fiber, high protein ice cream.
    p0.jpg

Use the whole darn can. Each serving has about 9g of CHO, but 5g of that CHO is fiber.
    p1.jpg

Zucchini peeled and washed. You are not using this many, I just like to prepare in batches.
    p2.JPG

Your choice of cinnamon and the amount you wish, just account for it.
    p3.JPG

Your choice of sugar-substitute and the amount you wish, just account for it.
    p4.JPG

300g of zucchini. I know the scale says 299g, it's close enough :wink:
    p5.JPG

Put the entire contents of the pumpkin and 300g of zucchini into a ziplock bag and smash flat. It freezes easier and quicker this way.
    p6.JPG

Takes a good 3-4 hours and it should be frozen like this...
    p7.JPG

Break it up and leave it in the bag for now.
    p8.JPG

Use about 3.5 scoops of your choice of vanilla whey. If making a chocolate or strawberry ice cream, use the appropriate whey flavors. I use chocolate in my upcoming ice cream project called Cookie Crisps 'N Cream Ice Cream (coming soon)
    p9.JPG

Add 1/2 cup of 2% milk and your whey protein.
    p10.JPG

mix...not much really to say here...just mix. :laugh:
    p11.JPG

Add the pumpkin and zucchini and start slow and then move to medium and then to high. Should look fluffy and completely incorporated like this.
    p12.JPG

There should be THREE of this FiberONE brownies. I only took a photo of two then realized I needed to his certain macro goals and added the third brownie after this photo was taken.
    p13.JPG

Crumble and mix it with a spoon Cold Stone Creamery Style :wink:
    p14.JPG

when removing the unfrozen ice cream mixture, make sure to get everything. Since everything was weighed and measure, this remnant in the bowl are "lost macros" I'm afraid...:sad:
    p15.JPG

Put in a large tupperware container for freezing.
    p16.JPG

This is a comparison of two of my servings of pumpkin brownie ice cream versus 1 pint of Arctic Zero ice cream.
    p17.JPG

I realized that this big tupperware will not fit in this freezer or the 2nd fridge/freezer we have in the garage so I had to put it in 4 smaller tupperware containers increasing the "lost macros" from transferring from one container to another...:huh:
    p18.JPG

Take two of these and crumble and mix in Cold Stone Creamery Style
    p19.JPG

This is one scoop of ice cream. One scoop is "typically" one serving of "regular ice cream. But since there is so much volume of food with low caloric load, I will be having 6 scoops. The macros with the brownies and granola bars is 88c/14f/51p 30g of CHO of the 88g of CHO is fiber. Basically you are getting your WHOLE DAY's worth of fiber in, in one short. If you want to reduce the fat and fiber content sub out the FiberONE bars and brownies with pop tarts. I should have done this because all that fiber in one shot leaves you very full feeling... VERY FULL FEELING.
    p20.JPG

Six scoops per "helping" or "serving" depending on your macros.
    p21.JPG

Close up for texture...
    p22.JPG
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    All these things that I'm putting a nice spin on was actually ideas I got from www.proteinfluff.com:drinker:

ENJOY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck on the Strawberry Oatmeal cookie ice cream.. I can't stop looking at it. :love:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    I'm stuck on the Strawberry Oatmeal cookie ice cream.. I can't stop looking at it. :love:

The kids and wife pretty much ate it all. Healthy snack and then they added the not so healthy stuff like Fruity Pebbles cereal, full fat chocolate syrup, and marshmallows. At least the base ice cream was healthy.:wink:
  • cameralinds
    Options
    This whole post is lined with fantastic information!! You look great!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    yummy!!! can't wait to try the strawberry oatmeal :)
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    This whole post is lined with fantastic information!! You look great!

Thanks. I usually update this thread regularly. Next is chili. And maybe a little about the weight training protocol I am doing.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    yummy!!! can't wait to try the strawberry oatmeal :)

Kids love it. It's the only way I get them to eat good sources of protein.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post these recipes!! I will def be trying some!!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post these recipes!! I will def be trying some!!

No problem. The Turkey Chili is next...
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!