Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Options

Replies

• recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks again, it does help.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    oh, the snickers cake looks like it could be hard to fit in the macros if your lowish fat?
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    oh, the snickers cake looks like it could be hard to fit in the macros if your lowish fat?

Actually it's not that bad. I will fit in your macros, but since it's so low in protein, I end up having some sort of chocolate whey protein because chicken breast would just not right with this meal
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Thanks again, it does help.

Heck yeah it helps. Oh wait, does it not fit in your macros? Sorry...
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    It's What Happy Tastes Like!

I noticed that saying too, and it was creepy to me too when I read that.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Snickers Ice Cream Cake? I had no idea such a thing existed but I'm glad it does. :laugh:
    What are you putting on your pizzas?

To be honest cake doesn't do it justice. It's like a loaf of bread size cake thingy.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    BIG BIG SALE TODAY at SafeWay... Sale ends TODAY, get going...

Will be stocking up on Pizza Dough...

dough.jpg

Everyone comments on the Snickers Ice Cream Loaf Cake, YET NO ONE mentions something to the effect of, "....holy snikees pizza dough is that cheap..."
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    <
    has failed making pop-tart-ice-cream-sammies
    <
    will have to go back a couple of pages to find out how it's supposed to be made.

fail.jpg
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    <
    <
    will have to go back a couple of pages to find out how it's supposed to be made.

fail.jpg

LOL!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    <
    <

fail.jpg

LOL!

You know it. Wife caught, whoops I mean saw, me taking a photo and she gave me that oh-please-eye-roll-stare-walk-away-thing-going-on. She then said, "you know the kids will want some," My response was well I guess I have to hide and eat it then. :laugh:
  • Tarah1218
    Options
    Poptarts, oh how I miss them! Come June I will eat 3 boxes in 1 sitting....wildberry, strawberry, and blueberry...safeway brand preferably. I have been frustrated lately...no weight change but pictures say my legs leaned out slighting, same with belly and low handles....You ever have a problem with the scale moving the first few weeks of a cut? I am getting pissed at it, should throw the thing out the window!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Poptarts, oh how I miss them! Come June I will eat 3 boxes in 1 sitting....wildberry, strawberry, and blueberry...safeway brand preferably. I have been frustrated lately...no weight change but pictures say my legs leaned out slighting, same with belly and low handles....You ever have a problem with the scale moving the first few weeks of a cut? I am getting pissed at it, should throw the thing out the window!

Wait, wait....you said "SafeWay pop tarts 'preferably'"??? Nature's Path pop tarts are USDA certified organic, has the same macronutrient content as Kellogg's and cheaper than Kellogg's. So if it's the same cost/unit, or cost/tart if you will, then you should make the switch. NP pop tarts taste less processy<
    not a real word, but you get the *.jpg

Re: first few weeks of a cut, no. Usually the first few weeks of a cut is when you lose more weight as you get further and further into the cut you lose slower, slower and slower OR at least that's how theory works and I've noticed it with myself. Maybe macro's are not optimized for you, you still with that coach you don't like too much?:happy:

Sorry, my bad...not coach, you had called them a "cookie-cutter coach," am I right? :wink:
  • Tarah1218
    Options
    Nope, I switched. Still no results on the scale though. I am eating more food, finally! He took me off the 1000-1400 cals she had me on a day and upped me to 1800-1900 a day. I eat "cleaner" foods right now because I love volume. Being able to sit down and eat enough to feel that stretch in my stomach is so wonderful. I am thinking my body might need time to adjust to the calorie increase. My weight actually increased by 4-5 pds once I started adding carbs back in and upping my calories. So I guess I am not truely starting my cut...I am just changing it around. I still have 5 months but I found out yesterday I will need to be leaner than I antisipated...I need to lose a good 25-30 pounds...not 15-20 pds. I will be a raging b word too once I get past my 140 range and leaner than 14%. I really hope my body gets to 14% and looks lean enough, but considering I carry all my fat in my spare tire, I doubt that will be the case. 14% and you can hardly see my abs at all.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Nope, I switched. Still no results on the scale though. I am eating more food, finally! He took me off the 1000-1400 cals she had me on a day and upped me to 1800-1900 a day. I eat "cleaner" foods right now because I love volume. Being able to sit down and eat enough to feel that stretch in my stomach is so wonderful. I am thinking my body might need time to adjust to the calorie increase. My weight actually increased by 4-5 pds once I started adding carbs back in and upping my calories. So I guess I am not truely starting my cut...I am just changing it around. I still have 5 months but I found out yesterday I will need to be leaner than I antisipated...I need to lose a good 25-30 pounds...not 15-20 pds. I will be a raging b word too once I get past my 140 range and leaner than 14%. I really hope my body gets to 14% and looks lean enough, but considering I carry all my fat in my spare tire, I doubt that will be the case. 14% and you can hardly see my abs at all.

I think the refeed'ing may be necessary, you'll most probably hover at this caloric load, and once the carbs are taken away, well then, your met-rate will be higher so I suspect your coach is trying to take advantage of a higher caloric load + increased metabolic rate, then when carbs are taken away your higher met-rate will search, sort of speak, for more calories which they can easily liberate from fat stores given you'll most probably be on lower carbs; I bet nothing too drastic either, but it will be night and day in terms of busting through a plateau. And dieting for a long time is also mentally tolling (I know). Sounds like the coach is working it right for you though. But I'm just guessing at this point.

Yes, on females 14% is quite lean (lucky).
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Holy moly! You look amazing!!!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Holy moly! You look amazing!!!

Thank you
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    <
    made these again last night and will be making more today for the X-mas party. The dough was only $0.99 as you see on my earlier posts this week. :bigsmile: :wink:

My wife asked if I was bringing my own food today to the x-mas party. I said, "You know it..." and continued to say, "...not just bringing for myself. Will make more and bring everything to the party thereby hitting my macros stealthily, when everyone thinks I am cheating on my diet, but I am not cheating by eating 1/2 of a pizza and I may just use real full fat cheese and the newly thawed bacon (currently still in the fridge) to ruin their diets though. Muwahahaha..." My wife gave me that "oh please" stare again. I get that a lot as it seems...:laugh:

twopie.jpg
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Alrighty folks. Thank you so much for commenting and/or sending me PM's about homemade pizza. I think its good to have if you understand your macro nutrient totals. I don't if you eat the same amount as I do, you might lose weight, gain weight or maintain - who knows. But in terms of "diet" food if you will, I tend to make my favorite foods fit into my macro nutrient totals. Pizza being one of them.

The whole process of preheating, prepping and cooking should take NO MORE than 25 mins.

Preheat oven to 450 BEFORE you start your dough-stretching-pizza-saucing-topping-process. Believe me, you will be much faster than the time it takes the oven to preheat. Use the heat-from-bottom and not "convection." heat from bottom gives you a crispier crust. Convection back makes the dough bread-like and rises too much. So I prefer heat-from-bottom.

16ozs of White/Wheat pizza dough from Safeway - the WHOLE dough ball is 200grams of carbs. So depending on your carb allowance for any given day, I could technically two pizzas per day just to maintain weight (400 grams of carbs/day), but in doing this I will not hit my fiber goals for the day, so I cannot eat like this everyday.

Dried Spices - I use oregano and "Italian Seasonings" <
    yes, there's a seasoning called, "Italian Seasonings."

Spin, stretch dough. YouTube this. My first pizza didn't look right, so YouTube'ing how to stretch dough is a must. I don't spin it in the air, I could, but it's unnecessary. I only do this as a flare for the kids and that's it. It makes a mess really AND if you drop it, you have one of two choices (1) use another dough ball and throw away the dropped one or (2) hopefully your floors are clean enough for you to just pick up and use.

Once spun out to your desired diameter and thickness, place on a pizza screen. It's cheap. I bought 12 of them for $41 on eBay. Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PIZZA-SCREEN-16-CASE-12-SCREENS-/280790502933?_trksid=p5197.m185&amp;_trkparms=algo=SIC.NPJS&itu=I%2BUA&otn=12&pmod=280791911912&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5175026335666839256

^^^I have the 18" ones. I only found the 16" link on eBay. They also go up to 20" and as little as 12". You could make it on a cookie tray or on foil, but I've found out that it's not going to be as crispy and "restaurant like" OR I've done this too which is buy 1 unglazed corey tile from Home Depot for about $2.35. It's basically the same thing as a pizza stone. But if you buy a pizza stone at a store it's going to run you $30-$50. I spent $2.35 on 1 18"x18" corey tile which worked great but getting the pizza on there and off the corey stone requires a pizza peel, which in my opinion get's kinda cumbersome to use on a consistent basis.

I have no idea what you would do with 12 screens though. You can't buy one because one costs you about $8 already. So might as well buy 12 and split the costs with friends and family. I ended up keeping 4 for myself and sharing the rest.

Anyways, PAM Spray the pizza screen and place your stretched dough on it.

Sauce it. Word to the wise, more sauce is not beneficial here, it will leak through and cause a mess in the oven (I know from experience).

Put the toppings on now BEFORE THE CHEESE. Trust me on this. I sprinkle the dried spices and meat toppings before I put the cheese on top. Reason being this, if you use grilled chicken that's already been grilled, it's going to dry out substantially if you put it on top of the cheese. Putting dry leaner cuts of meat is better under the cheese (again trust me on this). But in today's example, I made a bacon pizza (I know bacon...), but I put it under the cheese anyways.

Cheese it. I use a fat-free mozarella cheese.

Bake in oven until desired crispiness. Usually 13-15 minutes.

It should slide off the pizza screen on to your cutting board. Gawk, awe, salivate, take pictures, and then cut it up and serve it up.

ALL The toppings are adjusted to hit your macronutrient totals. For example, My usual pizza PER HALF Pizza will be about 113c/13f/55p. Today's is slightly higher in fat because I'm using bacon instead of grilled chicken breast, and hence, the macros today are 113c/33f/55p. I usually need about 100grams of carbs and about 50-55grams of protein in one sitting, but that's me though. Adjust yours accordingly....

Here are the progress photos of the pizza...

dough.jpg

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

photo3.JPG

photo4.JPG

photo5.JPG

photo6.JPG

photo7.JPG

photo8.JPG

ENJOY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    dieting on ice cream just got a whole lot easier. The concept was born from Quan Ngo's www.proteinfluff.com referral. I just took it a step further because I love cooking. The WHOLE MIXING Bowl's worth of ice cream is about 330 calories. I added the protein for kids mainly because my kids don't eat a lot of meat. Adjust ingredients to fit your macros. BUT I'll tell you the adult version will be WAY BETTER because the amount of fiber, protein, and lack of high-GI carbs...But I think I've said too much...

Enjoy:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Zip food looks awesome. Well done too
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!