Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Replies

• zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Look at all those grills! 4?!

Heading back to the turkey chili. :smile:

The chili gets better a day after. I think it's the beans and how the starches leach out of them into the spicy tomatoey broth that makes it's ungcious.
  • MommyOfTwnz
    MommyOfTwnz Posts: 1 Member
    hi
  • finally got on a real computer to be able to come see this. Thanks for the info and I can't wait to try the "ice cream"
  • please tell me they have cinnamon pop tarts...
  • zipnguyen
    please tell me they have cinnamon pop tarts...

I buy my pop tarts from a company that makes the organic-like. www.NaturesPath.com
  • My husband use to be like you with the grills....I bought him one of those 2 in 1 grills, both gas and charcoal and told him no other grills allowed on my deck! He gets upset though because he cooks a lot at one time in meat and complains about having to do it in 2 or 3 rounds.

Cooking in batches saves my booty around here too. Not because I don't have time to cook but because I always forget to thaw out meat. If it is precooked I can just throw in the micro or on the foreman, if we don't want it dry, lol.
  • zipnguyen
    My husband use to be like you with the grills....I bought him one of those 2 in 1 grills, both gas and charcoal and told him no other grills allowed on my deck! He gets upset though because he cooks a lot at one time in meat and complains about having to do it in 2 or 3 rounds.

Cooking in batches saves my booty around here too. Not because I don't have time to cook but because I always forget to thaw out meat. If it is precooked I can just throw in the micro or on the foreman, if we don't want it dry, lol.

make a lot and vacuum seal them; it's never dry once thawed or nuked in it's own sealed bag. If it was dry, I wouldn't eat it. I mean chicken breast is already kinda dry to begin with :wink:
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Bump 'cuz your "ice cream" photos look AMAZING ... I also like how you took photos of the steps in between. I've been struggling with homemade frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker ... I love that your fluff -> ice cream doesn't require one!

Also, awesome progress pics, too! I know what you mean about the size difference ... back when I did weigh 110, I was dating a nearly 300 lb. guy (he was 6'5" and big boned, so he wasn't ALL fat). Standing next to him, he looked MORE like a giant than he already was. :laugh:
  • zipnguyen
    Bump 'cuz your "ice cream" photos look AMAZING ... I also like how you took photos of the steps in between. I've been struggling with homemade frozen yogurt without an ice cream maker ... I love that your fluff -> ice cream doesn't require one!

Also, awesome progress pics, too! I know what you mean about the size difference ... back when I did weigh 110, I was dating a nearly 300 lb. guy (he was 6'5" and big boned, so he wasn't ALL fat). Standing next to him, he looked MORE like a giant than he already was. :laugh:

Thanks. The photos were taken with my iPhone. And with that said, I am waiting for a promo plug payment from Apple.
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    OK, maybe I'm blind, but ... do you have a recipe posted for the strawberry oatmeal one? I see the pumpkin one, but the strawberry is calling ...
  • zipnguyen
    OK, maybe I'm blind, but ... do you have a recipe posted for the strawberry oatmeal one? I see the pumpkin one, but the strawberry is calling ...

my bad. the strawberry one was for my kids hence the kiddie protein powder. But here's the recipe. Just sub out the kiddie protein for adult whey protein and instead of sugar, use whatever sugar substitute you like.

1 cup of 2% organic milk.
    2 oatmeal cookies that my wife made.
    2 scoops of that kid's protein powder because my kids don't get enough protein. They will get protein if it's in a McNugget form (LOL).
    350 grams by weight of Frozen Strawberries from Costco. I believe the brand is Kirkland.
    1.5 TBLS of Stevia
    1 TBLS of Sugar

If making for yourself and keeping the carbs "somewhat" low, use Stevia in it's entirety and not the sugar. Or sucralose or equal or whatever your favorite sugar substitute is.

Follow the instructions and or "concepts" from www.proteinfluff.com and voila. Freeze for 4-6 hours and it should come out like the Dryer's or Edy's "Slowchurn" line of ice creams. Slowchurn line of ice creams from these companies just means they whip more air into the ice cream making the calories lower and when frozen, you have more space in between the ice cream crystals although actual volume and mass is kept low.

ENJOY:drinker: <
    there's no eating smiley face, so this will have to do.
  • zipnguyen
    And that my friends is how POP TARTS negotiations are done!!!:bigsmile:

I went into the store with this coupon

poptarts.jpg

and note the limit 5. I spoke with manager and told him do I just walk out of the store and walk back in OR can I just ring it up under different transaction. My assumption to the manager was that I am in fact buying all these and there's nothing he can really do to stop me. His response was, "...sir I have to leave product here at the store and you can't just clear out our shelves... BUT sir, I can put an order in for you and you can pick it up on Saturday..."

SWEET. I will upload photos when I make the score. At these prices I really don't care if they are organic or not.:bigsmile:
  • Jdinh04
    Jdinh04 Posts: 2 Member
    $0.18 per pastry!
  • zipnguyen
    $0.18 per pastry!

HECK YEAH they are ordering me up 50 boxes where each box contains 8 of them - GOLD HAS BEEN STRUCK my friend. Will pick up Saturday morning and photograph
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    there's organic PopTarts? what? so confused....I'll read back a few pages. :embarassed:
  • zipnguyen
    there's organic PopTarts? what? so confused....I'll read back a few pages. :embarassed:

Yes there are. Natures Path organic pop tarts. But I am going back to Kellogs at these prices.
  • zipnguyen
    Here we go.

185arms.jpg

The far left photo, I'm 185lbs and the far right photo I'm 185lbs. The photo with the white trunks I was my lightest at 175lbs. Keep in mind for me to be in contest shape, I would need to lose ANOTHER 20lbs off that far right photo. Sucks, I know!!!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    What was your diet like during that period? Calorie deficit? Surplus? Both?
  • zipnguyen
    What was your diet like during that period? Calorie deficit? Surplus? Both?

There were a lot more photos than this. I didn't even put up the ones when I was 270 to 240. I don't even know where I saved them. Good riddance if you ask me.

From 240 to 185 was nothing but slight caloric deficit and cardio+weightlifting. But I am not new to weight lifting at all; been lifting for 19-20 years now. So even when I was 271lbs I didn't really look like I was 271lbs.
  • zipnguyen
    The far left and far right photos I'm 185lbs. In the white shorts I'm 175lbs.

185back.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!