Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Options

Replies

• westo22
    westo22 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has stuck around and read all that you have wrote, this is pretty damn good. Thank you for the inspiration. Your first progression pic (starting with you in the water with your son) is unbelievable.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    That is my biggest worry with my coach. She has me on so low carbs, even when I had fruits at 20 weeks, that I am always under 100g, higher end until yesterday, yesterday around 60g. When I hit 18% bf what is she going to do to get my body to let it go? More cardio? I am a hard fat loser but a great muscle gainer. She seems to be throwing me into her cookie cutter program and cutting out anything I can't have due to my medical issues and it is leaving me so flippin' limited. Can you tell I am frustrated. I think for my real prep at 8 weeks, or maybe I will just start a 12 week right after this 12 weeks, that I might pay her out the rest of my contract to get away from her and just get a better, more realistic, weathered coach.

And look at your Cholesterol levels :D! Do you supplement with folic or is that just from your diet?

For cholesterol - nothing I take in specific. I just need to hit my macros as prescribed by Layne. If fish oil and flaxseed oil counts, then yes I guess. My macros seem to change weekly now given how my photos look and my scale weight. The increases from Layne in terms of carbs can been as little as 5 grams or as high as 30 grams. My fat macro increases have been minimal...and I mean minimal!!!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    I hope everyone has stuck around and read all that you have wrote, this is pretty damn good. Thank you for the inspiration. Your first progression pic (starting with you in the water with your son) is unbelievable.

It was that photo and trip to Hawaii, that I said - WHOA, time to get back to my highschool and college shape... :wink:
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    That is my biggest worry with my coach. She has me on so low carbs, even when I had fruits at 20 weeks, that I am always under 100g, higher end until yesterday, yesterday around 60g. When I hit 18% bf what is she going to do to get my body to let it go? More cardio? I am a hard fat loser but a great muscle gainer. She seems to be throwing me into her cookie cutter program and cutting out anything I can't have due to my medical issues and it is leaving me so flippin' limited. Can you tell I am frustrated. I think for my real prep at 8 weeks, or maybe I will just start a 12 week right after this 12 weeks, that I might pay her out the rest of my contract to get away from her and just get a better, more realistic, weathered coach.

And look at your Cholesterol levels :D! Do you supplement with folic or is that just from your diet?

I forgot to mention. My cholesterol before was about ~187; so yeah a big improvement getting it to 110
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing, I could feel your excitement in your posts, so much info:) glad I read it and will defiantly read it again! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Wow that is amazing, I could feel your excitement in your posts, so much info:) glad I read it and will defiantly read it again! Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks for the reply...and 2nd read.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    For those of you dieting...LOOK AWAY...LOOK AWAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO Organic Peanut Butter, Nutella, Brownie Sandwiches on Double Wheat Fiber bread. Whey protein on the side (not pictured).

Macros including the whey shake was 131c/32f/64p NICE way to start the day.

PBSammie.JPG
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Now for those carb'ing up...........................................

These are USDA Certified Organic POP TARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this is "Carbs Abundant," the other half of the shipment is coming. Believe it or not, USDA Certified Organic Pop Tarts. Ironic thing was I bought them not for the "Certified Organic," it was the cost/unit was cheaper than Kellogg's Pop Tarts. Other half coming tomorrow... Now what to do with the insulin rush I wonder. hmmm......

poptarts1.JPG

poptarts2.JPG

poptarts3.JPG

poptarts4.JPG
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    awww man those look good!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    just awesome
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    These pix are amazing! Wow! Awesome work! I will add you :smile:
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Sent a friend request if you want to add me.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Thanks everyone...and to clarify the "Awesome" is for me and not the USDA-Certified-Organic-Pop-Tarts-from-Nature's-Path-that-are-cheaper-on-a-per-unit-basis-than-Kellogg's-Pop-Tarts-Right? :wink:
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...and to clarify the "Awesome" is for me and not the USDA-Certified-Organic-Pop-Tarts-from-Nature's-Path-that-are-cheaper-on-a-per-unit-basis-than-Kellogg's-Pop-Tarts-Right? :wink:
    I am thinking so!! On a side note, I am suddenly really hungry for a poptart!! :p
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wow. One thing I'm curious about; you said you did low carb to lose weight at first. How long did you do it and how much did you lose? But then when you made the switch and I presume, increased your carbs, did you gain any weight back? What did you do to counter the additional carbs? Step up your workouts? Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success.
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look Awesome and have made a huge difference both inside and out! Im from San Jose too!!! Thanks for all the info btw, and the sugar free syrup and pop tarts and ice cream well for everything thanks!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I would really like to see some of your before pics, when you were at your heaviest....you have clearly done an amazing job!!!

Here you go...

Left photo 271 lbs.
    Middle photo 200 lbs.
    Right photo 175 lbs.

1zi0kNow9V69fQrZo95brSLZUP8K0475.jpeg

Amazing transformation!! And, congrats on being in the top 10, especially out of 215 people!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Stunning!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You look so much YOUNGER!!!! wtg!
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    I am thinking so!! On a side note, I am suddenly really hungry for a poptart!! :p

You and me both...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!