Lost 96lbs and made top 10 in physique contest...

Options

Replies

• timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    zipnguyen... amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzinnnng job!!!! love love the pics!!!!!!
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    zipnguyen... amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzinnnng job!!!! love love the pics!!!!!!

thank you...

I actually couldn't wait to get back to 185 so I can do the comparison. Now, I actually have ab definition at 200lbs the last time I was 200lbs. So when I get back to 200lbs if I can make it there. We can compare again...But that post comparing both 200lbs, will take awhile to post as I will be putting in work in the mean time.

So we will see.......
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I need that ice cream! LOL! Amazing how those little treats can boost your morale so much.

You're so right - the nutrition is the hardest part. I'm a cardio junkie, have been for years. Strength training... eh. Off and on at best. It really helped my running when I was serious about it. However, now I'm really pressed for time between 2+ hours a day commuting, work, school, and playing roller derby... but I am more focused on the nutrition aspect this time around. When I graduate and have more free time, I'll get back with the weights.

What is your normal cardio routine?
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Fantastic! I need that ice cream! LOL! Amazing how those little treats can boost your morale so much.

You're so right - the nutrition is the hardest part. I'm a cardio junkie, have been for years. Strength training... eh. Off and on at best. It really helped my running when I was serious about it. However, now I'm really pressed for time between 2+ hours a day commuting, work, school, and playing roller derby... but I am more focused on the nutrition aspect this time around. When I graduate and have more free time, I'll get back with the weights.

What is your normal cardio routine?

Cardio? What's cardio? J/k

During my contest I did cardio 5x per week for about 30mins. After the contest I am in mass gaining mode so my cardio has been minimized to 2x per week at no more than 30mins per session. I can get away with it though. Layne has prescribed things that work for me and not necessarily anyone else. I know some guys who don't do cardio, those are the lucky ones...

Prior to working with Layne I would kill myself with cardio. But forgot what it was like in high school and college, where the more muscle you carry the more you get to eat to maintain that mass and the faster your metabolism. This is an oversimplification but you get the idea.

so for me cardio and lifting was never the issue. It was the nutrition. And planning all the meals. If you don't plan meals you end up just picking up some McDonalds or KFC on the way home from work (everyday for some people). And it's costly to eat out everyday... I mean oatmeal when bought at Costco works out to be less than $0.05 per serving.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    yes the ice cream does help
  • therich1990
    therich1990 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    here i am zip
  • hls4me
    hls4me Posts: 7
    Options
    wow good for you !!! how long has it taken you ?
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    wow good for you !!! how long has it taken you ?

page 1 and again mentioned in shorter version on page 10 I think.
  • zipnguyen
    Options

Nice work...So where's the before-before. Just kidding I don't have a before-before photo either. Just the one in the water with my son. Best to forget that part of myself.
  • therich1990
    Options
    38380331707409497279531.jpg

ready to be baked..but i can't eat..

this kind of pizza..it's called in italia "Pizza al taglio" translated =sliced pizza
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    38380331707409497279531.jpg

ready to be baked..but i can't eat..

this kind of pizza..it's called in italia "Pizza al taglio" translated =sliced pizza

I will google, source and try to recreate to fit in my macros...
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    TheRich1990 - food photos first thing in the morning, oh that can't be good....
  • therich1990
    Options
    this pizza is not the ideal for fit macros :)
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    this pizza is not the ideal for fit macros :)

Oh I am sure it won't fit :-)
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    :bigsmile: MOTIVATION FOR EVERYONE THIS YEAR:bigsmile:

Sculpt, Build, Chisel, Meltaway your body as you see fit folks...:wink:

bbing.jpg
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Makes me wonder how he chisseled out his arms.
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Makes me wonder how he chisseled out his arms.

Never thought of it that way, hilarious...:laugh:
  • putinwork22
    putinwork22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    From left to right I'm 271>175>185

185abs.jpg

That's one amazing *kitten* transformation!!

Waiting for your Ralph...Coming soon as I understand it right :wink:
    Hell yea just wait and see!! but when the results come out dont get mad because everyone will be blowing up your page calling you Dr Nguyen I want what you did for Ralph :-)
  • zipnguyen
    Options
    Hell yea just wait and see!! but when the results come out dont get mad because everyone will be blowing up your page calling you Dr Nguyen I want what you did for Ralph :-)

it's not like I'm putting in the work for you in regards to nutrition and exercising.:wink:

:bigsmile: It's all you...:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!