Coworkers who bring in junk food (donuts, chocolate, candy,

Options
12346»

Replies

• sunnykt
    Options
    Dude, do what I do. Bring what you eat for everyone too- oat and fruit slices, carrots and hommus, etc. People will soon catch on, and if they ask questions you tell them all about your diet, they feel guilty, they go on diets too and you are all sweet.... at least that's what worked on my roommates.

Eat the donut every once in a while, so they don't think you are a freak, a donut will not kill you, try and say no about 4/5 times and stick with it (no "oh no" "maybe" "oh fine") if you're going to eat a donut be decisive about it.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yeah just say no. They'll get over it. You shouldn't let someone's attitude ruin your diet.
    I say no all the time. Now people just don't ask anymore! You can join in the "social" part of it by having a cup of coffee, or whatever.

Yes...they'll get over it! I always politely decline and no one hassles me. Very rarely, if there is something really good and homemade, I'll go for it and log it! But 99% of the time, it's not worth it to me.
  • tattooedjules
    Options
    I agree, especially as I run my own business and do marketing and when you go to visit clients they always think you want a whole pack of cookies or cakes etc.. but I think everyone here is right,... all in moderation but I have found that I say things like no, or I have gum, or I have just eaten before arriving but I might have one later and steering the conversation away however that plate being put in front of you doesn't help... temptations the worst part but I guess there was some useful advice here like the diet isn't out the window as thats how people give up etc... I think that maybe everything in moderation and also bring in oat cakes, or fruit basket etc.. just saying your staying healthy... lol whatever works for you.. but don't be down on yourself a little treat every now and then doesn't hurt anyone ... :) good luck xxx
  • chatdude
    Options
    bump

God. Blessed. Donuts.

Lol It's true. thanks for the bump
  • chatdude
    Options
    Dude, do what I do. Bring what you eat for everyone too- oat and fruit slices, carrots and hommus, etc. People will soon catch on, and if they ask questions you tell them all about your diet, they feel guilty, they go on diets too and you are all sweet.... at least that's what worked on my roommates.

Eat the donut every once in a while, so they don't think you are a freak, a donut will not kill you, try and say no about 4/5 times and stick with it (no "oh no" "maybe" "oh fine") if you're going to eat a donut be decisive about it.

That's the thing is I bring in the donuts because i misssed breakfast. No mom or girlfriend around to pack my lunch. ANd being lazy, I simply stop in at the donut store for a dozen before i get to work. Plus its a great excuse to be 10 min late for work because the boss loves donuts lol. Unfort if you eat too many youll end up looking like one ;p