13»

Replies

• LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for giving some ideas and support! :heart:
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    1. Tae Bo Ripped Extreme: This cardio strength workout is for women only. Billy is instructing a room of women. I like doing cardio strength workouts.

^^^^This^^^^ I have this dvd and I did ti for about 3 weeks about 3 times a week and I could absolutely see a difference! It is HARDCORE though and I got to where I hated doing it so I took a break from it!
    Totally works the core with a TON of cardio AND uses weights too! It will kick yor butt girl!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    It made me sad for you that people got snarky answering your questions. I always tell myself that if people are quick to get cranky, it's probably just that they need a snack (I get cranky when I'm hungry). Don't take it personally.

How do you know people are being snarky? My post was apparently taken that way, but it was not posted with that in mind. I can look back and see how it could be taken that way, but that was not the intent. That is the problem with written communication on message boards, we so often attribute emotions to something but without a tone of voice or body language we can often read it into things. I am just a prone to this as many others, so I try not to read it in unless something is outright attacking, but instead seek to always give the benefit of the doubt and read things in the best possible light.

Tae-bo is great. I did it for 6-8 months before switch to other things. Any of the programs is good, but they can be a challenge to follow along with at first. Do what you can at the speed you can even if it is a lot slower than the video, and you will find before you know it you can do the moves at the same pace Billy does.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    I have been thinking about the Tae Bo, I am worried how my knees would take it though - damn arthritis! :laugh:
  • babyblue1426
    Options
    I know!!! it's so frustrating!!! i'm with you, i'm increasing my cardio, supposedly helps to get rid of the fat, so we'll see!

good luck to us all hard workers!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Check with your library to see if they carry any of Billy Blanks Tae Bo workouts. If they have Billy's Boot Camp Mission Spot Training Upper Body, check that one out. It focus on your upper body. You don't do any kicks at all. If your knees hurt, you can sit down and still do the same upper body workout.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    Options
    Oh interesting! I will have to check it out!
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi. I understand your frustration :) My tummy is my worst area as well. No matter how thin or fat I am. Now I've just about lost my baby fat, and for the first time I feel as though I'm going to be able to get a flat stomach. I have just done 2 rounds of 30 Day Shred and am on Week 3 of Ripped in 30 now, and am slowly seeing a difference with each workout. It does take a long time though. These workouts have been an amazing help. I couldn't have come as far as I have without them, and would recommend them to anyone!

A friend of mine who has surpassed her goal and has one of the flattest tummies I've seen, focused on cardio for the months it took to lose the weight (doing step and body conditioning aerobic classes 6 x a week), and once she had lost the actual weight, she switched up her routine and does a lot more strength training and pilates now and only does cardio about 2 - 3 x a week.

I do 3 x cardio a week and 6 x Ripped in 30 (or similar). As I said, I am finally starting to see a difference in my tummy, but I have a long way to go still. Jillian's workouts are extremely focussed with a lot of plank work, so you should see good results with those. Just got to keep at em.

Good luck!

2955970.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods