My Tablespoon plan

13»

Replies

• kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    that's funny that you should post this. I have the exact same plan. great minds think alike.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    I have a similar plan - except I am going to employ a front end loader bucket to help me with portion control.

Heavy-Duty-Scan.jpg

Sheesh! Try to be sensible!! Like me.
    imager.php?id=2508822&t=o
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I'm doing ALMOST the same thing!!!

I'm bringing several tablespoons with me. Basically I'll get in line first before everyone else, and I'll take a tablespoon and spoon out exactly 1TBSP of each item. I'll eat the rest and leave the filled tablespoon behind.

Cause I'm really hungry and it's thanksgiving.
  • hatescows
    hatescows Posts: 69 Member
    lol@ babyworms! I told Mr. Wonderful we needed to head to Australia for the (long) weekend. He shot me down. OH well, I tried.

My plan- enjoy myself and exercise it off later. Might go for a walk/jog before we head in to eat too.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    I'm going to make my Thanksgiving host feel like they are the *kitten*!! I'm eating anything and everything. Then, I'll get a good 8 hours of sleep and go tear it up in the gym the next morning. Extra calories = extra power! Enjoy your teaspoons. One meal isn't going to hurt you.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member

I'm bringing several tablespoons with me. Basically I'll get in line first before everyone else, and I'll take a tablespoon and spoon out exactly 1TBSP of each item. I'll eat the rest and leave the filled tablespoon behind.

Excellent plan! :laugh:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    You know what? Thanksgiving is ONE day. I fear for people who are spazzing out and acting as if one day will make them gain back ALL the weight they've lost. There's nothing wrong with enjoying this day - without bringing your own tablespoon to dinner. I truly feel that you can enjoy holidays while eating healthy portions. Even if you go over your calories for the day, you won't gain all the weight back. You'd have to consume 3500 calories OVER your maintenance calories to even gain a pound. That's a whole lot of food (probably close to 5000 calories for most people).

Just calm down. This isn't a diet, this is your LIFE. Enjoy it! Don't stress and for heaven's sake, eat more than 1 tablespoon of things.

Oh and I don't have a "plan" for Thanksgiving - outside of enjoying the day... yet, I know I can make it through with no problems.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Going to eat and enjoy the food.
    Going to enjoy being with my friends and family AND be thankful that they are in my life and I'm in their's.
    Going to be conscious and aware of my trigger foods and not let things get out of my control. That's the plan.
  • As someone who has run the gambit of eating disorder, I can tell you that Thanksgiving can be really stressful. HOWEVER, I try to focus on the fact that my whole family will be together...not the fact that we'll be stuffing our faces. The food is the best part, but try to think of it as dinner at a family gathering...you don't have to go completely buck wild. Enjoy the day, enjoy your company, and definitely enjoy the food!
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    My plan is to eat as much as I want and enjoy the holiday with my family! Good luck with your spoon.

:heart:

absolutely!. I might even drink my calorie goal for the day :-)
  • I agree. Some people would find that rude. And family can be the most critical. So make it an easy day for you and use portion control. Good luck.