Is anyone else NOT freaking out abt Tday?

Options

Replies

• Hornet4Life
    Options
    No way. I have decided I'm going to do the same and just enjoy myself. I know I will not do it again and so why not go ahead and enjoy the day. Good for you and thanks for reminding me that one day of this is ok :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Nope... it's Thanksgiving for crying out loud!

Eat, enjoy, and be thankful that you made it another year.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I'm not going to let worrying about what I'm eating keep me from enjoying some delicious food and time with my family!
  • Jeanetta10
    Jeanetta10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not only NOT worried, I look forward to the gluttony.

I might lose friends but this is my fave holiday of the year.

you got a friend in me. i love this!!! i say hells yeah!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Besides being done with it 6 weeks ago, I kind of wish it were... thanksgiving is going to happen every year for the rest of my life so I'm going to find ways to celebrate it responsibly / indulge but allow for it.
  • Jeanetta10
    Jeanetta10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Double hell yeah!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    Yes. Not freaking out. If I can survive 5 days in Hawaii with a bunch of girlfriends, a turkey dinner is not going to freak me out. I'm going to eat what I want and enjoy. But I am also going to eat sensibly and have plenty of wine.
  • mylife33
    Options
    Funny to see this post because I was just thinking about Thanksgiving. I just spent some time looking up calorie counts for things I know will be being served so that I will go in knowing the cost!

I agree with Tami.............. I have come very far and feel very confident in my progress since joining up here with MFP and getting the support of all my new friends here.........that I know I can do it healthy this time. The past few months on this site have showed me hands down that we can treat ourselves once in awhile as long as we log it and know the cost and know how to adjust our day. I have already warned my mom that I will be taking the dog for a good long walk!

I, and all of us here deserve this healthy new lifestyle we have chosen! I will not be defeated by food ever again!

That being said........Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I am thankful for each and every one of you! :flowerforyou:

~Sally~
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Why is logging considered "stress"? It's just writing down honestly what you ate. That's it. The numbers that come up are just that - numbers. It's a tool to help you reach your goal of losing weight. If you don't want to use the tool, don't. But I don't "stress" about logging. I just log what I eat. It's as simple as that. Sometimes I go over. Sometimes I go under. But unconcious eating is what got me in this mess to begin with.

I'm not worried about T day at all. I'll be walking and running and doing Just Dance 3, just like I normally would. I'll be logging, just like I normally would. I'll enjoy a meal with my family, focusing more on the people than the inanimate stuff on my plate that doesn't care about me. My family gave up on gorging and feasting a long time ago, so I don't worry about over indulging. What we have is delicious and life goes on.

There are no vacations from a healthy lifestyle. Developing a healthy lifestyle is all about making decisions that work for you: What tools to use/not use to attain (and maintain) your goals
    When to eat and when not to
    What to eat and what not to

For me choosing to log and deciding not to gainn weight over the holiday are part of my choices - but I don't "stress" about it. I'm at peace and happy to be moving a positive direction. This Thanksgiving, and every one after, I'm choosing to be thankful for good health and a clear mind.

No stress - just looking forward to a glass of wine, spending time with the people who have seen me through thick and thin - and, oh yeah, there will be good food too. :)
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Not freaking. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Even if I gain a pound or two, it's no big deal. Friday is game back on until Christmas!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm going to log as best I can, but I am a little freaked about the likelihood of no exercise that day. On the other hand, I could always stay up past midnight as usual tomorrow, then work out and count it as Thursday. At least that way I won't feel like I did absolutely nothing at all to counteract the pigging out that is sure to ensue!
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    eh, I never ate much at Thanksgiving anyway! People always pigged out but I hate the food coma that it brings. So I'm not eating a lot to avoid the coma, not the calories lol
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Nope. Evil foods have NEVER been part of my tday celebration. I also cant do numerous desserts because of an severe egg allergy, so i have to make vegan options. My turkey is free range and organic as well as local so I have no worries
  • rmikelman
    Options
    I'm starting my day with a Turkey Trot to make sure I get my cardio in. Turkey is good. Then just make some choices. It doesn't need to be complete gluttony!
  • DesertSunsetRain
    Options
    I am not that worried about it, what I am most worried about is left overs. My friend wants to do lots of cooking because she loves to cook and it's her first Thanksgiving on her own (away from family). Her and her boyfriend live together and there's about 3 of us going over there. She's planning on going ALL OUT in cooking. I really hope I can wrangle in some more people to go. 5 people is just not enough to eat that much, and I don't want to be stuck with taking home pie and food haha.

Definitely cool with eating that day. I can enjoy the day and stay sensible, even if I go over calories. It's the days following that can get you into trouble. I am baking a pie and I better not be bringing any home. :P
  • bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am not going to be worried. I am Canadian and Thanksgiving for us was in October, before Halloween. Also, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The last time I had a traditional "turkey dinner" was when I was a kid.

The only food that I really like that much in the traditional line up is the mashed potatoes and gravy, and the stuffing. :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    <<<<<not freaked out. Excited.
  • AliasSha
    AliasSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not freaked out, it is one of three days of the year where my family gets together, I will try and be reasonoable and enjoy, but I will try and work off any extra calories over the next week.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm not at all! I'm not going to log Thursday or Friday, but I'm not going to go hog wild. Through my experiences I've gained a better relationship with food and no longer need to stuff myself to the brim like I'm used to doing.
  • Nyrissa
    Options
    I had my Thanksgiving on Sunday. I logged anyway, and I tried to not overeat. I did go over for the day, but I tried to stay within a certain amount over so it wouldn't ruin me too much. :)