Is anyone else NOT freaking out abt Tday?

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried, basically because I don't have anywhere to go and eat on Thanksgiving.
  • DMJS
    DMJS Posts: 46
    Options
    I think I will log before I eat to see just what I will be up against. I will only put a SMALL amount of each thing on my plate. That should satisfy my taste buds :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I am not going to be worried. I am Canadian and Thanksgiving for us was in October, before Halloween. Also, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving. The last time I had a traditional "turkey dinner" was when I was a kid.

The only food that I really like that much in the traditional line up is the mashed potatoes and gravy, and the stuffing. :)
    Ditto to all of this :bigsmile: Also, one day won't make one hell of a difference. Just enjoy it if you like T-Giving food and get back to "normal" on Friday! :wink:
  • JDawg2
    Options
    I will eat and enjoy every moment. I will keep track in my diary though - more out of curiosity. Fortunately we have dogs who need to be walked so providing the NE weather co-operates I'll be walking them during the day.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    The only thing that bothers me is that my appetite has shrunk so much that I won't be able to eat as much as I want!

Haha this is sooo true!

I usually allow a cheat day once a week... I usually still cook healthy but might enjoy a second piece of dessert or have a larger portion of a favorite meal. I enjoy food too much to not enjoy it. Personally I have found cooking healthy usually includes adding more seasoning and flavor to foods... Not fat! So I'm making alot of my recipes from Cooking Light for the holidays cause, well quite frankly, they taste better!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I just got the link to download SWTOR for the weekend beta, I'm no longer worried at all about getting in some exercise on turkey day. It's the weekend following that's going to be rough! I'm going to have to pry myself out of my chair several times a day regardless of how badly I want to play this game!
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    I'll be visiting this site, checking the boards and seeing how my friends are doing but I will NOT be logging that day ;) It's one day. No reason to freak out unless you eat the whole table (and by table...I mean food and table)
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to enjoy family along with all the family traditions of Thanksgiving.....I'm just going to be careful and go on with life Friday!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'll be visiting this site, checking the boards and seeing how my friends are doing but I will NOT be logging that day ;) It's one day. No reason to freak out unless you eat the whole table (and by table...I mean food and table)

Although there is an argument for healthy fiber in there somewhere...

Oh wait, splinters probably don't count as fiber!
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    I'm not logging AT ALL that day. It's one day--it won't kill me!
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    yes............. very concerned
  • MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I personally, since starting, have been counting my calories religiously :) however, even thought im counting im not worried, i will enjoy the holiday and eat what i want with a little portion control, which wont be hard because my appetite has shrunk this this journey began. but i want to count so i can at least try to catch up that weekend. but thats just me, i wish i could not log lol but my my mind is stubborn.
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not freaking out but I do plan on logging all my calories on Thanksgiving. I know personally that there is always a special occasion that I kind find an excuse to pig out. Holidays, birthdays, football games etc. I plan on enjoying my Thanksgiving dinner but there is not much sense in me eating 2 or 3 plates of food, 2 or 3 desserts and feeling miserable the rest of the day. I plan on a light breakfast, a light supper, and plenty of exercise in the morning.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried one bit....of course I made certain to get the smallest turkey I could find!
    (it's all the left-overs that get me0

only pumpkin pie...not my fav

and I may actually burn the OH *kitten* ROLLS on purpose for once, just to make certain I don't eat them!
  • ArkansasGirl20
    Options
    Yeah, MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I find people freaking out over Thanksgiving amusing. It's just another day. You exercise, if you choose to, eat, log, etc. What's the big deal?
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm not even the tiniest bit worried about it! I'm going to the gym in the morning to swim laps and take a yoga class, then cooking all day and eating whatever I want at dinner. Also planning to do a good bit of drinking!

And I'm not logging a bite.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    No! You aren't alone. I'm not the least bit worried about it. This is my second Thanksgiving at or below my goal weight. I maintained all through the holidays last year and I KNOW I can do it again.

I plan to enjoy the day! No logging. No worrying. Nothing.

I may or may not go to the gym later that evening.
  • cowgirlchev83
    cowgirlchev83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am not worried about it at all. I always eat the same thing every year lol no matter who's house I am at lol. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, mac n cheese and a piece of dessert lol. I am going to get up and do my 2 miles on the treadmill.
    This will be my last Thanksgiving in Florida for a while and I am spending it with my best friend of 15yrs and her family. I will eat what I want. Go to the barn take care of the horses and come home and maybe do a few more miles or my workout DVD or I may just crawl in bed and go to sleep early lol.
    But I will go to sleep happy and thankful to have spent time with those I love and ate good food and know that if I am over or under tomorrow is the start of another day. ;)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    If you are in control of yourself, there is no reason to freak out no matter what day it is. The day on the calendar does not control my eating. Healthy is a lifestyle, not something that should be done according to the day on the calendar.
    I hope you enjoy your day and eat healthy.