Fads that you hope die before your kids are old enough to pa

Options

Replies

• lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I like piercings.

I think uggs and sweatpants need to GO. like...last year.

"but they're expensive shoes and sweatpants!"
    woman I dont care you look like *kitten*

Love it!! I hate UGGS! blehk.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Everything Emo. Nuff said.

This. Definitely. I don't care if they get piercings or tattoos, as long as they don't go waaaay overboard.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    This is all for boys.
    Pants on the ground
    Skinny jeans (unless if you're a cowboy)
    HCG diet

That's all I can think of at the moment.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I don't really care. I like that people are free to explore their own ways of expression.

I agree with expressing yourself, but following someone elses trend is not doing that, it is expressing that person's style, not your own.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    300047_266077016766577_168968753144071_848112_1269167948_n.jpg

so you guys dont like my friend here?
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans on cowboys PLEASE NEVER GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heart:
    This is all for boys.
    Pants on the ground
    HCG diet

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    The sagging skinny jeans on dudes.

oh my gosh I HATE that, it makes no sense!!! lol

OP I agree about above the neck tattoos. The ones behind ears can be covered okay, but I saw a young lady the other day with rainbow stars all over her neck. I'm not sure I see how it would even have meaning to her!
    As for piercings they can be taken out, but if someone is trying to show up to a job with piercings in their face that's just silly. =]
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options

I think he is adorable personally =]]
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The sagging skinny jeans on dudes.

Amen!! Hate, hate, hate this one!!
  • Jovialation
    Options

I honestly havent talked to him in years but whenever someone mentions "offensive tattoos" I always think of him and giggle.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    NO MORE KISSY FACES! LOL
    Other than that, he's adorbs.

• Jovialation
    Options
    Im sure his kissy face is to be obnoxious
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I have a tattoo behind my ear, its tasteful... and I used to have my ears gauged.. they have shrunk back though. I don't want a skanky daughter or a son who wears tighter pants than me. I also hope my children understand the value of real relationships rather than just electronic friends... I love mfp'rs but facebook wall postings and tweets are not real socialization. They don't hug and you can be very electronically social and still extremely socially awkward in real life.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Earlobe gauging! Gross!

This is what I was referring to. Maybe I didn't pronounce it right. :tongue:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I do not do it for attention, never have. It is part of who I am. I have my ears stretched (going to at least a 2g possibly larger), my septum is pierced and I have a vertical labret peircing. Non of these have hindered me being hired for any job I have ever had. Majority of piercings can be removed/hidden if need be, all of my tattoos are coverable, and tasteful so if they are seen it is not a huge deal, none of them are on my neck/face or hands and they never will be.

I also think there is a level of professionalism. When I was interviewing for jobs , I always removed/hid my additions until I found out the company policy on tattoos, piercing and the way one should dress.

Yes, some do it for attention and do not put thought into the future (especially young people) but if the person has put serious thought into what happens when they are older than.. meh.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Sagging pants.
    Tanning (it's so bad for you >.<)
  • fitnatic67
    Options
    My piercings and tattoos have never hindered me from getting a job.

Maybe so but there are lot's of careers where exposed tattoos and piercings are frowned upon. IJS
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Me neither. I work in a very public and professional office as well. In fact, I noticed this summer while away at a conference, the VP of Sales for one of our vendors had a tat up her leg and was wearing it proud with her pencil skirt.

My boyfriend has 7 piercings, including huge, gauged ears and it really pisses me off that people judge him by that. He treats me better and has more going for him in life than any person I've ever dated. It's sad taht people assume he is a **** or deadbeat because of how he looks when he couldn't be father from that!

Being open-minded rocks!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans on cowboys PLEASE NEVER GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heart:
    This is all for boys.
    Pants on the ground
    HCG diet

And WHY did stonewashed jeans come back?! GO AWAY!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options

me neither...and I work as a receptionist in a neurosurgery dept.....I have 5 tattoos, 3 visible always 1 sometimes depending upon shoes..., a nose piercing...and funky red hair... also had it streaked purple ( at the urging of my coworkers no less!) since I've been here...... Variety and creativity is the spice of life!! Things CAN be done tastefully...... The surgeons, who are all highly respected..... have never had one issue.

I don't think I would ever WANT a job that was too stuffy and narrowminded to allow creative personalities anyway!!!!!!