Fads that you hope die before your kids are old enough to pa

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    worse than Uggs and sweatpants, Uggs and short shorts... blegh!
    I know it won't happen, but I hope short shorts just kinda disappear...
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    300047_266077016766577_168968753144071_848112_1269167948_n.jpg

so you guys dont like my friend here?

Hey he looks like a friend of mine! lol
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sagging pants.
    Tanning (it's so bad for you >.<)

Tanning. I hate that stuff.. Could be because I'm dark skinned.

I love tattoos and piercings. When were those fads?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    NO MORE KISSY FACES! LOL
    Other than that, he's adorbs.

I think he is adorable personally =]]

Agreed. Kissy face sucks but I would do him. :wink:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    1. Jeggings. You're not fooling anyone.

2. Skinny Jeans => negative sperm count ==> hopefully means these people won't breed.

3. People that wear their pants so low that we see all their boxers. Why do they even wear belts?

4. #2 and #3 at the same time = please kill yourself.
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo behind my ear, its tasteful... and I used to have my ears gauged.. they have shrunk back though. I don't want a skanky daughter or a son who wears tighter pants than me. I also hope my children understand the value of real relationships rather than just electronic friends... I love mfp'rs but facebook wall postings and tweets are not real socialization. They don't hug and you can be very electronically social and still extremely socially awkward in real life.

I agree! Not to make it sound weird, but a person's touch does 100x more what a 100 'Like's' can.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Earlobe gauging! Gross!

This is what I was referring to. Maybe I didn't pronounce it right. :tongue:

Never Hindered me to get a job.
    As long as they arent huge!
    But what draws the line between some 40 something with 3 ear piercings[because that was the fad for their generation]
    to a 20 something with gauges.

All depends on the employer.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure last time I saw him we drunkenly made out, hahaha.

Also pretty sure he loves jesus now. which is weird.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Well aware. My fiance has two tattoos on my forearms and many police agencies will not hire him because of that.
    Even though he can cover them up. Had I went into another career, I may have not been hired... but I knew I didn't want to work in an industry like that.
    My piercings and tattoos have never hindered me from getting a job.

Maybe so but there are lot's of careers where exposed tattoos and piercings are frowned upon. IJS
  • lexximan
    Options
    NO MORE KISSY FACES! LOL
    Other than that, he's adorbs.

I think he is adorable personally =]]

Beards, tattoos, gauges and glasses. Hell yeah hipsters are sexy! hahaha
  • lexximan
    Options

Damn thats a bummer... haha
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Infant clothes on teenagers. If you want to wear a skirt that shows off your almost naked behind, go to the beach. I'm not a prude but seriously, cover up. There's no reason to go to school looking like a stripper...unless you're going to stripper school.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. I work in the MC industry so tattos and piercings are the norm here. I am also in HR and I appreciate it when potential employees clean up for the interview, down play the tattoos and piercings till they know what our policy is. It shows they are considerate. Only problem I ever had with tattoos was when a young girl got a big swastica on her forearm between hiring and orientation. We requested she cover it at work and provided her the band to do so. She kept taking it off and staff complained so out the door she went (fired for cause by the way). WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?

I also live in cowboy country - yay cowboy jeans.

Saggy and baggy jeans on guys can go the way of the trash barrel. My grandsons make me nuts watching them pull up their pants all the time.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything hipster. There is nothing attractive, funny, or ironic about it. The irony that the hipster culture uses is so pathetic and trite. Everything about this stupid fad is awful. Pitchfork.com, liking bands that purposely sound like crap, and a band consisting of 5 synth players. Please, please, please, go away.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Turn your hat around and pull up your damn pants.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Men who wear skinny jeans.

& I have never not got a job because of my tattoos or piercings either. In fact they helped me get one job as my employer said it gave me 'personality'. Just depends on company policy and/or who you work for.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Sagging pants! Enough already!!! When is that stupid fad going to finally die? Even though my kids are all grown up, I'd love to see this fad die before I do. My son is 25 now but when he was in early grade school, he made the mistake of coming home one day and bragging to me that he was sagging at school. I jumped all over him about it and the next day went to the school and told his teacher and principal that if they ever see him sagging to make him pull his pants up because I don't allow that! To this day he doesn't wear his pants saggy and now he even thinks it ridiculous.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

Damn thats a bummer... haha
    yea. Im not big on the beard or hipster glasses either.

he was more fun when he was a DJ
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    All this new tech. with the cell phones, vehicles, etc. The other day I saw a ford comercial of a vehicle that parks itself...Really?:indifferent:

Everything is soo virtual now, Facebook, etc and TV has taken a turn for the worst.

...Ah, I missed the more simpilar times like from 1990-2008
  • bigwildonion
    bigwildonion Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it could be called a fad, but it seems like I see lots of kids eating Flamin' Hot Cheetos and drinking those colorful high fructose corn syrup things.

I hope that by the time the next generation is coming up that it is easier for them to find something healthy and delicious to eat!