• NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I love sexy nerds, girls and boys both ;D

Dangit and I had LASIK done back in 2007. :grumble:
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I find it damn hot but that's me personally :)
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The glasses are sexy, the stupid ball above her lip is not
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Glasses on girls are sexy
  • slay0r
    Options
    I basically need to include glasses as a nono for a future secetary so I wouldn't be tempted haha.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I used to be the hot nerd girl with glasses before I gained all this weight....now I'm just the nerd girl with glasses. :grumble: Here's hoping I can get back to hot nerd girl :laugh:
  • slay0r
    Options
    The glasses are sexy, the stupid ball above her lip is not

Kinda agree there, doesn't seem to suit the pic.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I basically need to include glasses as a nono for a future secetary so I wouldn't be tempted haha.

OMG LOL :laugh:

My husband is the same way. He looooves the smart nerdy sophisticated hot look.
  • GroovyGma73
    Options
    I'm a bit like Fearless Fly " I'm helpless without my Glasses"

2012-01-22222717.jpg
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hai guys; I wish I could find one of my pictures from college where I was thirty pounds overweight, had awful hair, a gut, a double chin, and glasses. 'Cuz I was hawt then because of my glasses, right guys? Right?
    Ohhh, sorry. You only mean that women who would be considered conventionally attractive ANYWAY are also attractive when they wear glasses. Sorry. My bad. I'll go back under my bridge now. :explode:
    All hail narrow societal standards of attractiveness in new, improved, faux-inclusive packages!
    I was kinda thinking the same...
    "Well, I'm sure she would look hot without glasses too!" (and glasses = nerd is BS, or are we back at the red khmers era :laugh: )

"The Khmer Rouge government arrested, tortured and eventually executed anyone suspected of belonging to several categories of supposed "enemies":
    - Professionals and intellectuals – in practice this included almost everyone with an education, or even people wearing glasses (which, according to the regime, meant that they were literate)."
    (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Rouge)

Thank you! You're my new favorite! :happy: Let's not forget China's cultural revolution either.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Me - back when I only had one chin. :P

65913_1688522332281_1214390748_31934371_4768982_n.jpg

Me now - several chins later. ;)

156055_1765632699992_1214390748_32076011_6044889_n.jpg

Trying to get back to the me with one chin. :) My husband also likes the hot nerd with glasses look. Mixed with a little goth. ;)
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Ha! Sounds like trouble!

Speccy nerd since before it was hip and will be still way after this is uncool again. Represent!
  • kalepowered
    kalepowered Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nerd by any means (though I definitely qualify for geek), but let's just enjoy another bespectacled lady with poor eyesight anyway without arguing about it! :D

189325_1583207341604_1278330037_31292700_3194148_n.jpg255681_1743642792390_1278330037_31501989_8329468_n.jpg
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'd love for the self-professed nerds in the thread to answer the following questions.
    1. What's a d20 and what do you use it for?
    2. Is Zelda a boy or a girl?
    3. Who's Nobou Uematsu?
    4. What happens if you lose all of your SAN in Call of Cthulu?
    5. Complete the phrase: "All your base...."
    6. What's a Missing# and why is it useful?
    7. What does it mean if someone in your party is a tank?
    8. Why would anybody in their right mind EVER want to play a paladin?
    9. What's the difference between lawful good and neutral good?
    10. What's the significance of the phrase, "So long and thanks for all the fish?"
    11. What is NERV?
    12. Name the movie based on the following quote: "TETSUOOOOOOOO!"
    12.5 Final question: You're out and about when you're approached by a fairly attractive human. Do you:
    a) Smile and fix your hair
    b) Stare at the ground, hunch your shoulders, and fight the urge to assume the fetal position while thinking, "Please don't make fun of me me please don't make fun of me please....."
    I realize that the above questions apply to a specific niche of nerd-dom, and I couldn't really care less whether anyone takes the time to answer them. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that a pretty girl in glasses does not a nerd make. I've been a nerd in glasses for most of my life, and it's earned me nothing but scorn and ridicule from men and women alike, but mainly from men. Stop being hypocrites and just tell the truth: you like hot chicks in glasses. Sheesh.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'd love for the self-professed nerds in the thread to answer the following questions.
    3. Who's Nobou Uematsu?
    10. What's the significance of the phrase, "So long and thanks for all the fish?"
    11. What is NERV?
    12.5 Final question: You're out and about when you're approached by a fairly attractive human. Do you:
    a) Smile and fix your hair
    b) Stare at the ground, hunch your shoulders, and fight the urge to assume the fetal position while thinking, "Please don't make fun of me me please don't make fun of me please....."
    I realize that the above questions apply to a specific niche of nerd-dom, and I couldn't really care less whether anyone takes the time to answer them. I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that a pretty girl in glasses does not a nerd make. I've been a nerd in glasses for most of my life, and it's earned me nothing but scorn and ridicule from men and women alike, but mainly from men. Stop being hypocrites and just tell the truth: you like hot chicks in glasses. Sheesh.

1. A 20 sided die used in D&D
    2. Zelda is a girl
    3. The video game music composer, most known for the Final Fantasy franchise.
    5. are belong to us
    8. Paladins are cool. But I usually play a Ranger.
    9. Lawful good is a character that follows the letter of the law. Neutral good is a person who's goal is to do good, but doesn't necessarily follow the law, but isn't an anarchist, either.
    10. It's from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    11. Natural Endogeneous Respiration Vessel
    12. Akira?
    13. b.

Sorry if the few questions I didn't know don't make me nerdy enough for you.
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    3. Who's Nobou Uematsu?
    11. What is NERV?

I'll have a go
    1)20 sided die from d&d
    2)female
    3)he composes awesome music in ff
    4)
    5)All your base are belong to us
    6)
    7)kinda has different meaning but he/she absorbs most of the damage
    8)um cause you can heal and tank
    9)lawful good is like following all the laws (kinghts,paladins etc) and neutral good is like they follow the law but they dont care if they break it
    10)its from hitch hikers guide to the galaxy (i think it's the name of the fourth book too)
    11)military that fights the angels.
    12)it's from akira the guy with the phychic powers.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I was tempting to buy one.... now, I'm going to buy it for sure. :P
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    @Brindlechewy, gamer nerd - right on sister! :) I'm more a sci-fi/academic nerd meself. LLAP.
  • itsgotime69
    Options
    i think glasses give a sophisticated look while indulging in the sexy side a bit. glasses are always plus, but you got to pull it off.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    *bump*!

i actually have a somewhat short forehead but this makes me look like i have a fivehead!!!! time for some bangs action!

417102_10100382965969936_1503006_49061669_689542064_n.jpg