Thanksgiving calorie totals

Options
1235»

Replies

• lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1816!! Canolis and Cookies KILLED me. I planned on having one of each and instead had three of each. :(

Find some self discipline.

Ever eat with a Greek man? lol You say no, they smile and put it on your plate anyway! Thats when I lose control!! No excuse but man do I love me some canolis lol
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Finished with an evening snack to push my total up toi just under 2300 calories which is my break even point so nothing lost or gained which I am happy with. Even though I didn't go crazy with carbs or bread I still felt like crap and woke up with a sour stomache in the morning...so was really easy to go back to my normal eating habits to start healing the gut back up :)
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For the first time in my adult life, I never once stressed over what I ate on Thanksgiving. I ate what I wanted, but still wrote everything down (went over, but then I expected to). I know this is not a normal eating day and that I'll be back to where I want to be in a week.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    I was at about 4200... I didn't do too terrible food-wise, but the wine (and lots of it!) really added up. Paying for it on the scale though!
  • miam4nia
    miam4nia Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i don't even know/want to know how many calories i ate....i ate so much food all day and weighed myself after dinner...i was literally 5 pounds more than i was in the morning!
    i hope it's all water weight and that i'm just bloated since i haven't eaten carbs for two months and then had a serious overload....
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    i don't even know/want to know how many calories i ate....i ate so much food all day and weighed myself after dinner...i was literally 5 pounds more than i was in the morning!
    i hope it's all water weight and that i'm just bloated since i haven't eaten carbs for two months and then had a serious overload....

Every gram carb you eat will add 3 grams of water. Given other than the turkey most of Thanksgiving is carb (sugar) intensive even on a modest thanskgiving you probably have 1.6 lbs of water weight but also have to account for the weight of the food and wine in your system. After that has a chance to pass you shouldn't have done too much damage.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Just under 2400 calories. It was awesome.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I had SO much food Thanksgiving day I tracked the ONE plate I was supposed to eat but I just couldnt stop. The veggie dishes called my name SO bad. Green bean casserole and Broccoli/cauli casserole is my fave. I just couldnt stop eating them. I managed to forgo too many sweets, turkey, bread etc... but the veggies got me. I think I was missing some nutrients because I work at mcds and I dont eat if I know Im working that day. And I work there almost everyday, so you know Im in a nutritionly barren wasteland. :/ Either way, no regrets. I NEVER eat like that any other time of the year. Not even Christmas. Sooo its all good. I feel good snarfing mostly on the veggies.
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1900 (and i try to stay at 1200) had roasted oysters and steamed shrimp as apps. and bought a veggie tray to munch on throughout the day instead of the usual cheese and crackers......should have made the Sweet Potatoes myself ( w/ spray butter and lite maple syrup, cinnamon and a few marshmellows on top baked) instead of the Publix Sweet Pot.Souffle (all sugar, i'm sure) ...we ate at 3 so just had a protein shake for dinner later....
    i over indulged on the red wine but it was so worth it. (dinner was with the in-laws after all.) i was happy, happy, happy. LOL!!! (i walked in the am) and Friday, another long walk and drank alot of water and back on Plan. well, that's a lie, i had leftovers, but just a bite of everything again and more turkey this time. (after i saw the calorie totals, rethought my leftover meal)
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i'll have to make the cauliflower mashed potatoes...can you share the recipe?

thks