Who is still hungry after all their calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    HereLieWe wrote: »
    I find that I'm more hungry on days I don't exercise. Oddly enough, after working out, my appetite tends to wither some.
    It's a hormone thing.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I had to change to a less aggressive rate of weight loss. Now, I lose slower but I don't get hungry.
  • justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is TMI but about 2 weeks out of the month I am not very hungry at all. The other 2 weeks I honestly don't think I have a limit to how much I could eat. Its a hormonal thing but a bit disturbing. I just have to tell myself that even though I feel hungry, I don't need more food. Usually I am burning 800-1000 calories a day exercising and I can tap into those if I need to.

On the very rare occasion that I eat all of my exercise calories, too, as long as I don't eat enough to gain weight I let myself have permission to eat a little more. I do try really hard to make those into balanced meals- some fat, some protein, some carbs.

Otherwise, drink lots of water. Like lots. And lots more.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly hungry. I just drink all the water I can and go to sleep to ignore it. I figure it's par for the course although I thought after a year straight of doing this I'd be used to it!
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    When I feel hungry I play Tetris or some similar puzzle game. It may seem stupid (and I'm afraid it is) but it hepls me to think of something else.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Depends. If it's genuine, no-kidding, my stomach is starting to hurt hunger, I'll EAT.

If it's that a snack seems good (which is much more often the case), I'll have a cup of berry-flavored tea and just put it out of my mind.

If I salad or an apple doesn't seem like the most delicious thing in the world to me, it's probably not a need-calories hunger, but something else.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I find that any number of things can help, depending on my mood: exercise, water, zero calorie carbonated drinks, chewing gum, and doing something fun and interesting instead of eating.

Most of the time I find myself "hungry" right after a meal or before bed, and doing any of the things I listed usually keeps me satisfied until the next meal or next day. However, if you're starving, eat! Salad made simply (one tablespoon low cal dressing, maybe a tablespoon of croutons), is low in calories but filling. Chop up an apple and sprinkle some cinnamon on it.

Hope I helped!
  • yuxiii
    yuxiii Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Drink water with a few slices of lemon in it or snack on some carrots/celery or airpopped popcorn! It makes you feel like you're eating when you're hardly consuming any calories.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    sally125 wrote: »
    I find that I am quite often still hungry after all my calories. What do you do when you have eaten all your calories and still feel hungry?

I just eat a bit more. I try not to go over by much. There are some days when I am slightly under my calorie range so I think it works itself out.
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Seems that playing Tetris is not so dumb after all ;)
    nbcnews.com/tech/innovation/how-tetris-could-help-you-stick-your-diet-n33041