Can anyone help me please?! Sabotaged by my bf!

Options

Replies

• mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    how about online shopping? you can make the list and order it and then it is delivered to you?
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    Have you tried making a shopping list for him, or will he then not buy you what's on the list? :smile:
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh woops, I posted my reply twice last time - I don't know why but I didn't see it had posted and I couldn't see any of your replies!

I'll try that list thing too - I want to start dragging myself out with him, even if my condition is preventing me though, but I can't see it happening any time soon, unfortunately.

I agree not eating all day in unhealthy - I love the idea of breakfast - I haven't had breakfast in years!

I can't wait for him to get back now, it's going to be like you're all here telling him with me, part of what each of you have said will be put into what I say to him! :flowerforyou: Thank you so much! <3
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend was the same until we had this conversation:

Me: "do you have a thing for chubby women?"

Him: "Um no, why?"

Me: "oh well i thought you did as you keep trying to get me to eat crap all the time!"

or something along those lines :)
  • Lollops
    Options
    Hahahaha I'll slip this into the conversation! :laugh: <3
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    If he is not supporting you when you sound like you really need help get rid of him. Find someone who will support you.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I assure you - you have other choices.

Advice:
    Don't make your success contingent on another human being. Ever.

^ Really great post here.
  • Lollops
    Options
    He's perfect in every other area, so it's not threatening our relationship at all.

And I know! I don't want to rely on anyone but myself, I used to be so independent, but if you've read what I wrote it's difficult not to rely on him at the moment. If I can ever overcome my condition, it won't be an issue - but in my current state I have no choice. Let's just hope I can persuade him this time, with the help from all of you!

He gets back in about 1 hour! :glasses: <3
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If he isn't going to be supportive then I'm not sure what to suggest... I think you need to have a serious chat with him and tell him the score

This!

He's either on your side and your team, or he's outta there!

Show him this thread :)
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If he is not supporting you when you sound like you really need help get rid of him. Find someone who will support you.

+1
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Withhold sex!
    That motivates me to listen to my wife!
    =D
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    from what I can see of the pictures, it seems he is probably pretty worried about you and if you lost 40 pounds, there wouldn't be much left, except skin and bones. There is no need for you to be forced to eat junkfood all of the time, but saying you just won't eat at all, or even thinking that you NEED to lose another 40 pounds almost seems like the old ways might be sneaking back. Just be careful and remember to eat.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Go Buy Your Own Food - You can do it. Your boyfriend doesn't have to be the only one supplying food.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I just said, I can't go shopping on my own at the moment. I really wish I could! :sad: :brokenheart: <3

There are services that will do your shopping for you if you tell them what to get.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    If you genuinely can't leave the house to go shopping- all the major supermarkets do online delivery, why can't you use that?

Also you could give him a list of things you want him to buy when he does the shopping- tell him you at more at risk from starving yourself if you don't want to eat the food he buys, and you will eat properly as long as you get to choose what you have.

Having one takeaway a week won't affect your weightloss but more than that will.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You could buy your own food, I'm sure there is a compromise you guys can come up with!
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    If you can't go out, maybe you could try doing grocery shopping on line.
  • Lollops
    Options
    I didn't know online grocery shopping was available! Does it cost much for delivery though? Because I'm pretty poor!

But wow! A whole new option just opened up for me, thank you!

Hopefully I won't have to resort to that though, combining all of your replies in my talk with him should persuade him, I hope!

I think he's due back any minute now! <3
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You are not as dependent on him as you think. What will you do if he leaves you? Starve to death because you have no other way to get food?
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend orders entire pizzas and only buys cookies and pastries for himself. I keep my own food around, and when he has his pizza, I make a salad or a can of soup. You can still eat together! :)