First Loves

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    No. No feelings. I still see her around once in awhile. Her kid is good friends with my nephew. Come to think of it he looks a lot like m...
    Hey, wait a minute!

I keed. I keed.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Meh...I'm indifferent about him. When I was with my "first love," I was still learning a lot about myself and still settling for guys that gave me any sort of attention. He's a pretty good guy and we're Facebook friends, but breaking up with him was the best thing that ever happened to me. My current guy is a significant upgrade!
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I can certainly remember the person, but the feelings are actually all gone now.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. Your first love (or loves) will always be in the back of your mind. Doesn't matter how old you are or what you've experienced, love is love, and there are many versions/levels of it.

My high school boyfriends, even tho I felt I loved them at the time, do not hold a special place. Aside from my current boyfriend (who is the love of my life & I would not trade him for any man!), I do have one old boyfriend who I will never forget. He was an exchange student, we talked for hours every night, we were kindered spirits, we just "got" eachother. I cried for hours when he left, we still talk to this day, & I miss him every time I think about him or talk to him. I'm so happy with what he's accomplishing in his life & I'll always regard him as a dear friend.

Sometimes ppl come into your life & make such a positive mark that you never forget them, and that's ok!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    My first love and I are still friends... Im just not his type... ;) hehe
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately since we have 3 kids together...yes. I hate him as a person, (ex)husband, and human being but "care" for him because we share 3 children together. Nothing more.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Yeah but she her rates went WAY up since then. j/k

My first ended up being a crazy woman.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I remember my first crush, won't say how many moons ago that was, but I've had opportunity to see FB photos of him, and ummm, clearly there are no feelings there any more! :wink:
  • diana160
    Options
    Boy, do I remember my first love, he was so cute, brown curly hair, brown eyes and tall. Oh well, won't tell you he was the first boy I ever kissed. Sweet memories.....Diana
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Thinking about him makes me smile. :smile: I can honestly say he will always have a little piece of my heart. We were perfect, until we weren't anymore. Unfortunately, I did the heart breaking. But we got back in touch with each other and mended the wounds a couple years later. We don't see each other much, but when we do we have a big hug and catch up session. Such sweet memories. :smooched:
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    mine is now my husband :love: , we met iat school when we were 15, moved in together at 18, got married in 2008 and have been together 15 years next saturday!
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not still have a place in my heart for my first love. We broke up senior year because his parents told him they only pay for his college education to Texas A&M if he broke up with me, because I'm black and he is white. And he was only on the waiting list but said it was because they were letting all the black people in.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    ok im gona be the soppy male on here :sad: , first love...... asked her out at school when I was 14 yrs old :blushing: , im now 25, still with her, never broken up yet, not married though and dont have any kids. does play on my mind have I missed out? but she saved me from a horrific childhood.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hell no, he doesn't deserve the lying cheating SOB! Nuff said.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not still have a place in my heart for my first love. We broke up senior year because his parents told him they only pay for his college education to Texas A&M if he broke up with me, because I'm black and he is white. And he was only on the waiting list but said it was because they were letting all the black people in.

Um...can you point me in their direction so I can punch them each in the face?! :mad: :mad: :mad: That is ridiculous! So sorry you had to deal with that!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    My first real love and first actual relationship would have to be my current boyfriend of almost 6 years! :happy: Met when we were 15 and still together now in our final years of college. It isn't always easy but finding that one person who makes you feel complete and sticks with you through it all is just wonderful!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options

wow, i go to Texas A&M. what a racist first love you had! trust me. you gotta be smart to get in and actually graduate from there!
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    My first love is actually my wife. I dated other women but never truly loved them now that I know what it's like to love somoene romantically.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Well, my first love is my fiance and the father of my children. We've been together for almost 8 years. So, yeah he has and will always have a place in my heart. He's my best friend. :smile:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    My first REAL love, I dumped. I always considered it a mistake that I could not corret, moves, new loves, spouses etc.. We got reacquainted about 10 years or so ago on the internet and stayed friends till his death. He will always be in my heart.