Ladies ONLY - Do you weigh more on your period?

Options

Replies

• dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Almost always a 3 lb weight gain. I don't weigh myself from the time I get TOM until a week later!!!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I gain up to 8lbs the week before (yupp I think 8lbs was the mot I had) - then vanishes again after ... so yes, it is pretty normal I guess
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i usually end up gaining 2-5 lbs on my period......which is just water weight that will go away. i dont worry about exercising the first couple of days, cause i'm too busy dealing with cramps
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weight more at TOM.
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    I weigh more just before. Once it starts I usually have to pee more (can I say that), which I guess is the excess water leaving.
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    duplicate
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    sorry, for some reason I triple posted
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    Thank you all for all of the wonderful answers.
    Periods are the worse... :(

They totally are the worst. The things we go through for the ability to bear children..

I'm glad to still have them. I like still having my own home-grown estrogen,
  • Kdj535
    Options
    One thing you can do is get one of those exercise velcro body wrap things. You wrap it tightly around your middle and it helps you keep the water weight down. Plus it almosts acts like a heating pad if you are cramping.
  • maz_1985
    Options
    Thank god its not just me then, was very gutted when i jumped pn the scales this morning, put on 2lbs since yesterday. This is my second day of mentruating so hopefully should be back on track next week :)
  • LGLinWinter
    Options
    I gain from 2 - 4 lbs, its discouraging, but afterwards go back to pre period weight
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yes, in my case always two pounds

those tampons weigh a ton !
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yes, about 3-5 pounds.
    I've decided to just not weigh myself that week.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ugh, just one pound would be amazing. I usually gain about 10.
  • stumegsmum
    Options
    Ugh, just one pound would be amazing. I usually gain about 10.

me too - I remember one month I put on 12lbs ans lost 14 the following week - this week it's been 7 so far, no weigh for me this week
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    always 2-4 pounds heavier. I stay away from the scale for at least 2 weeks!!!!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I definitely retain water around that oh-so-special time of the month. I remember years ago, I gained EIGHT POUNDS over a day or two before my period, and then peed it all out. It was awful. :sad: So yes, I am definitely among the huge crowd of women who feel your literal pain!

I think part of it is hormonal, but I also theorize that some of us are drawn to salty foods when we're PMS-ing, which also doesn't help in the bloating department...
  • fitnessdiva07
    Options
    It happens to me too :(
  • Louisecooper87
    Louisecooper87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So thankful I just found this feed! I'm due for Tom any day now and weighed 5lbs more this morning!! Not cool! I've been seriously peed off all day! You lovely MFP ladies feeling my pain have helped no end!! :-D x
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ugh!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!:sad: