Ladies ONLY - Do you weigh more on your period?

Replies

• SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Usually don't gain any weight before and during my period, but after I get a "woosh" effect and lose about 3-4 pounds.

Edited for clarification.
  • itstritiatoyou
    itstritiatoyou Posts: 4 Member
    I'm usually 1-2 lbs. heavier a week before my period comes, and then it disappears once it's done. It sucks.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    NO, I weigh less on my period, that's why I eat all the extra chocolate and potato chips. Yah, that's why.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    yes every week- monday in the morning
    no matter what
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    YES YES YES!
    Argh thank the lord its not just me!
    I feel heavier today than i felt when i started this journey all because of this time of the month!
    Makes me so weak and extremley uncomfortable!
    so there is no way im weighing this week!
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    I'm always down during mine. I look forward to it because I know I will lose :)
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    I typically gain up to 3 pounds a week before and they hang on for a few days after then go away like magic. lol

As for working out while you feel weak? yes. Don't hurt yourself, obviously, but you should stay moving unless you absolutely can't. Exercise helps reduce PMS symptoms, in my experience.
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    im usually 8 lbs up on heavy periods, and about 4lbs up on light ones. but to answer this, yes. always. i dont eat chocolate or that stuff, like most women ^^; or even salty things, i just put on more weight during these times, and i can tell when my period is going to hit about a day before by my weight.
    as for pms pains and such, i used to swim...a lot. i was swimming for about an hour every monrning M-F during college. i found it REALLY helped me during that time of the month. i tend to be more frazzled and pissy, as well as the cramps are no fun. so using a tampon during that time was not on my "something i would love to do" list, but you know, the swimming calmed me, and helped immensely with my cramps. i didnt feel as cranky as i usually do when im on my period when i was swimming. ^^ plus the weight loss from swimming so much was a good bonus :)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    I normally stay the same in the lead up to mine, occasionally I'll have a little gain but as soon as it starts the scale shows a loss

I have heavy periods so can't always exercise but if its not too bad I try to keep moving
  • clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Just finished mine and had put on a 1 kilo, was pretty annoyed but logged it anyway. Weighed myself 1 day later and had lost 1.5 kilos! Next time I won't weigh myself during that time and just wait. I can't exercise for 2 days at the beginning but try and look after myself until I can.
    You are not alone in this water retention.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Fortunately those days are behind me, but I always weighed as much as five pounds more starting a few days before until the second day of my period, and then it disappeared in a single day.
  • I have an irregular cycle so I'd retain water for 1-2 weeks before it, then slowly lose the water weight during it. Once it's over, I'm back to my proper non-water-retaining weight.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    2-4 pounds heavier...I do MUCH better if I exercise more intense during that time also..
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    I usually put on at least 2 lbs either just before or during but drop them again afterwards (thankfully)
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    I actually don't. And have had 5 months straight of losses DURING TOM!

I swear by taking Dandelion capsules, it's a natural diuretic. I take one dose nightly anyhow, but when TOM starts, I up it to 2-3 doses per day. You could also try dandelion tea if you prefer, and add some diuretic foods.

Here is the best list I've found: http://www.3fatchicks.com/36-diuretic-foods/
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    When I weight myself few days before or on period, my weight goes up for about 4-9lbs more. It's not only because it's THE period. I notices, I have really big cravings of sweet foods at the time.
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    I weigh a pound or two more today for whatever reason. But I guess overnight, I started my period.
    I am wondering if this is normal if you are on your period. I seem to be retaining more water during this time, too.
    Any advice or is this kind of thing normal?

Also, should my exercise stay the same even though I often feel much weaker during this time?

YES!! Most months only a pound or two and it comes off quickly, this month it was five pounds and I feel quite sluggish and bloated. Roll on the menopause, due any time now. :-)
  • ShaniB729
    ShaniB729 Posts: 18
    Ugh! Glad I'm not the only one!! I tend to be heavier the week before (which is now)...and although I know it's menstrual related, I totally get upset!!
  • FezzesRCool
    FezzesRCool Posts: 36
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Except for two non-consecutive weeks where I didn't lose or gain, neither of which were during my period, I have been at a consistent loss. I don't do anything different compared to the rest of the month. I haven't had actual cramps since high school, but I do feel this constant pressure down below for that entire week that's annoying in its own right. Like a visit to the restroom would help, but it doesn't.
  • debmartin06
    debmartin06 Posts: 8 Member
    Yes and the bloating!!! Ugh!