Ladies ONLY - Do you weigh more on your period?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Yes, nearly every woman on the planet.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member

You, my friend, aren't a woman. How dare you respond to a Ladies ONLY thread. :flowerforyou:
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    I always wonder what women's fascination is with this subject. "HALP!! I'm bloated, weigh more, and crave stuff!! What do??" Good grief. :huh:
  • whierd

You, my friend, aren't a woman. How dare you respond to a Ladies ONLY thread. :flowerforyou:

Because, despite my lack of female plumbing, this is such common knowledge that I am shocked that a new thread is created hourly about it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    And the monthly period continues to baffle the masses....
  • I usually bloat out at that time of the month, haven't really weighed myself around that time to know. Something I think I will keep an eye on.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Congrats on getting your first period :flowerforyou:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually lose 9.6 lbs every month when I'm on mine. And every month, it is just as shocking as when it happened the month before.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member

Because, despite my lack of female plumbing, this is such common knowledge that I am shocked that a new thread is created hourly about it.

BUT THE CRAVINGS?!?! how do i deal?
  • whierd
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually lose 9.6 lbs every month when I'm on mine. And every month, it is just as shocking as when it happened the month before.

Is that the secret to your weight loss?!
  • whierd

BUT THE CRAVINGS?!?! how do i deal?

Vodka.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Boobs. Glorious, beautiful, near pre-baby status boobs.
    That's where mine goes.

I get to borrow amazing knockers for a week or so (thank goodness it hits before TOM starts), but then I have to return them.

I'd totally take a 2 pound weight gain permanently if I could keep those puppies!!!
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    ^^ Must not have gotten the Ladies ONLY memo ...

Oh wait
  • whierd
    ^^ Must not have gotten the Ladies ONLY memo ...

Oh wait

More like "Does not care."
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    for me, working out gets rid of cramps. so this is the first time u noticed u weigh more on it? um-okay!:mad:
  • opheliav5
    opheliav5 Posts: 3 Member
    I gain 5+ lbs starting a week out. Drink lemon water throughout the day...helps with the bloat. Also if you drink a cup of warm water with lemon in it you'll get an added kick. Sometimes I even throw in some ginger. Really "primes the pump" for the day. I digest food better when I kick the day off with that elixir.
  • CarlaPhillips22
    CarlaPhillips22 Posts: 11 Member
    Before I had children I'd gain 10lbs during my period....no joke. Ofcourse I wasnt ever on time. Now that I've had two children I gain 3 to 5lbs every period and I'm like clock work.
  • sdivin
    sdivin Posts: 11 Member
    I definitely gain when the monthly visitor arrives, but it usually varies. Some months it may only be 1 lb and other months it could be 5+ lbs.

Normally, it doesn't bother me, but it agitated the tar out of me today. Go figure that on the day I finish Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred and try to check in on my weight and measurements, the "visitor" decides to show up. So, between the bloating and weight gain, I have no clue. :grumble:
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Glad to have found this post :flowerforyou: eased my mind. I gained a couple of pound and Aunt Flo is the culprit, I'm cool with that:smile:
  • Thank god for this because I have been loosing a pound a day and I started my period this morning and weighed myself and it shows me 3lbs heavier! I almost cried.