The "Olivia Method" - the cool new way to set up your MFP go

Options

Replies

• olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Seeing if I have this correct

BMR = 1397
    1397*1.3 = 1816 (that's the number I set my calorie goal for, right?)
    1397+1000=2397-1816=581

And the goal is to keep your green number between 500-1000 each day? Right? Thanks! :)

Yup, and never eat less than 1397
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    OK. I am going to give this a shot. Fingers crossed.
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Seeing if I have this correct

BMR = 1397
    1397*1.3 = 1816 (that's the number I set my calorie goal for, right?)
    1397+1000=2397-1816=581

And the goal is to keep your green number between 500-1000 each day? Right? Thanks! :)

Yup, and never eat less than 1397

Thanks! :) going to be hard to start eating more again :) I've been netting 1100-1250 lately, but food calories have been around 1300, okay, so I guess it won't be too hard, just have to add a little something else in ;):)
  • jilleebean777
    jilleebean777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tridling
    tridling Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    saving to comprehend all this later.
  • ces921
    ces921 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    save for later...
  • hannydee
    hannydee Posts: 246
    Options
    bump. i'll definitely be trying this at some point.
  • jbdowns35
    Options
    bump
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump......Olivia - I have made my diary public so can you check please that i've done the right thing - i just want to be sure.

I have just changed my goal to 1750 which is my maintenance cals and I now understand that the green number is the deficit I have created everyday. So far this week (since monday) I have created a deficit including exercise cals of 1046 so I need another 2354 over the next 4 days to create the 3500 total deficit to make a 1lb loss for this week which is the rate i'd like to lose the weight at....is this right??
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump......Olivia - I have made my diary public so can you check please that i've done the right thing - i just want to be sure.

I have just changed my goal to 1750 which is my maintenance cals and I now understand that the green number is the deficit I have created everyday. So far this week (since monday) I have created a deficit including exercise cals of 1046 so I need another 2354 over the next 4 days to create the 3500 total deficit to make a 1lb loss for this week which is the rate i'd like to lose the weight at....is this right??

Yes, everything looks good. I don't know what your bmr is but just make sure you're eating at least that everyday too. Today looks to be low, but then again the day's not over :)
  • KylieBarstow
    Options
    This is such a cool method. I definitely don't work out all too much, but I will be more often, but being able to see the calorie deficit each day will be very helpful. And for some reason it seems that even if I want to only have a deficit of 500 cal a day or 3500 a week I can eat more than I thought I could on this way than what MFP gives me as a goal each day. By staying under MFP goal I'm probably starting to starve my body and desperately do not want to hit a plateau! I hope this works for me!
  • Lary_babe
    Lary_babe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ME TOO! It sounds good but it's too much math I really don't understand it. :P Wish I could figure out a way to do it though!
  • Lary_babe
    Lary_babe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is such a cool method. I definitely don't work out all too much, but I will be more often, but being able to see the calorie deficit each day will be very helpful. And for some reason it seems that even if I want to only have a deficit of 500 cal a day or 3500 a week I can eat more than I thought I could on this way than what MFP gives me as a goal each day. By staying under MFP goal I'm probably starting to starve my body and desperately do not want to hit a plateau! I hope this works for me!

I couldn't have said it better I feel the exact same way. Would someone be willing to help me set this up and learn how to use this method? Thanks Olivia for sharing with us!
  • ksmorck
    ksmorck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gjprincess
    gjprincess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Yes, everything looks good. I don't know what your bmr is but just make sure you're eating at least that everyday too. Today looks to be low, but then again the day's not over :)

Excellent, thanks for all your assistance with this - it is a great idea! My BMR is about 1400 so I'll try to stick to eating at least that everyday.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    And for some reason it seems that even if I want to only have a deficit of 500 cal a day or 3500 a week I can eat more than I thought I could on this way than what MFP gives me as a goal each day. By staying under MFP goal I'm probably starting to starve my body and desperately do not want to hit a plateau! I hope this works for me!

Yeah, I was kinda wondering why MFP gave me a calorie goal 100 below my BMR. Seems not right?
  • commotionstrange
    commotionstrange Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump...gonna try this! I was having the same issues with the numbers here on MFP. I also think though that they DRASTICALLY overestimate calories burned, so I'm trying to be careful with that.