1202122232426»

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    #25 (hopefully)
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    bump, I'd like to read more when I'm not at work.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Trying it :)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • jwilloughby51
    jwilloughby51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd like to make sure im doing this right before I start eating more calories than I should be or not eating enough. My BMR is 1538 according to MFP calculator. I multiplied it with 1.2 for sededary which makes it 1845.6. SO I set my net calorie goal as 1845 right? Then I eat the 1538 leaving me with a deficit of 307. If I want to lose 2lbs a week I have to exercise & burn 693 calories right so my net ends up 1000 right? Thanks!
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'd like to make sure im doing this right before I start eating more calories than I should be or not eating enough. My BMR is 1538 according to MFP calculator. I multiplied it with 1.2 for sededary which makes it 1845.6. SO I set my net calorie goal as 1845 right? Then I eat the 1538 leaving me with a deficit of 307. If I want to lose 2lbs a week I have to exercise & burn 693 calories right so my net ends up 1000 right? Thanks!

That sounds right to me. Of course, you might find that you feel better if you eat around 1550-1600 cals a day and shoot for a deficit of around 800 (average). :)
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Ok I'm super late on the bandwagon....how do I manually change my calorie goal?
  • greenescape
    Options
    Bump
  • drsteph01
    Options
    bump
  • amandal00
    amandal00 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting, I'm going to give it a try.
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump I need help from the creator of this or to read more when I have more time
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my bmr is 164o my maintenance on mfp is 1960 what should I set my cals to and at what point do I eat back calories. I need to do something as I am working out a lot and gaining weight not losing
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump...but I did it a much easier way and just told mfp that I wanted to maintain my current weight and them figured out my bmr so that I'll know what I should be eating, etc...this is a very cool method for determining your daily deficit...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to come up with my maintenance calories. Other than exercise, I'm not very active. I don't have a job right now and I go to school, so other than walking to class, I am sitting down mostly. But I only go 2X per week, the other days I might be running errands or playing with my son. Most of the time I'm just at home though. I really don't know how to come up with this number.... I multiplied my BMR by 1.2, I don't know if that's right.

I also don't understand the last number that you get. I add 1000 to my BMR then subtract maintenance calories and I get 600 something. What does that number mean? It says that's the number of calories you can burn without eating them back, but wouldn't that depend on how many calories I've eaten? I thought you weren't supposed to NET under your BMR... I'm confused...
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • mkmarasch
    mkmarasch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would love to read this.