What is the highest calorie total you've ever seen on MFP?

Options

Replies

• crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    4,653 this past Saturday. There was some beer in there, but mostly it was OK food too!

lol, I still was in deficit by the end of the day.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Every day was just this big orgy of goodness.. Butterfinger milkshakes, cheese, cheese, cheese, moonpies, pound cakes, mac and cheese, vodka, pizza, fries, ice cream. One day was about 5,000 calories. Balls.

Way to throw this guy out there.... I've done 4000 before. I was bulking, but that was mostly wine.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    So, just for fun - I put in what I used to eat on a daily basis.... I consumed an average of 6,500 calories a day to maintain my weight at over 500 pounds. Did that for over ten years...

Thankfully, I don't see anything close to those numbers very often... but once in awhile I can get close, like with Thanksgiving or if I am traveling and eat 2 meals out at restaurants.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I had a day that was right around 4,500 calories haha

mhm :) that week I didn't gain at all. oh yeah.
  • jtblack1414
    Options
    On bad days i'll have a large pizza 2 L coke and order of bread sticks. Thats usually just the beginning. So by the end of the day 7,000 cals +.
    Its always worth it, never regret. Pizza is my kryptonite. Usually do this once a month.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I've seen people with a goal of 3000. I haven't been over 2600 since I started here. I try and eat 2200-2300 though.
    In my old days I'd eat easy 5000-6000. Think McDonalds Large fries every other day, a six pack a Coke a day, Hot Fries, candy bars, and like a half cup of sugar in my coffee. Oh with half and half.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I was over 4000 twice last week. 2200 is my maintenance.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That's awesome 5000 calories. LOL I could do that. I love food. However, my highest days are 2200 to 2300 calories.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    My highest was probably around 4000-4500, the highest I've seen elsewhere was around that too.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    There are people bulking and performing at pretty high athletic levels on here, so it's not very surprising to see 3000+ logs now and again.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that once I've decided to "go all out" with eating, I don't track. lol. It doesn't happen super often but on holidays or race days, I usually just don't bother... probably bad but I haven't had a problem with it yet

I'm the exact same way. I know that if I record it, I'll be hard on myself the next day haha
    I'm pretty sure I've done 4,000 - 5,000 before :(

meeee tooooo. I hate the idea of seeing a high number or going over my calories, so on days when i'm really bad i dont usually record it. which is really bad, i know, i should just record it and maybe it will make me realize just how bad my bad days are but i just cant seem to do it!
  • what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love my trainer (so please no dissin him)- once closer to weight goal he said have a 'cheat' day every couple of weeks- eat what you want, pizza/cheeseburgers, etc and dont count calories. Just like anything else with our bodies we adapt- so consistently eating the same calories every day; your body trains and becomes more efficient. Once in a while you need to shock it and usually it will burn those calories up no problem. So I don't count on those cheat days but if I've downed 1/2 a pizza then I'm sure 3-4,000 calories!

This might not work for everyone but it's true- those 'over' cheat days hurt me less than the 'under' calorie days...my body seems to want to go in starvation mode and suck up every last bit if I'm skimping...but overindulge and I just run a few more miles/speed intervals :)
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I only started here the day I set out on my new healthy lifestyle so I have never seen my "old" calories.

I do howeevr hate when i have been massively over (like 300+ cals)

I'd have to be a 1000 over to see 2,200 though and I Have NEVER done that!
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize people were sooo judgmental of food diaries, and I have my diary set on public! Oh well........! lol~
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I think ~2700 on a day where I had run ~15 miles or more. No guilt about that. I don't really allow myself to go more than sedentary burn plus exercise.... (I calculate my exercise and add it to my sedentary).

I usually leave 200-300 for error but as long as I don't go over my estimated TOTAL burn then I'm not devastated by eating 2500+ unless my weight stays up for too long afterwards.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize people were sooo judgmental of food diaries, and I have my diary set on public! Oh well........! lol~

My thoughts exactly. What business is it of ours?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I can't remember seeing any that were notable on other people's diaries. Most of the ones I remember are people who eat 500 calories a day which is alarming. And mine hasn't gone super high since I started logging. But I would love to know what some of my days would have been before I joined MFP. I used to eat a ton of junk food.
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    in really bad days long past i once had just one meal of 10,000 cals none stayed with me though

I also have had many 10,000+ days when i was binge eating/bulimic...never logged though!! eeeep
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    what did you do to cure binging? Need help
  • linzirussell
    linzirussell Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My highest was probly around 5000 lol! birthday = meal, chocolates & alcohol :P
    lowest is like 200 when i was really busy with uni and didnt really plan ahead and make time to eat!