What is the highest calorie total you've ever seen on MFP?

Replies

• cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Every day was just this big orgy of goodness.. Butterfinger milkshakes, cheese, cheese, cheese, moonpies, pound cakes, mac and cheese, vodka, pizza, fries, ice cream. One day was about 5,000 calories. Balls.

Way to throw this guy out there.... I've done 4000 before. I was bulking, but that was mostly wine.

I didn't list his name or any markings of distinction, so.. :p
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Every day was just this big orgy of goodness.. Butterfinger milkshakes, cheese, cheese, cheese, moonpies, pound cakes, mac and cheese, vodka, pizza, fries, ice cream. One day was about 5,000 calories. Balls.

Way to throw this guy out there.... I've done 4000 before. I was bulking, but that was mostly wine.

other than the fact that he's a guy and his list of food: Butterfinger milkshakes, cheese, cheese, cheese, moonpies, pound cakes, mac and cheese, vodka, pizza, fries, ice cream? :flowerforyou:
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Didn't realize people were sooo judgmental of food diaries, and I have my diary set on public! Oh well........! lol~

My thoughts exactly. What business is it of ours?

I wasn't being judgemental.. I was marveling at the amount of food he could get away with eating, really. Just living vicariously, rather envious.
    Meant no harm.. geez...
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I haven't seen any bad ones on here, but I don't even want to think about what mine were before joining. Fast food, restaurants, an obscene amount of cheese and juice, junk.... couldn't have been good!

Since joining, my worst were on thanksgiving and the day after (and I didn't really log the day after, but it was probably close to 3000)?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I think I quick-added 10,000 when I went to the State Fair. I probably reached that.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    is it sick that I like to record everything to see how high I go?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    So far the highest i've seen is my own LOL
    Over 8,000 kcal on thanksgiving
  • I've had a 3500 binge recorded on here, that doesn't include what I had eaten normally earlier..
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    I know people who maintain on 5,000 a day. I know this is a calorie counting site, but I think some people on here tend to get a very unhealthy obsession with the number of calories. Just like some people get an unhealthy obsession with the number on the scale. Low calories does not automatically mean good, and high calories does not automatically mean bad. Just like I'm currently 70 pounds overweight according to BMI, but I'm in a healthy body fat range, and would have to amputate an arm and a leg in order to get to a normal BMI. All numbers are relative.

I maintain on about 3,000 a day, sometimes 4,000 depending on how active I am. I cut at about 2,500. *shrug*
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    It's not fair, :grumble: why can't the calories all escape out into the air when you take a bite / cut it up?!!!

How nice would it be to eat what you wanted every day and not feel guilty or have to do a big workout just to feel like you can treat yourself. I have friends who can eat what they like and stay thin, I have to remind myself that they are probably not very healthy on the inside.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    in really bad days long past i once had just one meal of 10,000 cals none stayed with me though
    Holly sh@#$%t. I can not even imagine a day like that. Could you show me how is that look like ? I had some pretty bad binges in the past , and had a few occasions when I ate a whole jar of nutella ( =2,000) after some really bad news, and that was on the top of a normal maintenance day of food ( =2,000-2,200) . I never put it down, but I bet I made a 4,000 or more on that day. I became so sick after that that I practically didn't eat anything the next day.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Didn't realize people were sooo judgmental of food diaries, and I have my diary set on public! Oh well........! lol~

Everybody's not being judgemental as much as jealous. We wish we could eat that much and that kind of food without it going straight to our belly's and butts.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    highest that I actually had the bravery to come back and record? Somewhere in the 4500 calorie range. But I have had days that were probably much higher, I just decided against tracking.

I say BRAVO to those who commit to tracking everything, even on days that you go over. I still lost weight the week of the 4500 calorie day, and I am pretty sure it's because I tracked it and moved on.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I think my highest was 2,200.. and I wanted to throw myself off a high bridge.

Shoot... 2200 is a pretty common number for me! I've hit 3500 a few times since joining MFP, but those high intakes are usually limited to when I'm out backpacking or doing a 25 mile bike ride.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    10,000, wow! I am actually striving to hit 3000+, mostly raw fruits and veggies :smile:
  • misty8parker
    misty8parker Posts: 45 Member
    3000 to 5000 calories is easy- peasie! And I can still count that as being good. Ive eaten at two buffets in a day several times before. Or just with burgers and candy and beer and nuts and icecream. Really, not that hard to do. It makes it easier not to do while I am counting calories or just the task of logging it ALL in makes it undesirable.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    My 10,000 was seriously bad well planned unfortunately and included frozen yes still frozen gateaux, pie and chips, burger king super size meal, packets of biscuits, large donner kebab, cheese and onion pasties x2 - all in one sitting with 3 teapots of tea possibly other stuff too but all behind me know thankfully they were very very very dark days I remember to discourage me from venturing down that route again!
  • misty8parker
    misty8parker Posts: 45 Member
    I am with you on the regret thing. If you do it, ENJOY it. Just count it and try to make healthier choices later.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    March 12, 2011 = 7277 estimated calories.
    Calories burned = 2665
    Caloric surplus = 4612
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member

I'm pretty sure I've seen a post from the guy you're referring to. The person I saw said he eats like that regularly, welcomed people to look at his diary, and really didn't care what anyone thought about his method because he said he saw results. So you definitely weren't throwing him under the bus.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think my highest logging day was over 3000. However, I don't log on the days that are really bad and I know I'm waaaay over. That's just the way I do it.