Diet Pepsi

Options
Is diet pepsi bad for you? Ive been hearing yes and no

Your thoughts?

Replies

• Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I want to post a response, but I can't stop laughing.
    (Not at you, don't worry!)
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    define bad....

you can lose weight drinking it - well, some may debate that also. It's zero calories.

but ask yourself...how do they make it zero calories? look at the ingredients. I'm pretty sure diet pop/soda cannot be good for your insides.
  • harold_IV
    harold_IV Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I mean all soda drinks aren't ideal for weightloss, they have high frutose corn syrup in them. I would definitely stay away from diet drinks because they make you hungrier. Ever drunk a diet drink on an empty stomach? it iritiates your stomach lining (thats why it makes you want to eat more). If you want to drink soda I would go with a non diet soda, that has low calories. Like coke zero or that Dr pepper 10. But it would be ideal to stay away from it.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure Coke Zero and Dr Pepper 10 are diet sodas, dude.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs in 6 months while drinking, on average, a bottle of diet soda a day. I am also perfectly healthy at the moment. So I'm going with No. Diet soda is not bad for you.
  • drog2323
    Options
    Pretty sure Coke Zero and Dr Pepper 10 are diet sodas, dude.

ummmm yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • LennieSmall
    Options
    I can't imagine it's much worse than anything else in the world (everything causes cancer nowadays, including sunlight). I drink one or several diet sodas almost every day and it hasn't hurt me in losing weight, so I wouldn't worry about it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's by no means GOOD for you, but unless you're someone who has an adverse reaction to it, like my niece who gets migraines from artificial sweeteners, it's fine in moderation.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    tHw0b.gif
  • drog2323
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs in 6 months while drinking, on average, a bottle of diet soda a day. I am also perfectly healthy at the moment. So I'm going with No. Diet soda is not bad for you.

my wife was diagnosed with cancer this summer...we went to a lot of info sessions on nutrition, foods etc, relating to cancer, cancer recovery etc.

I can tell you that their research was not positive on diet soda. especially one per day.

having said that - awesome job on the weight loss! 50 lbs is great.

:flowerforyou:
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yes it's bad for you. Drink it if you love it. I love it. (well, Diet Coke)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Out of curiosity, do you mean a bottle as in a 20oz bottle, or a 2 liter ?
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked as it may benefit those who are unaware and perhaps afraid to ask!

Aspartame = Chemical s*it storm
  • hopevictoria
    Options
    Yeah, Coke Zero and Dr. Pepper 10 are definitely diet sodas. Diet sodas are one of my big nutrition vices...I will never give them up.
  • _hardGAINER_
    Options
    I love anything thats bad for me
  • drog2323
    Options
    Glad you asked as it may benefit those who are unaware and perhaps afraid to ask!

amen
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    just drink water with your eyes closed.
  • harold_IV
    harold_IV Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hmm didn't know that! But ya man soda drinks are bad. I agree you definitely can lose weight while drinking them, but its just another obstacle.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi Is most certainly bad for you, but Diet Coke is not. Switch.
  • dippystick
    dippystick Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Yep. Don't drink them if you've got distance between you and the bathroom.