Diet Pepsi

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Like others said, everything is ok in moderation, but look and see if it has "aspartame" in it, anything with that, I really advice to stay away from, that's like a slow killing poison lol. No really it is, it can cause all sorts of problems, we're not talking about weight issues, but it messes with your eye sight.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Like others said, everything is ok in moderation, but look and see if it has "aspartame" in it, anything with that, I really advice to stay away from, that's like a slow killing poison lol. No really it is, it can cause all sorts of problems, we're not talking about weight issues, but it messes with your eye sight.

Stop making things up.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17828671
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Between a Coke Zero a day and the random Caffeine free pepsi I'm still losing weight. It's definitely not the healthiest but if it's between that and something that has a ton of calories and is equally as bad for me I'll go with the diet crap.

I believe in moderation and being smart about what I put in my body. If the majority of my consumption is healthy I'm allowed a few not so bad for me vices.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

Stop making things up.

Just because I state something that has been an uproar around where I live, I am making things up? Stop telling people to stop doing things they aren't!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

Stop making things up.

Just because I state something that has been an uproar around where I live, I am making things up? Stop telling people to stop doing things they aren't!

Then please post a reputable source to substantiate your claim (ie not some random alarmist website).
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options

Pancake?
  • TheFitHooker
    Options

Stop making things up.

Then please post a reputable source to substantiate your claim (ie not some random alarmist website).

How about you stop being an *kitten*? Sorry I just spoke from what I have always heard, I never thought of researching it. Sue me for not looking it up, doesn't mean I make **** up! Gesh!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    How about you stop being an *kitten*? Sorry I just spoke from what I have always heard, I never thought of researching it. Sue me for not looking it up, doesn't mean I make **** up! Gesh!
    That's how myths and mis information get spread around. There are many people here who have researched it and are "in the know". We can back an opposing view with actual scientific clinical proof.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    That's how myths and mis information get spread around. There are many people here who have researched it and are "in the know". We can back an opposing view with actual scientific clinical proof.

IDEA Fitness member

There is a nice way to do it though, no need for him to be an *kitten*. A simple "You were misinformed here is a link to the proof" would have been nice then an accusation of "Stop making things up." I'm obviously not the one who made it up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,096 Member
    Options
    not worth it. Pancake.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    There is good and bad in everything. The key is moderation.

Caffeine deteriorates your bone density. In fact, Jillian Michaels spills about how she drank a six pack of diet coke daily, then went to get a test on her density for a TV spot, to only find out she had problems within her hips. They edited her as the "role model".

So she cut it out completely as a result. If it can happen to her of all people!

This is a good example. For someone like us who is trying to be healthy, lose weight, gain muscle etc.

A single diet soda is not going to hurt you. A steady diet of soda will. While it might be calorie free, it's full of artificial sweetners and artificial coloring that can cause problems as described above, but even food coloring is a known carcinogenic. Not to mention the suspicion of ADHD and a host of other endocrine disruptor related issues.

Now will one can of soda hurt you? NO! But don't count the can as water intake. Always drink equally as much water as you do soda. Is there any nutritional value from soda, NOPE. None, nada, zilch! But that doesn't make it free, for all the above reasons.

Just use it sparingly. Don't gorge yourself in a 12pack a day. Or a 6 pack a day, or I would even say daily.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Pancake? I can admit I was wrong but being an *kitten* is not right either. This is a great site but a few people who want to be a **** doesn't do anyone any good.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    not worth it. Pancake.
    Ahem, blueberrie pancake...............with bacon.

IDEA Fitness member
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's better than regular soda. No reproducible evidence that aspartamine causes disease. That said there is still acid in the soda that will wear away your enamel.

I would definitely argue with you on this one. Isn't sugar natural?

I'm not talking about Coke or Pepsi. But the "natural" soda's like Blue Sky. all natural ingredients, no corn syrup etc.

Hemlock is natural too. "Natural" by itself does not equal "better".

in my world..natural is better. yah, am I going to eat poison in nature...umm no.

but food comes from the ground or animal etc, i would tend to think it is better for us. Not sure processed crap food was necessarily intended for man-kind.

but hey...this is just my opinion. and we all know what opinions are like! LOL

The question was Diet Pepsi.
  • catrivett
    Options
    I have to thank Pepsi for getting me to finally quit drinking soda all together. For about 10 years now I had quit drinking regular sodas because of the sugars and the lower calories. However, since I don't like dark sodas and I wanted caffeine with it, I was pretty limited. My favorite was diet code red, but guess what Pepsico decided they weren't making enough $$$$$ so they quit making it that left me with only diet mountain dew, diet 7up and stuff like that it just wasn't enough so I said I QUIT. I am now a happy coffee, tea and water drinker. Thank you Pepsico!!!!
  • dodger7977
    dodger7977 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was told by my doctor and a urgent care doctor to stop drinking soda when I had a kidney stone last year. It took me a few months to get my intake down ( I was drinking 3 regular sodas a day) and I've been soda free for 10 months. The diet sodas gave me terrible digestive problems so I personally was staying away from them. I know dropping soda from my diet helped me but I understand how people can get dependant on them, as I was certainly dependant. I would say they are not rhe best thing for you and given the choice you should drink water. :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHH.... CHEMICALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turkey_panic.gif
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    mm what do you mean then?
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I mean I know its not the best.. but maybe i should have re-worded my question. I guess I made myself sound like an idiot.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I was drinking anywhere from 5-10 cans of Diet Dr. Pepper per day. The day that i started my new weight loss challenge, i went to 1 per day. (yes, bad caffeine headaches, i suffered through.) I changed nothing else that first week and dropped 7.8 pounds!! Lots of water and no diet soda the second week, and i am on week 3 and feel soooo much better.