Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!! Take 2!

Options
Hey Ladies (and gents, if you're out there!) - Welcome to our 15th Challenge thread!

November was a very tough and slow month for us, and with the holidays and new year coming up, I am sure we will all have a ton of extra commitments and little spare time. But remember - This journey is about you! Taking time to dedicate to health and fitness is time well spent. And we all need to kick a little *kitten* sometimes! :bigsmile:

For those of you who know how this works and are coming back for more, this will just be more of the same, but skim over it anyway to make me feel important. For the newbs - Welcome! Here's the 'skinny' on our healthy living and lifestyle challenge...

As with the 14 challenges that have come before, this is a place where MFPals in their 20s can search out support, motivation, and advice while they are working towards their own personal goals. You're encouraged to set your own targets based on what is important to you and what challenges you face that you hope to overcome - set out goals for the month, make them attainable, and then just keep coming back to update us on your progress, help motivate others, and kick some serious *kitten*!! This group is home to Pals at all stages in their journey and there is plenty of advice, friendship and *love* to go around - If you have any questions or just need help getting moving, or you're a total veteran at this whole healthy living thing, you're welcome here! Just post whatever you like, show some support when you can, and enjoy the group

Here's what we ask:

1) As our veteran members (and newbs alike) sign onto the challenge once again, a list like the one found at the bottom of this post will start forming. This is our “goals list”. If you want to join the challenge, we ask that you copy and paste the most up-to-date list and tag your own screen name and goals onto the bottom – this is so that we can keep things moving along and no one gets left behind! (If you notice that someone's been left off, due to a high volume of posting, please incorporate their goals back into the list whenever possible.)
2) Set attainable and realistic goals! I cannot stress this enough. This group is dedicated to supporting healthy living, first and foremost, and that includes physical, emotional and mental health. So set goals that you know you can reach, with hard work and persistence, and find ways to celebrate small victories whenever you can. This will help you stay motivated and on track! We recommend setting some non-scale goals along with a scale goal if you are trying to lose weight – seeing progress in your fitness, your measurements and your diet is a great way to celebrate small changes in your life that make a HUGE difference. Be flexible, know that things aren't going to go perfectly as planned every day, and allow some wiggle room for a bad day here and there. We all have them!
3) Once your goals are posted, stay active and enjoy the benefits of this awesome community. Oh, and invite your 20-something friends! Let's keep this group moving, ladies!

Now for the re-cap from our November challenge... Here's the list of our goals from last month. How did your results stack up? What do you still need to work on, what did you accomplish that you hadn't expected at the outset of the month, and how are you going to improve on your goals going forward? Let it all out! It's good for ya
miss_amy- lose 7lbs (i'll be happy with 5-6, but 7 or more would be ideal!), LOG EVERYTHING & work out 5-6x a week
abby459- Goals for November: I want to focus less on the scale....I still have the goal of being under 140 by the end of Nov. But I want to set some non-weight goals to focus on. I plan to continue my p90x and running hybrid program. I want to be able to run for 60mins without walking!! I want to eat at least 4-5 fruits/veggies a day. I want to stay in my calorie range everyday this month! And I want to drink at least 100oz of water a day!!
GreenHumanClay: Continue working out 5-6xs per week (running 4xs) since I'm increasing distance 4xs is plenty, increase running to 8 miles, run a 10k, hydrate well, lose 3-5lbs, continue zig zagging and weight training 2xs per week!
mkingraham (Megan)- Finish my 15k training plan since the race is Dec 3, be concious of the food I am eating and make healthy choices, maintain my weight
meagalayne- not log more than 5 days for the month (eat well and intuitively), continue an effort to get 2x lunch breaks a week, more water, sleep and more reading (mental and emotional health win!), and work on enjoying every single working - getting back to basics!
jyopchick- stay on the I-Diet exactly for three weeks (as promised), drink at least 6oz of water every day, take a vitamin every day, lose 8lbs by December 1st!
eleanoreb- strike a balance between logging obbsessively/not logging, and to kick up my workouts, try new things and just have fun with it
softballash525- 1. Log as accurately as possible every day. 2. Drink water, think about what I'm eating, then eat. 3. Work out 40 minutes/day. 4. Eat what I want, but stay under calorie goal/day. Scale goal: 6 pounds by 11/30
annacataldo- excercise everyday or at least 6days a week. weigh 225 (to meet my 100lbs lost goal by thanksgiving). more clean foods; less eating out (if not at all), no treats (Even if i have the calories)
GuamGrly (Bethany) – lose 5 pounds, drink 64oz of water per day, eat out no more than once per week, workout 3x per week, increase fruit and veggie consumption. NSG – read one book!! (Thanks Meag)
lalonmeg000 (meghan)- drink 2 nalgene bottles of water daily (64 oz), by the end of the month I would like to run a solid mile no stopping
emdavid - to drop 6 lbs, but to NOT focus all of my success on the scale; to drop 2% body fat at least; to squeeze an extra day a week into the gym when possible; to jog/run for 10 mins non stop; and finally, to continue to work on beautifying my soul, as well as my body! :D
OopsieDaezie ~ Lose 3 pounds; Run a 5k at a 6.0 mph pace or better.
KoriBarry - Do something physical each and everyday...lose 2 lbs per week.
b00b0084~ Stay within my 1800 calorie limit for the day, start walking 5x a week, and give up my pop!
AmberCanFly- Exercise for 2000 minutes (last month was 1832 minutes- almost!), no more fried food, drink 64oz of water a day, no TV during the week, running for 1 mile without stopping, and most importantly not stepping on the scale!
Rosa137- Lose at least 5 lbs, start cooking or making meals at home at least 3 times a week, start eating breakfast at least 3 times a week.
missgolightly727(Emily) - Run at least 3 times a week. Run two miles without walking. Lose 5 pounds. Do at least one new activity(hot yoga, barre class, rock climbing, boot camp, SOMETHING), kick butt in my 8k(hopefully under 1 hour!), fit into brown and yellow dress for Thanksgiving.
Mommiebish (Ashley) - Zumba every week, and walk/run on the treadmill 2x a week. I would like to lose 6pounds in November, weight goal of 164.
Lozzy_86 (Lauren) - Get under the 100kg Mark (220lbs), Currently at 107kg, be able to last 15min on the cross-trainer before the asthma kicks in, drink more water, hit the gym min 3 times a week. Other that, I have a dress on layby that fits ok, but not nice. I am aiming to fit it when I get it out of layby in 4 weeks :)
Ok fabulous 20-somethings... Let's get a new list going for December and get motivated to kick some *kitten* throughout the holidays. It might not be easy, but nothing worth having ever came easy. May as well finish this year off with a bang! :drinker:

Good luck everyone! :heart:
Meag

Replies

• olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, wish we will have a great great month. Personally I can't wait for Christmas to arrive, I just love Christmas!

I'm new here but this group seems very very interesting so I thought I'd give it a go!

My goals for December: break my plateau and lose 2 kgs, burn at least 300 calories daily and complete at least 15 hours of yoga practice.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • raquelena
    raquelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Whoop let's do this 20-somethings!

Ok, my aim is to lose 10lbs (I'm being slightly optimistic about my Christmas restraint :P), log in EVERYTHING, and exercise EVERYDAY.

I want to enter 2012 looking lean and mean :D
  • mkingraham
    Options
    olymp1a- break my plateau and lose 2 kgs, burn at least 300 calories daily and complete at least 15 hours of yoga practice.
    raquelena -Ok, my aim is to lose 10lbs (I'm being slightly optimistic about my Christmas restraint :P), log in EVERYTHING, and exercise EVERYDAY. I want to enter 2012 looking lean and mean
    MissGolightly727(Emily)-Complete my 2 weeks of cross-training (MWF from Nov 30-Dec 9). Practice yoga at least once a week. Run twice a week. Try one new activity. Get to 150's!!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Run a 5k three times a week and go for a walk once on the weekends, make healthy eating choices

So my november goals were Finish my 15k training plan since the race is Dec 3, be concious of the food I am eating and make healthy choices, maintain my weight

I wouldn't say I so much finished my 15k training plan, but I am still doing the 15k on Saturday! YIKES!! Being Prego kind of got in the way of that one. So my goal for December is just o run a few miles three times a week and stay active on the weekends. The more I stay active the better it will be for me in the long run with my pregnancy. And I need to not let the pregnancy be an excuse to eat whatever passes by my face- in fact its extra important that I eat well. So those are the things I am going to concentrate on this month. And I did maintain my weight! Woohoo!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    olymp1a- break my plateau and lose 2 kgs, burn at least 300 calories daily and complete at least 15 hours of yoga practice.
    raquelena -Ok, my aim is to lose 10lbs (I'm being slightly optimistic about my Christmas restraint :P), log in EVERYTHING, and exercise EVERYDAY. I want to enter 2012 looking lean and mean
    MissGolightly727(Emily)-Complete my 2 weeks of cross-training (MWF from Nov 30-Dec 9). Practice yoga at least once a week. Run twice a week. Try one new activity. Get to 150's!!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Run a 5k three times a week and go for a walk once on the weekends, make healthy eating choices
    eleanoreb- ripped in 30 at least 4 times a week, eat moderately and as healthy as possible over Christmas, try out new recipes! be bikini ready by December 28th when I leave for Argentina!

My goals for November were to strike a balance between not logging and logging obbsessively. I think I've been fairly moderate..although more on the side of working out and logging somewhat obbsessively. will keep working on that.

I also wanted to try something new, which i have. i am 3/4 way through my TRX class and tried out a yoga for runners class which was great! I am having fun with it :)
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I am in again of course!!

My November goals were:
    abby459- Goals for November: I want to focus less on the scale....I still have the goal of being under 140 by the end of Nov. But I want to set some non-weight goals to focus on. I plan to continue my p90x and running hybrid program. I want to be able to run for 60mins without walking!! I want to eat at least 4-5 fruits/veggies a day. I want to stay in my calorie range everyday this month! And I want to drink at least 100oz of water a day!!

I still have not hit 140 on the scale (been trying for 3 months now :explode: ) but I will get there eventually (at 141.0 now!). But I did focus less on the scale and did worry at all about how slowly it is moving. Been doing good with my p90x/running hybrid, slacked a little on the running this month due to schedule and weather issues, but I would say I made about 85% of my planned workouts! I did up my fruits and veggies and drank 100 oz of water/day!!! All in all I consider it a successful month!!!

December:
    eleanoreb- ripped in 30 at least 4 times a week, eat moderately and as healthy as possible over Christmas, try out new recipes! be bikini ready by December 28th when I leave for Argentina!
    abby459- hit 140lbs (trying yet again!), run 100 miles this month, find a 1/2 marathon to sign up for, and keep my fruits/veggie servings at 4-5/day!!
  • JessYas
    JessYas Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, wish we will have a great great month. Personally I can't wait for Christmas to arrive, I just love Christmas!

I'm new here but this group seems very very interesting so I thought I'd give it a go!

My goals for December: break my plateau and lose 2 kgs, burn at least 300 calories daily and complete at least 15 hours of yoga practice.

Report Post Quote Reply
    mkingraham
    Joined Sep 2010
    Thu 12/01/11 06:00 AM
    Bump
    Report Post Quote Reply
    raquelena
    Joined Apr 2011
    Thu 12/01/11 06:08 AM
    Hiya! Whoop let's do this 20-somethings!

Ok, my aim is to lose 10lbs (I'm being slightly optimistic about my Christmas restraint :P), log in EVERYTHING, and exercise EVERYDAY.

I want to enter 2012 looking lean and mean :D
    Report Post Quote Reply
    missgolightly
    Joined Feb 2011
    Thu 12/01/11 06:52 AM

November was a great month for me. My goals were...

Run at least 3 times a week: I started off the month running 3 times a week until my race on the 12th. After that, my shin splints were really flaring up and I haven't really run since. Whoops. I plan to fix that in December.

Run two miles without walking: I completed this on the 5th on my practice run with my 8k training team. And then I CRUSHED this goal at my 8k by running the full distance. BOOM!

Lose 5 pounds: I started the month at 169.6 and as of this morning, I am 164, so I lost 5.6 lbs. Check!

Do at least one new activity(hot yoga, barre class, rock climbing, boot camp, SOMETHING): I tried a cross training class yesterday which was definitely out of my comfort zone, but I am going to push through and finish this two week trial I have...even though I feel like I can walk today and I don't know HOW I am going to even sit on the floor tomorrow, let alone do a burpee. I also tried a Vinyasa yoga class on Monday. :)

Kick butt in my 8k(hopefully under 1 hour!): I finished in 1:01:55. I didn't get in under an hour, but I DID shave about 10 1/2 minutes off of my time from last year. I definitely think that qualifies as KICKING BUTT!

Fit into brown and yellow dress for Thanksgiving: I didn't wear it on Thanksgiving (my family opted for more casual garb), but it DID fit and it fits PERFECTLY. It is my most favorite dress and it is a 10. It's very vintage looking and is from Anthropologie...it's definitely one that I will get taken in once it gets too big. On another note, I fit into a old pair of size 8 jeans(wearing them right now), a bunch of medium sweaters and jackets that I had retired a couple of years ago, and ALL of my Medium sized workout clothes. My 12s are practically falling off of me and my large workout leggings are baggy in places that leggings should not be baggy in. :)

Lots of great things happened for me and all of you in November! Let's make December even BETTER!

Report Post Quote Reply
    mkingraham
    Joined Sep 2010
    Thu 12/01/11 06:57 AM

So my november goals were Finish my 15k training plan since the race is Dec 3, be concious of the food I am eating and make healthy choices, maintain my weight

I wouldn't say I so much finished my 15k training plan, but I am still doing the 15k on Saturday! YIKES!! Being Prego kind of got in the way of that one. So my goal for December is just o run a few miles three times a week and stay active on the weekends. The more I stay active the better it will be for me in the long run with my pregnancy. And I need to not let the pregnancy be an excuse to eat whatever passes by my face- in fact its extra important that I eat well. So those are the things I am going to concentrate on this month. And I did maintain my weight! Woohoo!
    Report Post Quote Reply
    eleanoreb
    Joined Nov 2010
    Thu 12/01/11 08:19 AM

My goals for November were to strike a balance between not logging and logging obbsessively. I think I've been fairly moderate..although more on the side of working out and logging somewhat obbsessively. will keep working on that.

I also wanted to try something new, which i have. i am 3/4 way through my TRX class and tried out a yoga for runners class which was great! I am having fun with it :)

Report Post Quote Reply
    abby459
    Joined Mar 2011
    Thu 12/01/11 08:46 AM
    I am in again of course!!

My November goals were:

I still have not hit 140 on the scale (been trying for 3 months now ) but I will get there eventually (at 141.0 now!). But I did focus less on the scale and did worry at all about how slowly it is moving. Been doing good with my p90x/running hybrid, slacked a little on the running this month due to schedule and weather issues, but I would say I made about 85% of my planned workouts! I did up my fruits and veggies and drank 100 oz of water/day!!! All in all I consider it a successful month!!!

December:
    abby459- hit 140lbs (trying yet again!), run 100 miles this month, find a 1/2 marathon to sign up for, and keep my fruits/veggie servings at 4-5/day!!

JessYas- Hi everyone! I have been following Meag's thread since roughly... February? I think!! When I first started MFP, 10lbs pretty much melted off me. I plateaued for about 6 months and then fell off a bit during the fall due to a job change and general laziness. At this point i have gained back 6lbs of the 10 I originally lost (blech!) but it is mostly "holiday" and Thanksgiving weight, so I plan to quickly kick its *kitten*!

Goals: I have set-up a weight-lifting regimen and plan to keep it. I want to do weights starting off 2x/week and work up to 3x/week. Second, I am training for a 1/2 marathon on January 15th. If I could finish that in less than 2.5 hours, I would consider that a success! And last- I would like to lose 11lbs by my birthday in March. This means losing the 6 I gained back plus 5 more. For December (and I'm being generous to myself for the holiday) that means I need to lose 2-3lbs.

Thanks to Meag and everyone else for all the support, and good luck with your December goals!!!
  • mkingraham
    Options
    JessYas: I have set-up a weight-lifting regimen and plan to keep it. I want to do weights starting off 2x/week and work up to 3x/week. Second, I am training for a 1/2 marathon on January 15th. If I could finish that in less than 2.5 hours, I would consider that a success! And last- I would like to lose 11lbs by my birthday in March. This means losing the 6 I gained back plus 5 more. For December (and I'm being generous to myself for the holiday) that means I need to lose 2-3lbs.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm back! I need a bit of a challenge! I have no idea what my goals will be, but I'll be back with them soon enough! I did run my marathon on November 5th, did pretty well (beat all 3 of my goal times, except for my "dream" time) and finished with a HUGE smile on my face! December will see me focusing on eating more, and losing a pound or 2. I also have surgery that will take me away from running/intense exercise for a week...which means I.am.going.to.go.crazy (and be in pain). Trying to focus on strength (particularly core) and on doing my PT exercises, I might be out of PT but I can just as easily fall back into my injuries needing PT again on a regular basis. And PT = time + money! Oh I also hit my other big goal of the year: 1000 miles running! BAM!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Definitely in again!! :bigsmile:

So my goals for November were: GreenHumanClay: Continue working out 5-6xs per week (running 4xs) since I'm increasing distance 4xs is plenty, increase running to 8 miles, run a 10k, hydrate well, lose 3-5lbs, continue zig zagging and weight training 2xs per week!
    I did continue working out 5-6 times per week sometimes even all 7 days, did run most 4 days a week sometimes 3 sometimes 5 but that was a success big time, increased my mileage to 8 miles and ran a 10k in 60:00:09 chip time Nov. 24th! Need to hydrate better somedays I drink 8 others 6 so i have to up that for sure! Lost 3.5-4lbs this month not exactly sure but at least 3.5lbs, have continued zig zagging and have weight trained 2-3 times per week, all in all I"d say i hit 90% of my goals excellent month IMO!!!

JessYas: I have set-up a weight-lifting regimen and plan to keep it. I want to do weights starting off 2x/week and work up to 3x/week. Second, I am training for a 1/2 marathon on January 15th. If I could finish that in less than 2.5 hours, I would consider that a success! And last- I would like to lose 11lbs by my birthday in March. This means losing the 6 I gained back plus 5 more. For December (and I'm being generous to myself for the holiday) that means I need to lose 2-3lbs.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia): Increase my running distance to 9 miles, hydrate well min 64oz per day, weight train 2-3xs/week, eat more fruits and veggies, sign up for a 15k for either late Dec. or Jan. lose 2-4 lbs ( getting close to my goal weight makes it more difficult), run+workout 5-6xsper week with running being 3-4 xs and fit in a size 4 by NYE! iffy on that one lol!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Anddd I'm back - After one hell of a long day, I am back to commit myself to another month of working towards making ME happy and healthy. It's not always a raging success but all I can do is give it a varsity try...

In November, I was focused on the following:
    meagalayne- not log more than 5 days for the month (eat well and intuitively), continue an effort to get 2x lunch breaks a week, more water, sleep and more reading (mental and emotional health win!), and work on enjoying every single working - getting back to basics!
    I was very successful at not logging, eating well about 75% of the time, but mostly following habitual eating routines instead of eating intuitively - I basically eat the same things every day and know the exact macro nutrient profiles of most of my meals, so it's impossible not to log mentally. With that said, I didn't write down a single morsel eaten and I didn't look ANY foods up in the database. Win.
    I did not take 2x lunch breaks a week any week in November, to the best of my knowledge. Maybe once if at all. This week I got exactly zero breaks at work, however I did take a mental health day yesterday and have a much needed vacation day tomorrow. I also had a day off Nov 18th and am working at stepping away from my desk for 3-5 mins here and there just to give my eyes and head a break. Work stress is resulting in epic headaches every day right now so I need to do something.
    Water, sleep and reading - I made SOME progress, but it was minimal. Back on those this month (again!).
    Lastly, my final goal was a subconscious typo which goes to show how much energy I expend on work and work related things. It meant to read "enjoying every single day" - Definitely something I need to work harder at. November was a very emotional and trying month for me but I am positive that December will be better. I have SO much to look forward to!

On that note, my goals are going to be two fold - some relating to every day life and efforts, and others relating to my holidays and vacations. I am going to continue not logging my food and weighing myself every week. I started the month out around 123lbs and I have maintained between 122-124lbs the whole month, so no worries on that front. Just need to focus on healthy food choices and not over-eating, and we're good.

GreenHumanClay (Cynthia): Increase my running distance to 9 miles, hydrate well min 64oz per day, weight train 2-3xs/week, eat more fruits and veggies, sign up for a 15k for either late Dec. or Jan. lose 2-4 lbs ( getting close to my goal weight makes it more difficult), run+workout 5-6xsper week with running being 3-4 xs and fit in a size 4 by NYE! iffy on that one lol!!
    meagalayne- More sleep, water and reading than November; focus on healthy food choices and taking personal breaks at work to maintain balance and mitigate stress while at work and while traveling; PR my 10 mile race under 1:37:30; log 30 miles total while in New Orleans and enjoy the local food, drink and atmosphere without guilt.

This month brings my 25th birthday, my first "real" family Christmas (as my family doesn't celebrate but Tyler's does and I will be attending this time around), and my first big trip alone. Lots of first and thus a lot of opportunity to prove to myself that I can kick some *kitten* when the going gets tough. I know that I am up for the challenge and I am determined to make the most of this busy time of year.

Oh and lastly - Find a new freaking job! Job searching is priority #1 this month. Figuring out the rest will follow :bigsmile:

Thank you guys all so much for getting this list going and posting such inspired goals for the month. I am so excited to start fresh and attack this month with you all :drinker: Welcome to any newbs -- Make yourself at home! Will follow up with a more directed post in a few hours when I have some extra time. For now, signing off. Much love, support and encouragement, Pals. :heart:
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Well ladies by this time tomorrow I will hopefully (fingers crossed) have successfully completed my race plan for the 15k! Its going to be a really cold one- in the mid 30s and hopefully not to windy even though we are running along the river. But with over 20,000 participants I am really excited for the atmosphere during the race and of course the hot chocolate that will await me at the finish line! I will let you ladies know how it goes tomorrow!! Have a great Friday!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey pals! Sitting down to dinner in a few minutes... Just wanted to post in response to a few things first!

I had a great vacation day, despite a poor night's sleep and feeling very ill today. In no condition to run today unfortunately, or workout, due to illness and my hip being very sore, but Friday is usually my rest day anyway so it's OK. I have spin on the agenda tomorrow morning. Spent the day doing some shopping for winter wear and then working on my resume and cover letter. Made a lot of progress and feel good about it :bigsmile:

Megan - Woot woot!! :drinker: Rock on with your run tomorrow, lady. You don't need any luck - I know you're going to be awesome. Get out there and run your butt off!

Emily - Fabulous NSV again, missy. Sounds like you've got such awesome supportive friends, co-workers and acquaintances around. It's so nice when people recognize our hard work and help up to celebrate our successes. Congrats girlie :bigsmile: Very very brutal about the capcaisin, though :ohwell: Oh my gee that sounds terrible. I used to work as a border guard in a past life and I know how bad that stuff can be on your skin... Hope its feeling better very soon! Definitely a good distraction from your muscle soreness though...:frown: I mean....

Welcome back everyone and hello NEWBS! Love all your goals so far and am very happy to start this month out right! Congrats to those who met their goals for Nov and for those of us still working at them, I know we'll make the best of December! It's going to be a great month! :bigsmile:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Let's do thhhiiissss!

Emily- YYAAYYYYY!!!! That is so exciting, and those compliments are so motiving. And girl 4lbs is awesome!

Meag- hope you are feeling better!!! Stomach bug?

Megan- good luck tomorrow on your 15k! Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

Cynthia- welcome back! You are totally going to hit all of your goals!

abby- you will get to that 140! And great job on the water! How are you liking your new treadmill ?

jill-good job on running your marathon! Sorry to hear you have to have surgery, hope everything goes well and you have a quick recovery?

AFM: I don't remember my november goals, but I will go check later. Today..I am not really sure what happened but I went cray cray with eating and let me tell you I regret it. I want to die. I am so full, the thought of how much I ate is making me sick. Okay..so a little dramitc but thats what happens when i forget my lunch, bad things happen. I still hate my job and my boss. It was a great week with her, hearing I am not pretty enough for her liking all 5 days. They varied in content, I mean gotta keep it fresh..but the essential message was the same. Love her....

I did however get some fab news...I particpiated in this departmental theater design competition and I got 2nd place!!! Which means I am going to regionals and the convention registration fee is waived for me :) I also applied for a design position of some sort for the spring show, and I got lead (student) scenic designer! So yay life !!!!

So for december goals: Stop drinking darn diet soda! Idk where i got this habbit, I never drink it....I need to log again, I just am not strong enough in my food knowledge not too so i am going to start logging everyday again. I want to 30 min of some type of exercise 6 days a week. And finally I am going to do something that I find relaxing WITHOUT feeling guilty about "wasting time" at least once a week, otherwise I might go insane working at my job.

lalonmeg000(meghan)- at least 30 min of exercise 6 days a week, No more soda! Even diet!!!, log everyday on here or my writen food journal! find something relaxing and do it for an hour a week.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Fabulous goals Meg! I love them and it seems like your taking every step to make the most of your December :-) congratulations on regionals, too! How exciting :-)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hwy ladies,

super tired today burnt out from the week so I will be posting short.

Thanks Meghan Going to try my hardest to meet all of them! Good luck with regionals and doing something nice for yourself once a week sounds like a great goal!!

Meag Good job fixing up your resume that stuff is tedious but you're on your way to another job good luck with the search they'll be lucky to have such a hard working person but you better take those lunch breaks at your future job hopefully sooner than later you can find a place that actually appreciates your hard work! Hope you are better :flowerforyou: read your post sounds like you're a bit sick, have a great workout doing Spin tomorrow!!

Megan Let us know how you do and make sure you take it easy don't want to overexert being preggo! Have fun tomorrow!! :flowerforyou: Hope the weather isn't too brutal, the gloves and headbands work well if you don't already have them!!

Emily It's always awesome having ppl give us compliments, and I know those classes your are taking are brutal but boy do you feel awesome after and once the soreness goes aways you will notice how much stronger you become!! keep at it!

AFM I did my bootcamp/kickboxing today and it went well. I received a gift from one the parents @ work for working well with their son, Victoria Secret lotion and perfume and a starbucks gift card. Actually I haven't drank coffee since Sunday trying to slow down and eventually give it up so far so good and no headaches yet! I also got my hair fully done had to break it up in two sessions to achieve the color I wanted I'll post a pic later! had a delicious cupcake, I want to cut down on the sugar too so many goals but little by little these small changes make a significant difference. Loving the bootcamp/circuit training classes have attended 7 classes and I swear I already see new muscle definition, for Saturday I have a core class. That class is the most difficult for me since thats my weak spot once that is over taking a jog with a friend at a trail should be fun not sure how far just want to get out there! thats it for me ladies hope everyone had a great Friday and an even better Saturday!! Good night ladies of to read!! :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Ughhh Good morning fabulous ladies :ohwell: As some of you may know, I am battling with a MAJOR upset stomach. Not sure what's up. It's not so much nausea, as bloating and cramping and awfulness. I still have my appetite - duh! like that would go away :grumble: - but I can't do any exercise without getting incredibly painful cramps and I can feel my stomach gurgling and bubbling away all day long. Too much info? Sorry :blushing:

Either way, I tried my damnedest to get to the gym this AM and it was all for not. The dog had us up ALL night again, barking like an idiot for god knows what reason, and then I crawled out of bed at 730am to get to the gym despite feeling like absolute crud. I managed 10 mins of spinning before my body just could not go on any longer - wayyy too much cramping and grossness. Walked for 5 mins and then went home. Felt like a ridiculous waste of time and I am *so* pissed about it. Especially since I could have slept instead. God, I am too stubborn for my own good some days.

Thanks Cynthia :flowerforyou: I hope for all of those things too, especially an appreciative work environment that contributes to a healthy and happy future for me instead of the toxic one I am in now.

Plans for today are supposed to be going out of town with Tyler to explore a new city and check out an Ontario craft brewery... We shall see how that goes :ohwell:

Have a great Saturday dearests!:heart:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Megan - Hope your race went well...cant wait to hear about it!! And let me say how amazing I think you are for getting out there and still doing a 15k while pregnant!!! That is so impressive!! :bigsmile:

Emily - Congrats on your NSV!!! It always feels soo good when people take notice to your weight loss and all of your hard work. I know for me, it always helps me to keep going.

Meghan - WOW...your boss sounds like a total ***** :devil: I dont know how you deal with that everyday!! Someone being so brutal to me would totally crush my spirit.....kudos to you for handling it so well!!! And a big congrats on you theater successes!! Sounds like you are doing awesome!!!

Cynthia - You are doing soo wonderful with all of your classes and still getting your runs in!! I dont know how you find the time or energy...I wish I could steal some of yours...haha!! And definately post pics of the new hair-do soon!! I would love to see it!!

Meag - Sorry to hear that you arent feeling well at all :ohwell: But you do need to give your body some rest!! Stay in bed and relax today!! I cant help but to say that, its the nurse in me. Glad to hear you got your new resume ready though....I know that job searching sucks, but hopefully you find somewhere less stressful and somewhere that appreciates you more!!

AFM- I had a wonderful trail run yesterday....we had a surprising 58degree day here...so I got out there and did a nice paced 7.5 mile run. It felt great, I havent gotten in a longer run in quite awhile. It was much needed. Then treated myself to a nice homemade pasta dinner with turkey meatballs...I felt like I earned it!! Nothing else exciting going on here....just lots of work and trying to fit in my runs and p90x...doing my best!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :drinker:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Meag Hope you feel better and your plans go as planned. :smile:

Abby Amazing job with your 7.5 mile trail run. :wink:

AFM I did my core/circuit training this morning and it kicked my *kitten*, was supposed to go for a trail run with a friend in a bit but she canceled and Im still deciding if I should go but I think Im going to catch up with some errands, cleaning and attend my brothers moving away dinner, well i was going to that anyways but I do have a run planned for tomorrow so that is going to happen, maybe Ill hit the gym in the pm today if I get antsy!! Thats it for me ladies not too many inhere but I will be back on either tonight r tomorrow, have a great Saturday!!:bigsmile: Cynthia
  • believeinmagic
    Options
    I'm in! I need a motivation considering I'm having a very hard time losing these last 10-15 pounds :)

Goals for December: drink more water, eat 3 cups of veggies a day,cut back on the junk food and finish the 30DS.