Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    HEY LADIES! December 13th already :noway: Where has the month gone!?

Alright, well I'm back from New Orleans much too soon! Had a fabulous trip, did lots of running and much more walking, and ate/drank an absolute TON of garbage. I am in need of a major diet overhaul, as I'm feeling a tad too much like the "fat kid" at camp, but that's all part and parcel of vacationing. I know I've gained some weight lately and my choices have been really quite terrible. Eating a lot due to stress and then convenience and it's just all no good. But I am determined to make better choices, starting with trying to avoid the kitchen at work at ALL COSTS. It's totally filled to the brims with customer "gifts" of godiva chocolates, edible arrangements, fabulous cookies and truffles, and peanut brittle. You name it. It's a mad house. So I am just avoiding all of it, starting tomorrow of course :blushing: The peanut brittle was way too tempting to resist today! Sigh... and after such a bad weekend of binging too! Ah well - fresh starts!

My weekend was truly amazing and a great way to spend ring in a quarter century. Instead of regaling you with stories, I'll show you a bit of what I did while I was there...

Some awesome runs...
    http://runkeeper.com/user/MeagAlayne/activity/62441865
    http://runkeeper.com/user/MeagAlayne/activity/62527274
    http://runkeeper.com/user/MeagAlayne/activity/62627096
    Great beer and fabulous company...
    IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    Debauchery and music in the streets...
    IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0162.jpg
    And I have a few other scenic pics on my phone, but I haven't uploaded those yet. It was such a wonderful trip. I took very few pictures but saw so much while I was there. Running truly was an amazing way to see parts of the city. And I was very fortunate that the weather allowed me to run and walk everywhere while I was there. I only managed about 15 hours of sleep all weekend, due to no sleep Thursday night and only about 2 hours on Saturday, but the exhaustion was what I signed up for! Today was no better at work, but tomorrow should be better. And heck, it's already Wednesday! Bring on the weekend! :drinker:

Abby - I hope you are feeling better very soon! Not being able to fit my cals in would be a SURE sign that I was sick as a dog! It would have to take a major flu or stomach bug to make me *that* sick. Sending lots of good vibes your way!

Cynthia - thank you! I had such a wonderful trip :bigsmile: Love yoga for all it's healing, stretching, and strengthening properties. It's a great way to relax, re-center, and also get a good stretch or workout, depending on the type of yoga you are doing. It's great for the body, mind and soul! :bigsmile: Let me know how you like the chocolate protein! I love mine and use it all the time for all different purposes. If you need any suggestions, let me know. I'd suggest my signature protein brownies, but I don't want to talk myself up :blushing: Any luck on the protein and breakfast suggestions from last week? I hope you managed to get some protein cooked on Sunday for the week. I was lucky enough to have my mom cook up some extra chicken for me this week and so I've been able to prep some easy salads for lunches with pico, shredded chicken, and balsamic vinegar. Go-to lunch! Love it :bigsmile:

Megan - Thanks lady! I had SUCH a good time. Did you mean beignets? (http://www.cafedumonde.com/beignet.html) I'm not a fan of beignets, personally, but I hear they are all the rage! I ended up not eating much local food at all, to be honest, because I found an amazing burrito/mexican place that made crazy delicious and HUGE vegan burritos packed with veggies and it seemed like the only place I could eat real, fresh, vegetables in the city. I couldn't help myself! :laugh: as for local foods, I drank a *kitten*-ton of chicory coffee and a lot of MS/LA beer... does that count? and some Ben & Jerry's when I was running on fumes, totally exhausted at the airport :blushing: Yeaaaaa not the best food weekend! haha Congrats and happy to hear that the baby is doing so well and that you are so healthy and happy. Sounds like you've got a great plan of attack for this pregnancy and doing it right. 30 mins a day is perfect! Make it count, Megan! :drinker:

Alright - Better get ready for bed! It's already after 10pm and I'm drained! Sleep tight my dearies :heart:
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Almost 11pm and I can't keep my eyes open so I will post tomorrow sorry ladies good night! Glad you're back Meag you were definitely missed!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Thanks lady! I am soooo happy to be back! Definitely need to get myself back on track! Keep me accountable ladies :bigsmile:

Today's goals:
    a) Get 7 hours of sleep - DONE! I got about 6 3/4 but thats pretty damn close!
    b) Avoid ALL work treats, at least for a day. Serious now. I need to reign that in!
    c) Run intervals at the gym after work for 45 minutes, no excuses and no cutting out early - despite my hatred for the TM
    d) Get back to making healthy food choices - 90%/10% living this week!

That last one is going to be tough, because we have our work Xmas party tomorrow from 1pm-5pm and then on Friday I've got a Xmas party down with Tyler's family... Both of which will involve loads of really terrible food. I am planning to just avoid as much as I can and eat well before/after. Still have to speak with Tyler about what we're bringing to eat at his family function... Reminds me to do that tonight!

OK I better run. Work calls. Here's hoping for a better day at work today! Have a great Wednesday chicas! :drinker:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Meag I like the chocolate protein so far I have made a shake out of it and added it to my oatmeal which I like with bananas! I would love to try your Protein Brownies and I also plan on making it with banana/chocolate protein to make flour less pancakes, we'll see how they come out! Glad you had an awesome trip and even more vacay time soon, thats the best! I Hope you hit all your goals today!

AFM Tuesday I did the stairs and pushed myself and ran all the way up 12 stories non-stop my heart was POUNDING more so than running and did 7-sets, great cardio and toning for the booty and legs where I seem to carry lots of weight. I then did Gentle Yoga but nothing about it was gentle, I should've known when the instructor said this gentle class will be a bit more challenging yet gentle at the same time, PSYCHE more so challenging but it was well-worth it plus great music selection from the teacher!

Wednesday I had my bootcamp/circuit training which is sadly coming to an end very soon 12/19 and also Vinyasa which is only intermediate level but so freaking difficult, I find all my weaknesses but know where I need improvement but at the same time I find my strengths thanks to circuit training. Today had been an exhausting day had to work with very difficult children and write a report uuggggh also had peppermint pretzels that were freaking delicious from Trader Joes and a mini CHOCOLATE cupcake, I think i didn't feel guilty 1. because Im pms'n and I feel entitled and 2. because I weighed in and have consistently for the past months lost a pound per week. :big smile:. My food choices were ok not great not horrible. Only 2.6 pounds away from my GW and I think I will definitely reconsider and shoot for 115 and see how I feel then, Im only 5'0 so I am still a bit chubby. Thats it for me ladies until tomorrow Good night! :yawn:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been super tired by the time I get home at night and its so hard to get up in the mornings partially because I wake up around 3 times a night to go pee. ARGH! But I am just trying to listen to my body. At the same time I think I am making some excuses about exercising and not really making as much of an effort as I should be. I need to refocus because I know exercising will help me rest better. I don't have time to read and catch up with everyone but I hope you all are doing great- At least Cynthia and Meag who seem to be holding us down!

XOXO
    Megan
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meag - Love the pics from your trip!! It looks like you had an amazing time! And glad to hear that you got a lot of running in too!! Even if the eating wasnt perfect, you have to let loose and enjoy yourself....you'll get right back on track. I have the same problem with all the holiday treats coming into work....its horribly tempting everyday!! Luckily, since I have been sick it hasnt been as hard for me to resist, I still have little appetite.

Cynthia - Sounds like you did awesome on those stairs....bet your thighs and butt were sore the next day!!! Hills and stairs always kill me!! And dont feel guilty about your little treats....you earned it with all those workouts!! That is SOOOOO exciting that you are so close to your goal weight!!! And you can change it if you feel the need, but see how you feel and look at your goal weight...and enjoy that you have made it so far!!! CONGRATS!!!

Megan - hope your body sorts itsself out soon...they say that the 1st trimester is the worst....are you out of that one yet??? Relax and do your best!!

AFM - Still fighting the end of this sinus infection....getting better but not back to normal yet....barely any appetite and havent worked out at all really. I tried to run on monday but felt like I was dying and couldnt breathe after just 15mins....so I havent tried again yet. I am hoping to get a jog in on the treadmill tomorrow. But I know my body needs to rest and recover, so I am trying not to push it too hard. And trying to eat a little more each day!! I'll keep ya posted!!
  • secretangel
    Options
    bump
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm around...just have been busy with life and work. Major deadline at work has resulted in 10-12 hours work days for the last 2 weeks. I have my wisdom tooth extraction tomorrow and I'm not going under anesthesia (my choice) so it'll be interesting. Hopefully will avoid taking the painkillers (I don't do well on them) and will bounce back quick. I can't run or workout strenuously for a whole week...I don't not not work out. I took 2 rest days marathon week and I nearly ran over every driver on the road. Just got Chalean Extreme tonight (off eBay)...hoping it's a legit copy. I love Chalene!

I'll be back for real post-surgery tomorrow. Oh,and I'm working from home in the afternoon. Dedicated? Or stupid? ;)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Megan I bet your tired hope you can sleep without having too many trips to the potty, gosh I wonder how I will do when I plan a pregnancy in the far future ;) I already get up and pee soo much lol. Maybe take a nice long walk with your hubby that should make you feel better and you'll get some QT with him, hope you get some good rest tonight!! :smile:

Abby That sinus infection sounds like a pain the *kitten*, I have had sinus infections in the past and OMGosh they are annoying since you can't breathe & always feel congested, really hoping you feel 100% better by tomorrow or at least enough to have a normal appetite and continue to do what like as far as working out and getting in a good run! But rest up for sure workouts are not going anywhere hope you feel better sending health vibes all the way to Ohio sending sending
    > sent :flowerforyou:
    And thanks I really am trying to take in all the progress I have made but realizing that to change my body it's really going to take more time than I thought which Im completely fine with. The stairs didn't make me too sore since I do them often but bootcamp kicked my *kitten*, we did legs and gluteus yesterday and boy my booty is super sore I can't even sit on the toilet lol sorry tmi!

AFM I had an okay day still cramping but not TOM yet Im sure I'll get it Saturday when I celebrate my b-day lol. I took it easy since I have been doing yoga/boot camps and stairs mainly double workouts, so today I decided to have a night in and rent "The Help" and enjoy some hot cocoa alone so that is exactly what I did and no exercise feels great but over ate! Tomorrow back to the usual routine and do my 6am bootcamp which is kickboxing hopefully my butt can take all the kicking since it's sore and then candle light yoga after work with my co-worker the best part of the day. I then plan to either go shopping Friday night which Im sure I'll be too lazy/tired for but I need an outfit for saturday night celebrating my 28th b-day actual b-day the 21st but the following weekend everyone has plans and it's x-mas time so I will celebrate early with some friends and family. Saturday I plan on doing a mani-pedi and make sure I have something to wear! thants it for me ladies hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and great weekend!! TGIF :bigsmile:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    @Jill - Dedicated AND stupid :tongue: Takes one to know one! hahaha Sorry to hear about the surgery and all but very happy to hear how positive you sound about everything. I should take a page from that book!

@Cynthia - Happy early birthday if I forget! I hope you have a fantastic time with whatever you do :bigsmile:

Sorry for the short reply, but I've got to head down to Ty's for the first of two family Christmas events... Today and yesterday have been majorly tough for me. It seems that getting back to life after my holidays has been harder than anticipated. I've been job hunting like it's job (yea, seriously) to get me out that place.It's taking sooo much effort and time, so I hope it really pans out. Otherwise I've been incredibly lazy and tired, and not exercising at all apart from some speed intervals on Wednesday. I am hoping to run some more on the weekend... Weighed myself this AM and I am up 4.5lbs over 2 weeks :ohwell: Not good news. Gotta get myself back on track and stop snacking on so many office treats! that + regular exercise should help me shed some of this weight again...

We'll see how it goes. Cannot wait for the holidays to be over already! Bring on the new year :drinker:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Laides or Meag lol

This post is soo slow getting tired of seeing my own pic lol wth happened wheres everyone @???

Meag you can easily get back on track you have come a long way don't fret too much plus you are lean and toned already!!

So I did my usual kickboxing yesterday and went shopping after work skipped Yoga since I decided to visit the grams first since she's not doing to well from a staff infection!

Saturday i did my bootcamp/core class and finished my shopping finally not x-mas shopping but outfit for my b-day shopping and I must say it's very exhausting, have plans to meet some friends and family @ a new Lounge so i might not be on here too much tomorrow well thats its for me ladies have a great night and enjoy the rest of your weekend!! Cynthia
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Miss you lovelies!! Life has been a little crazy lately between work, the kids getting sick, birthday festivities, and all of the little stuff that fills in the rest of my time. Weighed in today (the day after my bday) and the number showed 142. I will so take that number and hopefully can keep it up with all of the holiday treats that have been in the office and Christmas breakfast and dinner that are not too far away. Can't believe that there are just days left of 2011. Hopefully I will get a chance to check in with everyone soon. Hope everyone is doing great!! :bigsmile:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    So I think I'm a bit committed, or need to be committed... or both?

Tried to fit as much running as I could this week (worked 10-12 hour days every day) before my forced week off running starting yesterday post-surgery. Strength training wasn't a priority I had time for after long days. Today I realized I had only done strength once this week (my weeks are M-Sun) and knew I needed to do it today. Well I have absolutely no appetite or energy, but after 70 minutes of cardio, I came home, ate some egg whites, rested on the couch for hours, and did my strength at 10 PM. ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit 2 and Ab Burner. Holy man, my arms have never been so shaky and my abs, phew! I thought my core strength was improving. But I guess added 10-15 pounds of weight to your floor exercises and twisting will do that to your abs. Holy man! My arms are shaking and I'm beat and need to eat, but I will for real read through and catch up tomorrow.

Oh yeah, signed up for the next marathon. First one was November 5th, second one is March 18th:happy:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Jill - I know its so hard to rest and not work out...but try your best!! Maybe sneak in a little walking if you can!! And awesome for signing up for another marathon.....I am soo jealous, I wish I had the endurance to do a marathon!!!

Guam - Happy Belated birthday!!! I think that 142 is an awesome number!! And I have the same goal in mind of just not gaining through the holidays...thats hard enuogh without tryiing to actually lose weight!! I will be happy if I maintain!!

Cynthia - Sorry your grams isnt doing well...staph infections can be brutal!! Sending thoughts and prayers your way!!! And I think it was OK to skip yoga for that reason, totally justified. Hope you had a wonderful birthday night out!! Let us know all about it!!

Meag - How did the dinner with Ty's family go?? Its hard to stay on track with the holidays and all of the food that the season brings. I saw that you logged your food yesterday...are you going to start logging again?? Hopefully the job search is going well, any prospects yet??

AFM - I think that I am finally over my sinus infection!! I was able to run on Friday and Sat...got in 10 miles between the 2 days, so not bad at all. Hopefully getting another run in tonight too!! Feels good to be back. I still havent recovered my appetite though...been struggling just to get over 1000 cals/day still, which I know isn't good for me. But I have no sense of smell still and things dont taste right yet, so it's been hard. But we had a little work lunch-in today, and I did eat some ravioli with vodka sauce....that adds in a chunk of calories for me. And I weighed this AM and I am down to 138.9 from 140.4 last week. I never lose weight that quickly, so I know its all from being sick and I havent logged it yet...not sure if I should. I guess I will weigh again tomorrow and see if its the same.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Abby - The dinner with Ty's family went *hungry* - girllll let me tell you! There was NOTHING good to eat :laugh: Thank goodness we brought a garden salad! I munched on that and some raw veggies and I had 1/2 a slice of really awful unsatisfying pizza and that was about it. Lots of coffee and water. And then I just called it a night. Ah well :wink: I could definitely use a night of less intake after my trip. I hope you are feeling better now and that you're not working too hard if you're not eating enough due to illness. That can definitely be a problem over a longer period of time. Make sure you are giving yourself ample time to recover - some light-moderate exercise is fine but no major workouts if you're still sick. Be kind to yourself :happy: And get better!

Jill - Your posts (and workout logs) along with so many others on my news feed is reallllly getting me thinking about these video programs. I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't like being stuck working out in front of my monitor (having no TV and limited floor space has been my main barrier to trying these out) instead of at the gym or outdoors, but so many people seem to love them. Which ONE video or program would you recommend for building strength? Maybe I'll see about treating myself in the new year :huh: Happy to see you registered for another marathon you crazy runner you! Hoping I can muster the energy and nerve (read: insanity) to sign up for one in April... Only time will tell!

Bethany - So nice to hear from you, stranger :tongue: Hope you are faring well with all the stress of the season's festivities and upcoming holidays with your kids. I know that the holidays can be extra tough for single parents and I wish there was some way for me to help! Looks like food and goal-wise you are doing awesome given everything you have to navigate. Just keep it up and do your best around all the holiday treats. You are amazing :wink:

AFM - Another week! The last before the holidays, at least. I am really just hoping this week FLYS by, I hear back from a few jobs, and I can get moving on with the rest of my life. I have spin class with Crazy Carl tonight, and I'm dragging Ty along so he can experience the pain and suffering that I love so much :laugh: As you mentioned Abby, I'm back to logging my food because I need desperately to get back on track. So far, so good. Just need to stick with it. As for the rest of the week I'm just going to put my head down and try to make it through. Hope I can keep up around here but who knows!

Have a great week everyone :heart: Make it count!

Meag
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a slow month only 3 pages! Hope everyone is doing well, later tonight I will go back through and catch up with what everyoone has been up too.

AFM: Finals are officially done, and it only took me 3 years, but finally manager a 4.0! Started my production meetings for the show I am designing and couldn't be more excited. I had my MRI this morning so now just gotta wait for the results to come in. As far as December goals (since we are half way done with the month, which is just crazy!) not so good. Finals got the best of me. Back on track today though, already had 4 servings of fruits and a serving of veggies! I am going to make the best of the last half and really try and knock my goals out of the park.

promise I will go back tonight and see what y'all have been up to :) Missed everyone, and I vow to not be a stranger on her anymore!
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    okay so first I saw this on pinterest and idk...I feel like is a lot of calories to eat.

the pic wont post so here is the formula. [4.35 x your weight in lbs] + [4.7 x age in yrs] + [4.7 x height in inches] + 655

that is supposed to equal how much you need to eat each day just to survive.

Any thoughts? Or am I doing my math wrong? That would mean I need to eat 1850 calories. I generally range somewhere from 1200-1450.

Anywho,

Meag- by the pics looks like you had a blast in NOLA. Bitter sweet I guess about the dinner with Ty's family lol

Cynthia- What is Trader Joe's? And great job! You are so close to your GW ! I know we are all so very proud of you :) Hope you had a wonderful birthday as well :)

abby- glad you are feeling better I know sinus infections and knock the life right out of you!

today was great(ish)- I didn't realize how much I had gotten off eating wise, so although yes I did it! I stayed in my calorie rang, ate food at home rather than spending money on fast food, and drank only water all day....my body is going through its ," I need fast food, a soda, some coffee, and a cookie" phase. I am making myself hold strong through the week knowing Christmas will kick my butt.

have a great day tomorrow everyone, I am off to bed, gotta be at work at 7am!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Im here sorry i didn't post yesterday but I will actually be posting tomorrow don't have the energy after a ****ty *kitten* day @ work ut i promise Ill be here tomorrow!! :) Good night hope you all have a terrific Tuesday! :yawn:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Sorry I have been MIA. Its been a struggle to find the balance between work and getting enough rest and even trying to find the energy to fit in a workout. This whole growing another human being inside of you is exhausting work. So I feel like I have let you ladies down by not joining in on the conversation. I promise I'm still here, and they say any minute now I should expect to have more energy so I am hoping that gives me the boost and I can get back into things. The other thing that is hard, I'm not counting calories beacuse I don't need too which makes logging on here an easy thing to cut out even though I really care about you ladies and all that you are doing. Any ways, basically I am saying sorry for sucking lately :) I promise I am trying really hard and I want you guys to be a priority, I love this group and what it has done for me!

XOXO
    Megan
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    Cynthia- sorry to hear you had a rough day at work! Hope the week gets better for you.

Megan- hope you and the baby are doing well :) And you are not being sucky by anymeans! Take the time to rest when you can, and we will always be here for ya when you get back !

ASF: I am now going to be an obsessive poster so I get back in the habit of posting. Today has been good so far, had me a protien shake and resisted the cake balls at work. No motivation to work out however, I think I am getting bronchitis, but I am going to try and at least go for a brisk walk this afternoon. Till then more christmas shopping to be done!