Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - December Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!

Today I am dying!! My hips and knees are killing me, which would probably be the case even if I wasn't pregnant but with the hormones your body makes to help loosen up the ligiments so your joints can spread it makes it that much worse. But that's just the aftermath.

So here is what went down- the race was suppose to start at 8, there were so many participants- 30,000, and there was no public transportation, so parking was a disaster- even though you had to pay for parking passes and such. So the delayed the race by 30 minutes, but the race didn't end up starting until after 9. But around 8 they got the 5k portion started and told all the 15k participants to start staging. So we stripped down the layers to what we were running in, cause oh yeah it was like 30 degrees, and went to stage, but like I said it didn't start until after 9, so there were 20,000 runners just standing for an hour, needless to say- my feet were numb for the first mile because we got so cold just standing around. But then the first 5k was all downhill so I ran that in 37 minutes which i the fastest I've run a 5k. Then we had to turn around and run up the hill we just ran down. Which wasn't to bad since the elevation wasn't to bad, however the last 5k was super hilly and totally ruined me. i had to walk up all of those hills because they were so steep and it would cause my heart rate to go way up. But I finished in 2:12:15 which is just over a 14 minute mile, which is pretty good considering :)

I am really proud of myself for finishing and I now want to train for a half marathon when I'm not pregnant and actually have the energy throughout the entire training program. Oh and I beat 113 other women so I didn't come in last :)

Today I am going to laze around and let my legs and hips feel better. Have a great day ladies!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Megan - I think that is an amazing time and pace!!! You will totally rock a 1/2 marathon post pregnancy!!!
    Congrats on such a HUGE accomplishment!! :bigsmile:
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Thanks Abby!! :)

Well I am taking today off as well, my hip is feeling much better but still a little sore and my knees aren't quite 100% yet, and the outside of my left foot hurts, I wonder if I ran weird... Any who- I figure after a second day of rest I should be ready to get back at it. Hope you ladies have a great Monday!

Megan
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning! What a long weekend - filled with ups and downs! Started out *very* sick and miserable, but yesterday was a breath of fresh air. I got an awesome long run in despite my illness and the pain in my feet and joints, rocked my new hydration pack which I love, ordered my fave model/brand of shoes online to arrive to my hotel in NOLA before I do, and got an early bday gift from my folks - early registration to the 30K Around the Bay Race in Hamilton. It's "Older than Boston"! :bigsmile: If you are interested in learning more, check it out here: http://www.aroundthebayroadrace.com/

It's actually the oldest road race in North America, and it's a huge affair by Canadian standards :blushing: Nothing like Boston or Chicago or NY but still, 8,000 participants is enormous up here.

I've also been applying for new jobs like, well, it's my job! :laugh: I've really got a fire lit under my *kitten* - I need to leave this place and stat. It means more of my time is divided, but I know that in the end it will make me much happier. Just have to put in the work. Did a ton on Friday and spent a few more hours doing so last night. If I can spend 1-2 hours every night plugging away, it will all be for the better. So sorry about my pending absenteeism on the thread - but what else is new!

Congrats on your finish and your time Megan - that truly is an accomplishment and you should be so proud that you made no excuses, you got it done, and you rocked it! I am very sorry to hear about the massive delay though - that is so miserable and can totally ruin an event! I had a 40 min delay on my first ever 10K race on Hallowe'en last year and it was absolutely brutal. So hard to get warmed up and stay warmed up, especially if you're stripped down to your running gear :ohwell: But you made it! If there's one thing us distance runners have going for us, it's that were stubborn as hell and we're not about to let a little cold weather stand in the way of meeting our goals :bigsmile:

Abby - Love all your trail running lately and would love to hit them with you! You are totally rocking it, lady :bigsmile: Way to go!

Cynth - thanks lady :) We did end up going to Guelph, despite my illness, and it was alright. Not the best day but we made due. What did you end up decided with regards to your run? I hope you got it in anyway! A good run does wonders for your mental health and to relieve any stress you might have. Either way I'm sure you got in some killer workouts this weekend. You always seem to smash it!

OK Gotta hit the road. Work, then spin, then errands and job searching tonight. 4 more days of work before NOLA. Bring on the birthday trip! :drinker: (can you tell Im slightly excited? lol)
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I will post tomorrow taking a day from working out and might leave work early SUPER EXHAUSTED it has finally caught up to me.. Till tomorrow hope you ladies had a greta day Have a better Tuesday!!:yawn:
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello there Lovelies!! Its the 5th and I'm finally checking in with y'all!

December is going to be a struggle for me on many counts! There will be tons of birthday/holiday festivities and goods coming in the office non-stop. But my biggest struggle is money right now. As some of you know, I'm a single mama to 2 wonderful kids. I don't get monetary support from either of their fathers and this time of year things are extremely tight! So I'm hoping to do my best with what I'm given. I am really trying to listen to my body the most...eat when I'm hungry, stop eating when I begin to feel full, and not overindulge just cause it tastes good. I'm hoping that paired with some great exercise will make things happen this month!! A great way to celebrate my 30th birthday in just 11 days will be shedding the excess baggage that I have been carrying around for years.

Let's make 2011 count Lovelies!!

Quote of the day - "We're given second chances every day of our life. We don't usually take them, but they're there for the taking." Andrew M. Greeley
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Meag Glad you were still able to go on your lil trip, as for me I ended up not running after core class and just got caught up with errands cleaning and other things busy day anyway but I did manage 6 miles on Sunday so that was great! Your trip sounds fun and going solo sounds even better actually!! The race you are running sounds awesome!! a 30 k wow someday I'll get there!!

Bethany This month seems to be a bit of a struggle for me too so far, I think my routines have finally caught up to me. Sounds like you're going to be listening to your body and eat intuitively which seems great, I would like to start doing that eventually so I don't always rely on MFP, hang in there this can be a tough month especially in your circumstance, keep doing what your doing and with great exercises you'll be shedding the "baggage" 11 days woohoo Im on a countdown for mine too lol!! :happy:

AFM

Sunday I ran my 6 miles and it was a nice easy run

Monday I was a bit more hard core and did my bootcamp/circuit training class at 6am, then did a set of 5.5 stairs which is about 66 stories high in total and I ran 4 miles after work and did some weight training that I didn't even bother logging and I crashed out at 8:30 pm last night, thats a first in like EVER!! A bit sore today around my pit area from all the push-ups so I will definitely be taking a rest day haven't had one in a while my body definitely needs it I can feel it, might leave work early too since last week I came in early and left late on most days so it balances out, I just want to come home cook dinner, prep everything for the next day since it's back to the normal grind and read Eat Pray Love barely started it last night. I'd say watch TV but haven't had a tv or cable in over a year sounds crazy I used to be hooked to so many shows and now I don't even know what shows air lol anyways hope you ladies have a great Tuesday I might be logging back in tonight Im sure I will!! :bigsmile:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hello there Lovelies!! Its the 5th and I'm finally checking in with y'all!

December is going to be a struggle for me on many counts! There will be tons of birthday/holiday festivities and goods coming in the office non-stop. But my biggest struggle is money right now. As some of you know, I'm a single mama to 2 wonderful kids. I don't get monetary support from either of their fathers and this time of year things are extremely tight! So I'm hoping to do my best with what I'm given. I am really trying to listen to my body the most...eat when I'm hungry, stop eating when I begin to feel full, and not overindulge just cause it tastes good. I'm hoping that paired with some great exercise will make things happen this month!! A great way to celebrate my 30th birthday in just 11 days will be shedding the excess baggage that I have been carrying around for years.

Let's make 2011 count Lovelies!!

Quote of the day - "We're given second chances every day of our life. We don't usually take them, but they're there for the taking." Andrew M. Greeley

Love the quote and very true!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - your Monday sounds killer!! Glad to see you survived it! I was gonna hit the gym tonight for some much needed Turbo Kick and Hot Hula but its the annual tree lighting ceremony in my hometown so I will be taking my daughter there tonight for some good ol' QT. And I figured the quote was fitting for the last month of the year. Its not over yet so we definitely can make it count.

Hope everyone else's week is off to a great start. Bought the ingredients to make a chili recipe that I found on here. I have made it before but its been a while. But I'm sure it will be delish in this chilly weather.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    olymp1a- break my plateau and lose 2 kgs, burn at least 300 calories daily and complete at least 15 hours of yoga practice.
    raquelena -Ok, my aim is to lose 10lbs (I'm being slightly optimistic about my Christmas restraint :P), log in EVERYTHING, and exercise EVERYDAY. I want to enter 2012 looking lean and mean
    MissGolightly727(Emily)-Complete my 2 weeks of cross-training (MWF from Nov 30-Dec 9). Practice yoga at least once a week. Run twice a week. Try one new activity. Get to 150's!!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Run a 5k three times a week and go for a walk once on the weekends, make healthy eating choices
    eleanoreb- ripped in 30 at least 4 times a week, eat moderately and as healthy as possible over Christmas, try out new recipes! be bikini ready by December 28th when I leave for Argentina!
    abby459- hit 140lbs (trying yet again!), run 100 miles this month, find a 1/2 marathon to sign up for, and keep my fruits/veggie servings at 4-5/day!!
    JessYas: I have set-up a weight-lifting regimen and plan to keep it. I want to do weights starting off 2x/week and work up to 3x/week. Second, I am training for a 1/2 marathon on January 15th. If I could finish that in less than 2.5 hours, I would consider that a success! And last- I would like to lose 11lbs by my birthday in March. This means losing the 6 I gained back plus 5 more. For December (and I'm being generous to myself for the holiday) that means I need to lose 2-3lbs.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia): Increase my running distance to 9 miles, hydrate well min 64oz per day, weight train 2-3xs/week, eat more fruits and veggies, sign up for a 15k for either late Dec. or Jan. lose 2-4 lbs ( getting close to my goal weight makes it more difficult), run+workout 5-6xsper week with running being 3-4 xs and fit in a size 4 by NYE! iffy on that one lol!!
    lalonmeg000(meghan)- at least 30 min of exercise 6 days a week, No more soda! Even diet!!!, log everyday on here or my writen food journal! find something relaxing and do it for an hour a week.
    believeinmagic: drink more water, eat 3 cups of veggies a day,cut back on the junk food and finish the 30DS.
    jillybeanruns: 80+ ounces of water a day; strength train 3x a week; PT strength exercises 3x a week; hit 1111 miles running for the year; PR my half on the 10th (need 1:52.11 or better); eat more; sleep more; and most importantly, take measurable steps towards getting out of the South.

Got bad news at PT yesterday - what else is new? Did a re-evaluation of my right (bad) leg and it only has 50-75% of the strength of my left leg. So my goal is to cut back on the running (it won't kill me, I don't think...but it's going to be hard), build up my strength and run faster! I have a half on the 10th, another on January 15th, another in February, one in March, and another in May. Also supposed to run a full on March 4th in New Orleans, although I'm reconsidering and thinking of switching out of that race... I'm up a few pounds (2 exactly) from when I put the scale away for marathon training in June. So I would ideally like those few pounds gone by December, but I'm pretty fit and I don't shed that easily. Fine by me, I can lose them by February ;)
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Bethany hope you have a great time that sounds like fun and chili is delicious, I actually made a shrimp/crab avocado bisque tonight so damn good! I love soup but hate all the salt it usually comes with so making at home I have more control! I agree we can definitely make it count not over yet...

jillybeanruns You are awesome I actually was thinking of signing up for a couple things to have runs to look forward to and goals to help me stay on track, for right now I'll focus on January though since those races can cost some money but Iam no where near running a half yet working my way up to a 15k by next month actually my goal is 9 miles this month but not actually signing up till the time is closer since this month is a tight month as December always is but plan on a 1/2 in March or so!! But I like that you have yours all set up good idea!! Like the default pic too very cute!!

AFM I was on here before work but I have some time since plan to go to bed in a little while still, have a 6am circuit training class that I really enjoy, not the waking up part but once Im there it's on... I did not end up leaving early from work as planned :ohwell: , I did hit up Trader Joes and got some kefir, fresh fruit and a few other things, really need to focus on eating more fresh. This time last year compared to my diet this year has dramatically changed and naturally changed, small changes here and there have made a huge difference but I need to really make more improvements since it's all habitual now and have gotten in a routine with my food want to start out with replacing one boxed food ex. crisps bars or grain bars with more fresh fruits and veggies. I am more conscious of food labels and understand them better but I think due to my diet (and by diet I don't mean a specific diet) my weight has been stagnant AGAIN it's definitely my food since I eat too much cheese lol man I love that stuff! Anyways Im getting tired until tomorrow ladies good night! :bigsmile: Cynthia
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Morning girlies! :bigsmile: Happy Wednesday. Short post from me before work. This week has been crazy hectic due to work ramping up for the holidays, epic vacation time being taken, lots of holiday social hour that has to be coordinated at work (and not enjoyed by me, because I can't afford the time away from my work :grumble: ) and also getting ready for my upcoming trip and races. I have also been spending a lot of my spare time job hunting (gee, I wonder why!) and trying to fit in some fitness when I can. All in all it's meant very little MFP time.

Jbean - Happy to see you back, dear! Your goals look great and I am eager to see you reach them all. Really hoping the best for you in terms of recovery. I know how hard it can be to find a balance between pushing your fitness goals and trying to heal and recover, but you'll figure it out :happy: No sweat on the 2lbs. That's like a really good bowl of oatmeal, in my books :wink:

Cynthia - Love your new focus on eating fresh and healthy. It's can be hard sometime with the convenience of packaged foods, especially bars and all kinds of "healty" alternatives popping up. It's a HUGE market. But lest not underestimate the importance of good old fashion fresh produce, whole grains, and lean protein. A good balance between the two that works for your schedule is where you want to be. Not relying too heavily on the convenience of "healthy" prepared snack foods, while still recognizing their utility in certain instances and having them handy for those times when it's not easy to bring a fresh snack, is perfect. Sounds like you're on the right track to me!

Guam - Books are picked out and ready to send. I'm going to ship them to ya while I'm in NOLA so I don't have to worry about cross-border shipping :bigsmile: Love that you made a big pot of chili and hope that it turned out really well! Chili is one of my favourite winter-time meals. We actually just made a huge pot on Sunday :blushing: We toss in EVERYTHING and let it cook away all day until it reduces down into a thick, bubbling pot of scrumptious healthy goodness. Mmmmm. Hope you had a great time at the tree lighting ceremony with your little girl, as well. Sounds like you've been getting in some good QT with the kiddos lately. I love it!

Eeep! Work time. So pumped about my solo trip to NOLA - it's coming up soooo soon! Leaving Thursday night just after midnight and returning Tuesday morning around 2am. But I'll be online in the mornings while I eat breakfast at the hotel, I'm sure :blushing: Can't stay away too long, as you know! If I'm not posting here, I'll be posting on my wall. Will try to post an update when I return.

Have a great Wednesday! :heart:
  • abby459
    Options
    Guam - Sorry that you are having financial troubles....I cant imagine being a single mom with no other money coming in!! I dont know how you are making it work...but hopefully you figure it out and do the best you can. :ohwell: And I hear ya on trying to listen to your body....I have been working on that same thing....stopping when full, eating when hungry and not over-eating bc I like something....its soo hard, but I am trying, so good luck to you too with that!! And of course...the big 3-0!!! I'm sure you can leave everything behind in your twenties!!

Cynthia - I love Trader Joes too!! The closest one to me is about 30mins away but I try to make it up there once every month or every other month!! I think its great that you can look back and see all of the positive changes that you have made over the last year...I am sooo happy for you!! :bigsmile: But I agree that cutting out the boxed foods is hard and takes time to change....you have to do it slowly so that it becomes habit for you...so great job in trying to make small changes at a time!! And you are doing sooo amazing in your training and running!! I am impressed by you everyday when I see your posts....so dedicated and it really helps motivate me!!

Meag - Sorry that your work has still been miserable...I have seen your updates about it and it sounds like it is running you into the ground!! Your vacation will be much needed...I really hope you get to relax and enjoy it!!! And maybe when you get back you'll hear from those jobs youve been applying too!! Happy early Birthday!!!

AFM - well I have 2 very exciting victories....first, I weighed in yesterday morning at 140.6lbs!!! Finally hit that 140 that I have been trying soo hard to reach over the past 3 months!! When I hit 140.0 I will be at the half-way point to my goal weight which is very exciting for me. And the other NSV....I ran 6.1miles on my treadmill today and did a 9:44 pace!!! I have never done a sub 10min/mile pace for anything over 3miles ever...not to mention that I have also never run more then 5miles before without walking...so this was kinda a double NSV....and the funny thing is that I am more excited for the running accomplishment then the weight loss...I guess I have come a long way!! :happy:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Meag You could not have said it better, I agree finding that balance is what is key. I need to plan what meals I want to make for the week and make a specific list of things, that way I can have everything prepared. I usually shop pretty good and make a list prior but really need to step it up little by little and be more creative with my cooking, I made some crab/shrimp avocado soup last night and man I was impressed it tasted that great lol. As Im typing Im eating chips lol healthier ones though with flax seed!! I definitely need to buy more protein thats the one thing I always lack I feel, and I need to eat foods that fill me longer which is why I have been getting more creative with my oatmeal. Still can"t find chia seeds going to try whole foods, trader joes does not carry it and whole foods Im sure does but I have never shopped at one mainly because I assume they're over priced but well see. Are you leaving tomorrow for NOLA?? man that trip is going to be awesome and a much different type of vacay since your flying solo which I think btw is great!! You deserve some time off!! party hardy! :drinker:

Abby Thanks Abby Im impressed with your eating and running as well and CONGRATS on your loss!! and your running NSV that is great and I feel like the accomplishment of running is more validating because you work hard for that stamina and pace! Hows the new treadmill going?? Good job on staying consistent on the fruits and veggies thats 1 of my goals as well but I like how you add it in the bottom note that way you can have a visual!

AFM I had my circuit training and did 6 sets of stairs with some jogging up the stairs to even 2 steps at a time. Before I could barely walk up the 12 stories without having to take a short break and catch my breath so I can definitely see the improvement. I REALLY LOVE my bootcamp classes but as of the 19th the price will shoot up to around 200 bucks definitely not affordable. So I plan on buying some of the equipment and doing it at home and might buy either some bikram yoga, another bootcamp/core of some sort or try cross fit and see how it goes, those types of exercises are really starting to tone me up well just a little but i feel stronger. Tomorrow I plan on running since I haven't since Monday and feels like forever or do the stairs or a combo something not quite sure yet but most likely in the evening! Well thats it for me trying to get some sleep and do some more reading!! Good night ladies till tomorrow! Wheres everyone @ lol?? :bigsmile: Cynthia
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Hey ladies - I'm heading out shortly to see Tyler before leaving on vacation tonight. Just wanted to drop in and say hi before I left! :drinker:

Cynthia - I plan to run hard, and party hard! I am totally letting loose on food and calories this weekend. Which for me, still means bringing good snacks and oatmeal for the mornings, and eating lots of fresh fruit, but also allowing myself to eat some awesome local food and drink beer at night if I so choose. Sounds like you know what you've got to do to find balance with food as well, and I have no doubt you'll be successful with it! Eating protein can be tough if you're eating alone/cooking for one. I find that I usually opt for a quick omelet, stirfry or salad when I have to make something quick. I find it easiest to bake a few chicken breasts at once Sunday night and then shred it up over salad for lunches or use it cooked in curries, soups or stir fries for a few nights. Baking plain protein and having it cooked and ready to use is the easiest way to make getting my protein in a reality. Good luck girl. If all else fails eat lots of egg whites, greek yogurt, cottage cheese and soy/tofu when you can! :wink:

Abby - Thanks for the message. I am definitely hoping to find something new STAT. Vacay is on the way and SOOOO needed! Leaving work today felt like a million bucks! Such a huge relief. Super congrats on your amazing run and weight loss victories! :drinker: a 9:44 pace on the TM is phenomenal! I really cannot run that fast on the TM at all... My pace outside is so much better! You're kicking some *kitten* lady! Woot woot! And the weight loss? Psht. You're killing it! Way to go, girl! Keep it up!!

Guam - Books on the way lady :bigsmile: Very sorry to hear that you are having a tough time these days but I know you'll work it out. You always do! You're such an inspiring woman! Keep at it chica and keep your chin up. <<hugs>>

OK - Heading out! WIll be in touch from the South! :heart:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Meag Hope you have a safe flight and really let loose and enjoy your time there, be sure to drink one for us! :drinker: I will do that on Sunday bake or cook a bit extra meat and have that protein ready to go and possibly take an extra 15 minutes to eat some eggs and actually eat breakfast sitting down and not scarfing it down at work!

AFM I went to the gym and did some weight training with a friend for about 30 minutes and then did some stairs, fairly good workout not so much cardio but the weight training was basically what I've learned at my bootcamps/ circuit training and doing that at the gym, Im sure my friend will be sore! I tried running but was way to sore in my calves and gluteus from yesterdays bootcamp, that class is kicking my *kitten* but I love it! I actually ended up signing for another Yoga membership that starts next Tuesday with a couple of co-workers one who actually used to teach Yoga at the local University here. Pretty excited going to start with Yin and Gentle Yoga and then begin Bikram which this place actually is a certified bikram studio vs the one I did before not sure there will even be a difference in the style, hot yoga vs bikram we'll see! This weekend will be an exciting weekend the Boy and I will be buying exercise equipment at the sports store and make a mini circuit training here at home since bootcamp is ridiculously priced, and he is going to start working out with me, i think because Im getting stronger than him thats just MO lol totally joking he's like a foot taller and 50lbs heavier. We are also going to go MT. biking since we do have actual mt. bikes and haven't for a while so Im stoked for that. Today is day 11 without coffee and I must say not too bad and no headaches which is weird because when I was drinking coffee daily Id sometimes get headaches for days not crazy ones but it was definitely lingering there. Made some pizza with the Trader joes pizza dough and it came out yummy tried making it stuft crust...major fail but delicious and easy, have bootcamp in the AM so I better hit the sack and try and get some reading, so far I have only read 10-15 minutes before the book falls on my face, thats it for me! until tomorrow! Good night! :bigsmile: Cynthia!
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Hey ladies! Just taking a quick second to give you all and update. Had my 16 week appointment today and we heard the babies heart beat again. It was beating around 159 BPM which is nice and strong. The first thought I had was how awesome it would be to have a heart rate like that a lot of the time for burning some serious calories!! I also only gained 2 lbs so far which is awesome! Since I am still over weight for my height the doctors dont want me gaining more than 15 lbs and would be totally fine if I gained almost none. I think it would be totally awesome if I left the hospital after delivery weighing less than my pre-pregnancy weight! But i'm not limiting my caloric intake in any way. Mostly I just eat when I'm hungry and I'm trying to make healthier choices. After this week off from exercise to allow my body to fully recoupe from the 15k, I am going to go on a walk with my friend Sunday morning and then Monday I will be right back at it in the gym. I haven't been sleeping that great and I think its because my energy isn't getting used up the way I am used too since I haven't been exercising. They say just 30 minutes a day when pregnant is exactly what your body needs, and with my goal being to run a 5k 3 times a week that sounds about right! Anyways I hope everyone has a great weekend and Meag enjoy your NOLA trip. My parents live there now and I have not been able to visit yet, but I know benyas are to die for- its pronounced been- ya! just like it looks :)

XOXO
    Megan
  • abby459
    Options
    Cynthia - Adding the fruit/veggie servings to my note is the only way that I actually started to pay attention to how many I was eating. I start it in the morning and add to it throughout the day....it helped me a lot, you should try it too!! That stinks that they are raising your bootcamp costs, especially since you like it soo much. $200 is pretty pricey...I wouldnt be able to afford that either!! :sad: But at least you have a plan to buy some stuff and try to stick to a similar type workout at home...it seems to be working so well for you. And I happy to hear that the BF will be starting to work out withyou, its always great to have that extra support and motivation. I know when I dont feel like workingout or going for a run, my BF always encourages me to get out there with him....so at least for me it was a big help!!

Meag - I know you are down in NOLA by now :bigsmile: and I hope you are having a great trip!!! I did see that you already got a run in...which is awesome!!! I know that will be a HUGE struggle for me on vacation. But I hope you are also finding time to get out there and really relax and enjoy yourself!!! And since I am sick right now....drink a few beers for me too :drinker: I know you probably wont be spending much time on MFP...but let us know how the trip was once you get back home!!

Megan- Glad your 16wk appointment went well and that you got to hear a heathly and strong heartbeat!! :love: And its amazing that you are still working on not gaining much weight during pregnancy....its such an easy time to slack on diet and exercise, I am soo proud of you for not doing that!!! You seem to have a good plan in place for fitting some workouts in that are OK during prenancy!!

AFM - It seems that the time has come for my annual sinus infection :sick: And mine always attack viciously with tons of post-nasal-drip that makes my throat kill and makes my nauseous!! Not fun at all!! Right now the only food I can seem to keep down is plain bread and white rice.....definately not meeting my fruit/veggie goals or running goals this week.......hopefully good as new by monday though :ohwell: I really hate that I dont have the energy to run yesterday or today, but its been 12 hour shifts then crawling right into bed when I get home, can't wait for this to pass!!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!!!
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies

Meag Happy belated birthday hope you're having an amazing time in NOLA!

Abby I will gove tat a try Abby and the bootcamp originally was that price I found a deal through groupon I think. The encouragement and motivation from the Bf really does help, he helps keep on track for sure so now that he will actually be working out with will be even better! Hope you're feeling better and sometimes rest is the best recovery with light exercise!

Megan Sounds like everything is going well with your pregnancy, hope you were able to join your friend for a walk and it's nice to knw you can go right back to your routine as of today!!

Sorry i haven't been posting for a few days!

Friday I did my usually bootcamp/kickboxing then started my yoga which is difficult but awesome, my friends and i did the candlelight yoga which is great and think all yogas should be done this way!

Saturday I had a crazy day! Woke up super early to get a short jog in then headed off to bootcamp/circuit training/core and after that went Mt. biking for 2 or more hours and the whole day was go go go but it was fun, we also biked to a cafe that has the best food and the bf really enjoyed it even though it was crazy packed and its just a tiny lil house, people watching is great there lol!

Sunday Tried gentle yoga not really a great burn or any type of cardio but it definitely is great and soothing, we basically used the small rolling balls to run under our feet, the back of the neck, over our foreheads and it was awesome had never tried it. I have a few classes Im trying this week with one them being Restorative for stress and illness, I started feeling yucky last night after yoga so I decided to take the day off, really need it I'm always super tired so I called in! Yesterday i also bought some of the equipment for circuit training, I bought the balance ball, medicine ball and kettle bells already have the dumbbells still need the cardio stick, foam roller and either the step-up thing forgot what it's called or balance disk. Will start that tonight and maybe a run since I have been neglecting my runs with all this new exercise that has taken the spotlight temporary! I also bought some whey chocolate protein that I will be taking in a bit with my breakfast so we'll see how it tastes and if I feel or look different in a few weeks. Thast it for me hope you ladies have a great Monday!
  • abby459
    Options
    Cynthia - The gentle yoga and Restorive classes sound good to me!! I think we all can use some stress relief!! And it sounds like your Saturday was packed with exercise!! Good for you...I love mountain biking too, even though I dont go as much anymore since I started running! Hopefully you'll find some time to keep up with your running inbetween all of your classes...I know its hard to balance them. Since I got my treadmill, I always run and I havent been doing my p90x or any strength training.

AFM - Still fighting off this evil sinus infections....tried to run yesterday and did get 3 miles in on the treadmill but I felt like I was dying....so I am taking today off again since I work 12 hours and then hopefully I will finally feel better by tomorrow. I have been struggling to eat the past few days (only time you will ever hear me say that!!) I think I only went over 1000cals once in the past several days :sad: which I know is not good for me...but I have been nauseous and have had very little appetite so its been hard....but I am trying my best.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!