EVERYTHING HAS CARBS!!!

Options
EVEYTHING HAS CARBS!!! it is so hard, to manage your calories, and your carbs. It's easy for me to stay under calories, but so hard to keep my carbs low. I usually stay under my carb daily goal, but I was trying to cut that down even more, it is almost impossible, unless all i eat is meat and veggies, but I like variety. :ohwell:

Replies

• meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    egg whites
    cheese
    SUGAR FREE jello

NO CARBS!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Some of the cultures in the world where the people live the longest have diets that rely on carbs.

Iceland.

Japan.

Islands off Greece.

Think about this before you diss carbs. There's healthy carbs and there's carbs like eating a vat of fries.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    not everything has carbs, there are tons of people who manage to stay under on carbs, stalk public food diarys to get good ideas :) lol
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    SUGAR FREE jello

NO CARBS!

Also no nutritional value!! Whoo hoo!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Instead of thinking of it as reducing carbs, think of it as increasing proteins and fats. A simple mind-change, but it may help.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You know that carbs are good for you right? Your brain needs glucose in order to function properly. So don't worry about cutting back too dramatically.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I eat, meat veggies, dairy, some breads (every so often - NEVER every day), nut butters, fruits etc. Its fairly easy to keep carbs between 50 - 100 grams carbs a day if you pay attention. Majority of my carbs come from fruits/veggies and dairy. You just have to plan... and when I do eat breads/pastas its whole grain no processed white starches.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    As long as your calories are in check, carbs won't hinder weight loss
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    Some of the cultures in the world where the people live the longest have diets that rely on carbs.

Iceland.

Japan.

Islands off Greece.

Think about this before you diss carbs. There's healthy carbs and there's carbs like eating a vat of fries.

Basically this. There are different types of carbs, and not all carbs are the same. Complex carbs are carbs your body needs for energy, especially your brain. This mostly comes from grains (the less processed the better). Simple carbs are like sugar (which excess complex carbs become after it's done getting it's energy) that come from sugar-heavy sweets, stuff like that.

Our society keeps screaming that things like fat, carbs, and sodium are bad for us. They're not. EXCESS amounts of these things over long periods of time are bad for us.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    EVEYTHING HAS CARBS!!

scaledphpserver221filenamepanic2dz3.gif
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Agreed, carbs are fuel. You need that. The only time it becomes difficult is when you are trying to increase protein intake while limiting calories. Even then there are lots of foods out there to help. look for low cal protein shakes. Lean chicken or any meat for tat matter. Tuna and fish are great also. Heck, pork rinds don't have many carbs either. There are things, you just have to be diligent.
    As long as your calories are in check, carbs won't hinder weight loss
  • deblc6836
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough healthy fat (nuts, nut butters, olive oil) in your diet -- definitely keeps those carb cravings in check.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    carbs are not your enemy and just so you know, fruits and veggies have carbs, too *gasp*
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    In the 90's, FAT was terrible! All the diets were low fat this, fat free that. So funny. Now we realize moderate amounts of heart healthy fats are great and help control hunger, but CARBS=the devil. What will it be next decade?
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Your body needs carbs! The trick is to eat the right ones that aren't just starch. Legumes, starchy vegetables (carrots, corn, peas), and grains are important to eat if you're going to create a healthy lifestyle.

The carbs you should give up are refined, nutritionally defunct, and in excessive amounts (white flour, sugar, white rice, corn starch, etc.)

Get your carbs from whole foods. If it has more than one ingredient - nix it. And "cheesecake" is not one ingredient.

I try to eat 15-30 carbs for breakfast, 15 carbs for snack, 15-45 carbs at lunch, 15 carbs for snack, 15-45 carbs for dinner (to even out to 60 with lunch and dinner combined, and 15 carbs for snack. That is how I was taught to eat when I had diabetes.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out so much about the carbs. You will need healthy carbs to fuel your workouts and for mental function. As long as you are staying within a normal range and pushing hard through your workouts you'll lose. It just takes time.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    carbs are your friends...or is it carbs is your friend? im too tired to grammar-police myself today. find the right balance and you wont drive yourself crazy...well, you will until you find the right balance...its worth taking the time.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    if the OP has PCOS like I do, carbs really are the devil
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    There are different kinds of carbs too, mind you.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    In the 90's, FAT was terrible! All the diets were low fat this, fat free that. So funny. Now we realize moderate amounts of heart healthy fats are great and help control hunger, but CARBS=the devil. What will it be next decade?

It'll be protein, especially meat protein. :)