*NEW RULES* .....for the gym

Options
kimoRUN
kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
I figured I'd move this here for my eyeballs:

Here are a few New Rules I've personally come up with from my experiences and observations at the gym. Please note that if any of these rules speak to you personally, now is the time to adhere to these rules. It will make the world a better place.

1. If you’re a man, DO NOT wear tank tops with a plunging neck line down to your belly button that barely covers your nipples, tucked into the elastic band of your muscle pants… and capped off with a nifty fanny pack. Hey buddy, 1986 called…they want their outfit back. Just saying…

2. DO NOT bring a 5 gallon Sparklets bottle to the gym. I mean, I don’t get it. Water is essential but there is no need to walk around with such a huge bottle of water so you can do a curl motion when you drink it to flex your biceps. If your best workout is when you drink… you have to rethink your routine. Just saying…..

3. Do Not… I mean DO NOT bring a mask and snorkel to the gym to be used in a lap pool. I have a feeling that if you’re one that does, you probably have to register for more things than just your car. Just saying…..

4. DO NOT use the public steam room as an opportunity for shaving. Hearing a scraping noise and tapping sound against the wall is freaky. But when the foggy steam disappears only to see that those sounds are you shaving and tapping out your lil hairs from your razor onto the wall is just disgusting. Just saying….

5. If you’re one to bark after every rep of every set while lifting weights please remember to never leave home without your bark collar. “Sit Ooboo sit…good dog *ruff*”. Just saying…

6. If when you are doing bicep curls and your lower back is getting most of the workout from your constant swaying back and forth….. Put the “ego” weights down buddy and try using something not so heavy. Seriously…no one is paying attention to how much you’re lifting. Just saying….

7. Although the gym has an abundance of awesome flat screen TV’s everywhere you go….Its a gym…not the movies. So the seats on the machines are NOT to be used as a place to sit and watch. Put the popcorn down, get your set in and move on. Some of us here are actually trying to sweat. Just saying…

Any new rules you think should be added from your personal experiences or observations?

Replies

• Iris_Jay
    Options
    Stop checking your Facebook or being on the phone. There is no way you can chat on the phone or be on Facebook and be challenging your body at the same time. Waste of your gym time.
  • twogungal
    Options
    I love this! Absolutely love it. The grunters unnerve me, too.
  • deabora
    deabora Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh tell me you made the one up about shaving in the sauna. :noway:
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Please please don’t pour your whole bottle of cologne or perfume on before coming into the gym – less is really more when it comes to fragrance
  • Andrea7701
    Andrea7701 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love it!! So true!!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Just cause the sauna is by the showers is no reason to sit in there with your junk uncovered. They give you towels and if they are not big enough for you, wear your shorts... This disgusts me.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Love rules 5 and 6... oh and the add of the perfume/colgne.... Mine would be :

All for sweating and exerting, but please wipe up after yourself...
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you need a shower please take on, before coming. That smell of rank butt is yours.
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Stop checking your Facebook or being on the phone. There is no way you can chat on the phone or be on Facebook and be challenging your body at the same time. Waste of your gym time.

Hugest pet peeve ever..... Get off the figgin phone!!!
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    this was fantastic!!!!! and i HATE the grunting.... shut up already......
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    1. If you’re a man, DO NOT wear tank tops with a plunging neck line down to your belly button that barely covers your nipples, tucked into the elastic band of your muscle pants… and capped off with a nifty fanny pack. Hey buddy, 1986 called…they want their outfit back. Just saying…

This one applies to ANYONE and everyone.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    So true I busting out laughing and hubby couldn't figure out why I was randomly laughing at the iPad since I normally don't break out laughing much!

A couple weeks ago I watched a lady walk on the treadmill while drinking a mountin dew she bought from the machine at the gym. WTH really burn and take in at once? A waste of time!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    How about this, if you are a guy between the age of 16 and 25, please leave your shirt on when parking yourself around the one piece of equipment you plan on using; be it the bench press, squat rack or dumb bells that you can barely lift but will try to curl.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    So love this....we have a tank top/fanny pack guy at our gym and alot of grunters and screamers...so annoying.

Another one:

Ladies: When you see a group of women sitting in the hot tub relaxing their muscles after long workouts (in our bathing suits)...do not take this as your opportunity to strip down and decide to join us....then look at us all puzzled as to why we suddenly had to get ready for work and leave. I don't care how fit you are it is disgusting.

Oh boy and don't get me started on the ones in the steam rooms.....so gross!
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Push ups, jumping jacks, Ben gay, rollers in your hair, singing at the top of your lungs listening to your ipod in the sauna
    Going into a group class and doin your own routine, some instructors won't say anything but I will.
    Not wearing deoderant
    Wearing shoes in the sauna
    Correcting people on form when your form sucks lol
  • MsSaturday
    MsSaturday Posts: 89 Member
    Options

If this is whats happening at the gym, I don't know why I'm not there....
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    3. Do Not… I mean DO NOT bring a mask and snorkel to the gym to be used in a lap pool. I have a feeling that if you’re one that does, you probably have to register for more things than just your car. Just saying…..

There's a guy at my gym that wears a snorkel and mask on the stationary bicycles. There is no pool/hot tub/sauna at my gym. WTF?!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it love it love it!!!!!!!! YOU nailed it.
    I will add another one:
    DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT put cologne on right before you go workout your sweat AMPLIFIES the odor and knocks the rest of us out unconcious and if I can taste it because the vapors are that strong then you need to work at Perfumeria!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH! Just saying.....
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    My local gym seems to be full of mostly older people, which is fine, I get anxious working out around people of my own age... but that is not an excuse for old pervy men to watch me and other young women in there every time we go in! Yes, our boobs jiggle slightly when we run... but they're not for you to look at!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Heres some from personal experience:

Please be sure to put deo. on before goin to the gym. You know you're gonna be sweating and the smell is foul!
    Please return your weights instead of leaving them lay on the floor so I don't trip over them.
    There is no need to stand in front of the weights to do a set I don't enjoy having to reach around you to find the weights I need.
    If the radio is on please do not blast the TVs!
    If you're gonna use the cardio machine please wipe it down afterwards! I don't like touching other peoples' sweat!
    Please do not stand in front of the bench I am set up to use!