*NEW RULES* .....for the gym

Options

Replies

• CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Oh tell me you made the one up about shaving in the sauna. :noway:

Who the bloody hell shaves in the sauna?!
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    Guys who blow snot rockets in the shower. Seriously, use a tissue after you get out. Were ya raised by wolves?

MMM wolves dont spit... but lamas do!
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    When i have my headphones on that means that i dont want to chat with you.

when i tap my headphones that means that i have them on and cant hear you.

dont get pissy at me cuz i dont use the gym for a coffee shop...
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    see this is part of why i dont go to the gym. i dont think i could handle so many annoying things when im trying to exercise. plus im self concious when i work out - id be constantly worrying ppl r looking at me thinking "god shutup with the heavy breathing your barely doing anything" or something akin to that. and i like singing when i work out but i wouldnt dare subject others at the gym to the horror that is my singing voice
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    The sign says no jeans, so please don't come in with super tight, 80's style, cut-off jean shorts and start your workout routine (this was an older dude btw)

Coffee while you're on the cardio machines? Seriously, why? I don't get it.
  • ladym04
    Options
    3. Do Not… I mean DO NOT bring a mask and snorkel to the gym to be used in a lap pool. I have a feeling that if you’re one that does, you probably have to register for more things than just your car. Just saying…..

There's a guy at my gym that wears a snorkel and mask on the stationary bicycles. There is no pool/hot tub/sauna at my gym. WTF?!

This totally made me LOL...Maybe he needs it incase of an unexpected flood!? haha

snorkel on the stationary bikes? really? LOL!!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    see this is part of why i dont go to the gym. i dont think i could handle so many annoying things when im trying to exercise. plus im self concious when i work out - id be constantly worrying ppl r looking at me thinking "god shutup with the heavy breathing your barely doing anything" or something akin to that. and i like singing when i work out but i wouldnt dare subject others at the gym to the horror that is my singing voice

Are we sisters? I'd have an anxiety attack just thinking about all this crap driving over there.

And I have to join a gym for a few months so I can have access to a pool...maybe I need to realign my goals and do a biathalon...gym life sounds a little stressful
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I'm currently loving my university gym which hasn't got 98% of these issues. :D

Don't, for the love of anything holy, do pendlay rows on the bench press bench, especially when there's a line waiting for the benches!

Don't wear sneakers or running shoes with cushioning while doing heavy lifting, especially barbells. Better to go barefoot/with chucks or vans or other flat shoes. This is a balance issue (my squat increased 40 lbs when I learned this and switched)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I figured I'd move this here for my eyeballs:

Here are a few New Rules I've personally come up with from my experiences and observations at the gym. Please note that if any of these rules speak to you personally, now is the time to adhere to these rules. It will make the world a better place.

1. If you’re a man, DO NOT wear tank tops with a plunging neck line down to your belly button that barely covers your nipples, tucked into the elastic band of your muscle pants… and capped off with a nifty fanny pack. Hey buddy, 1986 called…they want their outfit back. Just saying…

2. DO NOT bring a 5 gallon Sparklets bottle to the gym. I mean, I don’t get it. Water is essential but there is no need to walk around with such a huge bottle of water so you can do a curl motion when you drink it to flex your biceps. If your best workout is when you drink… you have to rethink your routine. Just saying…..

3. Do Not… I mean DO NOT bring a mask and snorkel to the gym to be used in a lap pool. I have a feeling that if you’re one that does, you probably have to register for more things than just your car. Just saying…..

4. DO NOT use the public steam room as an opportunity for shaving. Hearing a scraping noise and tapping sound against the wall is freaky. But when the foggy steam disappears only to see that those sounds are you shaving and tapping out your lil hairs from your razor onto the wall is just disgusting. Just saying….

5. If you’re one to bark after every rep of every set while lifting weights please remember to never leave home without your bark collar. “Sit Ooboo sit…good dog *ruff*”. Just saying…

6. If when you are doing bicep curls and your lower back is getting most of the workout from your constant swaying back and forth….. Put the “ego” weights down buddy and try using something not so heavy. Seriously…no one is paying attention to how much you’re lifting. Just saying….

7. Although the gym has an abundance of awesome flat screen TV’s everywhere you go….Its a gym…not the movies. So the seats on the machines are NOT to be used as a place to sit and watch. Put the popcorn down, get your set in and move on. Some of us here are actually trying to sweat. Just saying…

Any new rules you think should be added from your personal experiences or observations?
    the string tanktops are called posing tanks...bodybuilders use it
    i also chew gum at the gym and work more intensely than the average guy
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Ok, but why?! What is their purpose at the gym?
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    They're bad *kitten*.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    They're bad *kitten*.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    They're bad *kitten*.

They're not.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    If you only need to pee, use the urinal.

If all the urinals are in use, wait 7 seconds.

If you can't wait, lift the f----g seat!

If you're such a germophobe that you can't lift the seat, lean to aim.

If you can't learn to aim, then you should just hold it and wait until a urinal is free.

Yes, touching the "germy" seat is gross, but having to clean your piss off the seat before I do my business is far grosser.

Oh, and flush - I don't care if it's just pee, I don't want your pee splashing on my a-s.

This applies everywhere, not just the gym.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    They're bad *kitten*.

They're douche-y
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Jelly, both of you.

Edit: To clarify I mean jelly as in jealous...Don't want anyone getting salty. ;]
  • marthafox1
    marthafox1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have the grossest (is that a real word?)...

Men (roid'eds specifically apparently) please do not w**k in the jacuzzi.

Just saying....
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I figured I'd move this here for my eyeballs:

Here are a few New Rules I've personally come up with from my experiences and observations at the gym. Please note that if any of these rules speak to you personally, now is the time to adhere to these rules. It will make the world a better place.

1. If you’re a man, DO NOT wear tank tops with a plunging neck line down to your belly button that barely covers your nipples, tucked into the elastic band of your muscle pants… and capped off with a nifty fanny pack. Hey buddy, 1986 called…they want their outfit back. Just saying…

2. DO NOT bring a 5 gallon Sparklets bottle to the gym. I mean, I don’t get it. Water is essential but there is no need to walk around with such a huge bottle of water so you can do a curl motion when you drink it to flex your biceps. If your best workout is when you drink… you have to rethink your routine. Just saying…..

4. DO NOT use the public steam room as an opportunity for shaving. Hearing a scraping noise and tapping sound against the wall is freaky. But when the foggy steam disappears only to see that those sounds are you shaving and tapping out your lil hairs from your razor onto the wall is just disgusting. Just saying….

5. If you’re one to bark after every rep of every set while lifting weights please remember to never leave home without your bark collar. “Sit Ooboo sit…good dog *ruff*”. Just saying…

6. If when you are doing bicep curls and your lower back is getting most of the workout from your constant swaying back and forth….. Put the “ego” weights down buddy and try using something not so heavy. Seriously…no one is paying attention to how much you’re lifting. Just saying….

7. Although the gym has an abundance of awesome flat screen TV’s everywhere you go….Its a gym…not the movies. So the seats on the machines are NOT to be used as a place to sit and watch. Put the popcorn down, get your set in and move on. Some of us here are actually trying to sweat. Just saying…

Any new rules you think should be added from your personal experiences or observations?
    i also chew gum at the gym and work more intensely than the average guy

#1 It was more the ensemble than the 'posing tank' intself. And I guess I should have added that if you're going to wear it, you should have the goods that warrant it and the one I'm referring to clearly didn't.

Oh and I chew gum too.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Stop using the squat rack to do curls!! This is so freaking annoying! Unless you're curling a plate, there is no reason you should be taking up the squat rack to do your 65 lb BB curls...
  • BodyrockerMariam
    Options
    Hahaha.. Love it!!