*NEW RULES* .....for the gym

Options

Replies

• poppadop89
    Options
    I hate when guys drop the olympic weights on the floor when there's a peg or weight stand not even 2 feet away. Don't be lazy, you just grabbed it from there 3 minutes ago. Also, rerack the damn weights!! You have the time and patience to load 12 plates on that leg press, but you can't strip it off afterwards?? Douche bags...
  • estinson79
    Options
    No drinking anything from Starbucks while you are on the treadmill. Seriously, just looking at that cup of coffee makes me want to throw up.
    Who wants a hot drink while they are working out!! Blech!
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    For men (and women too, although I've never seen any): khaki cargo pants and skater shoes are NOT for running on the treadmill!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Oh tell me you made the one up about shaving in the sauna. :noway:
    I was gonna say....
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just got the best ab workout laughing at these posts! Thanks...I really needed that today!! :laugh:
  • soccerchey1
    Options
    ALWAYS clean the machinery you just used; I don't care if your dripping sweat or if you just started lifting, I don't want to sit in it. It's called hygiene people.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    How about the squat rack is not for curls....
  • margiemommy
    margiemommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    love it but u need to make one for the ladies
    there are some ladies who go to the gym strip down to bra and pants and the walk around talking to all the guys . waste of time at the gym why do u even bother changing cloths or taking them off just to talk to guys leave ur cloths on or go stand out on the street corner if those are the guys u want to meet
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    So love this list. The grunters are the worst
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oh tell me you made the one up about shaving in the sauna. :noway:

Oh i wish I made that one up. Needless to say, I don't go in there anymore.
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Push ups, jumping jacks, Ben gay, rollers in your hair, singing at the top of your lungs listening to your ipod in the sauna
    Going into a group class and doin your own routine, some instructors won't say anything but I will.
    Not wearing deoderant
    Wearing shoes in the sauna
    Correcting people on form when your form sucks lol

Lol what's annoying about pushups and jumping jacks? I'm with you on the rest.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Now you have opened the door;
    Ladies no offense but if you are going to wear those tight low cut outfits and stretch on the treadmill ahead of a guy, you should not be offended when we look, take it as a compliment that your hard work is being admired. On the other side guys you do not need to burn a hole through them as you admire the feminine shape.
    Eat before or after your fitness routine, I see no excuse for eating a subway sandwich on the treadmill or elliptical.
    I commend you for wanting to workout however wear the proper attire, jeans and work boots is not it.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If I'm on the treadmill running please don't come up to me and start talking to me. It's too much work to take the headphones out and slow down the machine. I'm trying to be rude I'm just trying to do what I came here to do!
  • EMc4452
    EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about number 2 for years now...I don't get it. Do they really drink that much water in the hour they are at the gym?
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    love it!!! My gym is also used for rehab... I get so ticked when the therapist doesn't wipe the machine down after they put someone on it.. I look like the biggest loser cleaning them before and after. Don't even get me started on the women who like to hang out in the locker room naked.. lol
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    3. Do Not… I mean DO NOT bring a mask and snorkel to the gym to be used in a lap pool. I have a feeling that if you’re one that does, you probably have to register for more things than just your car. Just saying…..

There's a guy at my gym that wears a snorkel and mask on the stationary bicycles. There is no pool/hot tub/sauna at my gym. WTF?!

This totally made me LOL...Maybe he needs it incase of an unexpected flood!? haha
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    OMG... this is the best...All the things I have wanted to say but am too nice to!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Here are my contributions:

If you're going to wear shorts that can potentially rip, please wear underwear. I don't want to see your 75-year-old man parts hanging in my face while I'm trying to get my set in.

If you're going to grunt like you're trying to push one out, maybe you should get to the bathroom just to make sure. Just sayin. . .
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    LOVEEEEEEE this
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    How about the squat rack is not for curls....

Can I add that the squat rack is also not intended as a convenient place to lean against and rest your drink on in the 10 minute rest you take between sets when you're using another piece of equipment anyway.