soo tattoos or no tattoos??

Options
mandag9008
mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
i think that tattoos are something that is becoming more accepted. which I LOVE! i have about 9.(working on a sleeve), and i love all of them.
my fav would have to be the one my profile picture.
do you have any tattoos or want any?
do you like or hate?

and yes all of my tattoos can be covered!

Replies

• Johnny_Castle
    Options
    I currently have no interest in tattoos but this may change later
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    I have twelve. One that needs to be fixed/covered up. It looked good halfway through the tattoo and then at the end it went a complete different direction hahaha, I was mad, now I laugh and will get it fixed eventually.

I am all for them!
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was just posting on the rewards thread about getting a tat when I hit my GW! I've never had any tattoos, not because I frowned on them or anything but because I was always so ashamed of my body that I covered it up. So there was no point in having any, cause I hated anybody looking at me!

Once I hit my GW, I plan to get my first (of a couple!) tats. I'm not sure which one I want first, because I have a couple of designs I'm interested, but I'm really leaning towards a sparrow or owl (I love birds!).
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have two. One I hate because I'm not religious anymore (it's a scripture reference) but I just got my 2nd one about a month ago, in honor (and now memory) of my grandmother. I love it. It still takes me by surprise and I love getting a glimpse of it everyday as I drive and when I roll up my sleeves, etc.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    yes i have a tattoo... a sunflower with thorns on the stem. its on my middle lower back. LOVE it... never envision myself regretting. considering getting just one more. a small scorpion on the upper left side of my neck back behind my ear.
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i have 7.. including a piece on my arm.. which is probably my favorite. i absolutely adore tattoos.. most of the time. i'm not fond of repetitive imagery and scriptures. other than that, your body is a canvas for your favorite art :)
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have a small one on my inner ankle. Got it when I was 58. I frankly don't see the big deal. When I'm dead and gone, there will be a lot of old ladies in the home covered with stupid old tattoos, and that just seems weird. But oh well, I'll be dead and gone!
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, tattoos are cool. I have them on both arms.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Down with tattoos. They are so ugly.

But really
    ~ left arm sleeve in lily motif w/ a dragonfly
    ~ right are sleeve in koi-s above elbow and cherry blossoms beloew elbow to wrist.
    ~ the classic tramp stamp when I turned 18
    ~ left shoulder piece

I need to get R sleeve finished then I'm going to work on back piece.
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I have a full left sleeve and will finish my right once I'm done with graduate school. I also have one on the back of my neck. All of mine can be covered (the neck one can be covered by my hair if I wear it down or by a collard shirt). I am a TA and my supervisors' don't care if I cover them or not and my students think its cool. I was even told at a conference for Women in Science that tattoos are more acceptable than piercings now. I cover them based on who I'm presenting too (if the audience is older or more conservative than I cover them) although at the conference said I doesn't matter if I do or not.
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    I love tattoos! I have three :D
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a fan. But I don't mind them on other people.

Although, I do not like tatoos that don't mean something special to a person. I figure, if it is worth being stuck on your body forever, you should get something meaningful. Or like it when they tatoo stuff all over a persons face. There can be very awesome looking tatoos that completely work (and certain people suit tatoos).

But again, for me, I couldn't think of something I'd want on my body for years.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    none. I have thought about it, but never did it.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on tattoo's are if they mean something to you, by all means, go for it. I'm not a big fan of picking tats out of a book or off of a wall because someone out there has the same thing. I'd rather seek out an artist who has the ability to freehand. Might cost more and be a 6 month + wait but in the end you'll have a one-off piece.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ive got only one tattoo on my right leg. I still want to get my sons name done in graffiti art on my back but do not have the funds for it.
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have one tat on my left arm M inside a Superman symbol....next is the S on my right arm....I mentally have about another 9 tats prepared....just waitin' to get inked...I love symbolic pieces....mine can be covered which is important to me because I work with children.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Not for me. I have yet to see any tatoo that makes me think I would like to do that or see that on my wife. Piercings....one hole per ear for women, one ear (left ear) for a man - nothing more.
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos are sexy. If I were to get one, I'd get a detailed and intricate cross on my left shoulder blade with the phrase "Sola Fide." It meas "By Faith Alone"

I also want to start getting dog prints on my leg for every dog I've owned with their names. =D
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have a few but they are all places that can be easily covered or uncovered, depending on what I'm doing or where I'm going. On guys, tattoos = sexy.... especially sleeves :bigsmile:
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have 3. I will be getting two more at the same time. I can cover all of mine with no trouble at all. I can also uncover them with no trouble at all. After I get the two done. I want an other 3 or so done.