What's your non-scale goal?

Options
I think most of the MFP users have a weight goal in mind, but I'm curious about one thing. Do you also have a non-scale goal that pushes you through your weight loss journey?

I have several ones. For instance, I would like to see my abs once in my life. I am an apple shape and I've never been so lean in my life that I could actually see (even roughly) the shape of my abs. I would love that.

What about you, guys?

Replies

• MissFurlow
    Options
    I want to be able to lay on the beach in a real two piece this summer (hopefully) instead of a two piece "tanktop & shorts" & also I would like to be able to run around the neighborhood & look healthy! Also I don't have a family yet, but when i do have kids, i want to be able to run around with them & be able to walk all around their college campus at their orientation without being tired & embarrassing them! I want to not have "fat" arms but tone arms & be able to participate in extracurricular sports & other fun activities (like rollercoasters) and not worry about breaking the horses back (although i probably wouldn't) & the rollercoaster messing up bc im too heavy!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I want my hip bones back! And my knees to stop hurting when I climb stairs :ohwell:
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1 - get back into my wedding dress (will try it on again on my anniversary in two weeks)
    2 - make and wear this dress (http://www.simplicity.com/p-5910-misses-amazing-fit-dresses.aspx?VariantID=13564) for Easter
    3 - run a 10 K in early May
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    I want to fit back into my AE jeans that I got a couple years ago for christmas, I want to be able to run a 5k like I could in high school, and look good in a bikini by summer!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I originally was only trying to lose some weight to relieve pressure on bottom spine from sat in wheelchair all day as had chronic back pain and all weight is around my middle.. I was 2 stone over top of healthy for my height in june and struggled to sit for an hour without pain.

After losing first stone the back pain decreased by loads and once I started dropping weight quicker after going low carb and gluten free I wanted to get down to 9st 3 which wii fit says I should be.

I've been learning more about muscles and stuff and my ultimate aim is to keep my muscles strong enough to remain independant, so I now might settle for an higher weight as long as I'm healthy as I'd rather have more muscle that are stronger than be very thin and weaker with less muscle.

I've learnt loads from this site and people are more friendly and supportive on this site than previous dieting site I was on, which I think helps motivate me more.
  • parrya7x
    Options
    oh ive got lots,
    i want to get into my lbd (i last wore in 3 years ago at xmas)
    i want to get into my super skinny jeans
    i want a firm bum, ive alway had a big bottom and would love to be able to wear a pencil skirt
    i want to be able to keep up with my son and nt hold him back
    and i want to look in the mirror and be happy with it, if i can do these things i dont care what the scales say....
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Random ones haha:

1. For me not to freak out when my boyfriend puts his hands around my waist since the fat will be GONE.
    2. So I can give out more piggy back rides to my friend lol.
    3. Wear this one jacket that has horizontal stripes...I look like a freaking sick blue bumblebee in it right now!!
    4. Ollie excellently, since you have to really use your leg power when doing skate tricks
    5. Smile at my reflection :D
    6. Be on stage and not feel like everyone's staring at my largeness.
    7. Crank out 20 perfect pushups and pullups.
    8. Make it a habit to say TODAY not TOMORROW.
    9. Post an unedited photo of me of Facebook!
    10. Throw a perfect spiral a long distance.
    11. Not be afraid to look people in the eye.
    12. Wear a tank top in public and feel smexy~
    13. Actually be able to wear a belt and not have it look weird/ need a belt.
    14. Not have to wear the same high waisted jeans day in, day out.
    15. Cosplay excellently. (You dress up as video game/anime characters haha!)
    16. Look beautiful for dances/Prom.
    17. Wear less eye makeup!!!!
    18. Look good in that short haircut.
    19. Be in front of the camera more often, not behind it.
    20. I won't be referred by the (intended to be loving) nickname of "Squishy" LOL.
    21. Not having the urge to suck in my cheeks for photos~
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    These shorts!

MFPKyleLanzarote1996-psp3.jpg

I bought them about 17 years ago when I lived in Rotterdam and they were my favourite shorts and I still have them (one of the few items of slimline attire I didn't give away)

I may never ever be that thin again... I am nearly 50 after all... but that is my ultimate goal to fit once more into these 32" waist shorts :glasses:
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would like to walk around not having to suck in my stomach.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    5 pullups and a 26 inch waist
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    To be confident enough to start dating again cos single life can be so lonesome :sad: Ahh ok its a blast but I'd still like to lose some weight.:tongue:
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Very nice replies! Thank you to all of you: really motivating!

I have several, too. For example:

1) Seeing my abs once in a lifetime
    2) Wearing those skirts I used to love and that have been unused for years
    3) Not feeling ashamed when talking in front of a public (I have to do it a lot because of my job)
    4) Not feeling ashamed in front of my boyfriend
    5) Not hating to go shopping (I will never like it, but when you're fat it's really depressing)
    6) Getting in shape and being a sportswoman
    7) Not having my aunt and my granma telling me I've put on weight every Christmas
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    I want to finally be confident with my body. I'm hoping to be confident enough to wear a bikini to the beach by this summer.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Fitness: Run my regular 2.35 mile route in less than 24 minutes. I did it today at right under 28 minutes. :happy:

Body: I want to be able to wear a strapless sundress. I haven't put on a dress in 6 yrs. Even then it was forced upon me for my courthouse wedding. lol

Self-Image: I would love my self-confidence back. It's getting there. :blushing:
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of pants I'd love to see myself in! And, now that you mention the visible abs, that would be a definite first in my entire life!
  • dropofhope
    Options
    Here are some mini-goals for myself...

1. 40 inch waist
    2. Fit into my houndstooth pencil skirt, I can get it over my hips now, I just can't zip it yet!
    3. Be able to make it all the way through an entire Hot Hula class without stopping because my thighs and calfs burn...
    4. 10 complete man pushups...no knees!
    5. 50 pound weight loss, I'm at 22 pounds right now.
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    Guys, you are all so great! You have so many interesting, motivating goals! I love reading them. Stay focused on your wonderful goals and I wish you all happy shrinking! :flowerforyou:
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Pulling my knees up to my chest when sitting on the ground without my belly in the way and single digit pants!
  • going2befit
    Options
    I have a few shirts that are cute but super tight, and I just know they'll look awesome with a looser fit to them. So I really can't wait until they're loose on me. I also know that I have a lot of muscle, it's just covered by fat at the moment. I can't wait til I start seeing my arm and leg muscles showing.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    To be at a weight and fitness level to complete a full marathon.
    To have a 'normal' shape
    To keep up with my grandkids for the next 20 years no matter what they want to do.