What's your non-scale goal?

Options

Replies

• CNVH
    CNVH Posts: 3
    Options
    I want to be able to fit into my hunt coat again so I can go fox-hunting for the first time ever!! (The horses-and-hounds kind of fox hunting, that is... it's always been a dream of mine, I have the horse and i want to do it at least once before I die!)

Unfortunately hunting season for my local club only lasts a few more weeks, and I'm about 20 lbs away from fitting into the hunt coat-- not gonna happen this season, I'm afraid. :(

BUT, my secondary goal is to fit into said hunt coat by springtime, so that I can enter a starter trial (three-phase equestrian competition) in May. THAT is a very doable goal, I think-- 1 or 1 1/2 lbs/week will put me there by April.
  • hma2012
    Options
    I want to be able to run without my asthma totally screwing me over.
    I want to have a single digit pant size.
    I want to be more confident.
    I want to wear low cut pants without worrying about tummy or love handle hangover.
    I want to buy a shirt without trying it on, knowing that it will fit when I get home.

:)
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    1 - get back into my wedding dress (will try it on again on my anniversary in two weeks)
    2 - make and wear this dress (http://www.simplicity.com/p-5910-misses-amazing-fit-dresses.aspx?VariantID=13564) for Easter
    3 - run a 10 K in early May
    That dress is great! I'd love to be able to make (and fit) it in a size 14!!:love:
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I want to wear normal clothes from normal stores (no more plus size stores, which don't exist in Korea anyway..)
    I want to wear a bathing suit in summer and not be shy.
    I want to have a great hourglass figure (like 36-24-36 or something like that, haha!):blushing:
    I want my students to stop telling me how fat I am every time they see me :grumble: (preschoolers, man..)

I want to be flexible like I used to be.
    I want to experience less back and shoulder pain.

Mostly, I want to know that I'm not fitting the sterotype. :explode:
    I don't wanna be the fat american.
    I don't wanna be the fat lesbian, either.

Anyway, the numbers on the scale are neat to watch, but it's really the NSV stuff that's at the core of the issue, right? :bigsmile:
  • Summonabotch
    Summonabotch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My weight loss/fitness goals will be achieved when I no longer have moobs. I've already lost 50 lbs and am 5-10 lbs away from my "ideal" weight but I'm not stopping til I have pecs instead of peaks.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose so have a lot of clothes that I want to fit into, but one big goal for me will be when I can walk into a store and buy clothes. For the past numerous years I have had to order my clothes online from Lane Bryant. I will feel like I have reached my first goal when I can buy something from a real store. I tried some on two weeks ago and I could wear them but they weren't very attractive, so I know I'm "not there" yet, but I'm gettng there!!!
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mybabie- are you donating a kidney to him?

For me-
    1. Half marathon in March
    2. Fit in my awesome skinny person jeans, that are in my closet waiting for me
    3. See my abs? If thats even possible, I don't think i have EVER seen them before!
    4. But tone my arms- now that is more likely!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    - flat stomach/abs
    - lose 4 inches from my waist, 7 from my hips
    - fit in the pants I wore two years ago, then have them be loose
    - be able to do one arm push-ups
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    *I'd like to fit back into my size 6 jeans that are just hangin' around
    *To start dressing more professionally at work in cute clothes
    *To not be embarrassed when we go out on the boat -this year it put me in tears...

My fitness goals:
    *To strengthen my legs enough so that my weak-a** knees don't give me such problems (I have a hyper-mobility issue.....)
    *To kick hubby's butt at a good ole' round of raquetball!! :tongue:
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Goal 1 was to fit into a dress I bought 3 years ago. Finally met that :)
    My fitness goals are pretty simple:
    1) 1 full pull-up (then 2, 3, etc). I finally did 1 chin-up unassisted and with good form. Now it's just practice, practice, practice.
    2) To have arms that flex and don't jiggle.
    3) To look at my profile silhouette and see that from my hips to my shoulders I only have one spot where my body pops out. I'm not going for a flat tummy-I accept that'll be very hard. I just don't like the way I have a pooch above -and- below my waist.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Two goals:

1) GET RID OF NASTY KNEE FAT

2) Being able to wear my business casual wardrobe again
  • justaxletdown
    Options
    1) Get a thigh gap. I want one more than anything.
    2) Wear whatever I want and feel good. Consistently.
    3) To like what I see in the mirror. Consistently.
    4) To go see my friends this summer and amaze them with how awesome and small I look. Yeah. I haven't seen them in a long, long time.
    5) Flat stomach? Lose the "love" handles?
    6) Confidence in general. It's a process that I'm trying to maneuver alongside healthy eating/exercise.
  • uLinx
    uLinx Posts: 148
    Options
    I want my hip bones back! And my knees to stop hurting when I climb stairs :ohwell:

I wish you get there: hip bones are SEXY! Good luck! :love:
  • uLinx
    Options
    1 - get back into my wedding dress (will try it on again on my anniversary in two weeks)
    2 - make and wear this dress (http://www.simplicity.com/p-5910-misses-amazing-fit-dresses.aspx?VariantID=13564) for Easter
    3 - run a 10 K in early May

The dress is beautiful! It really looks gorgeous. Good choice.
  • uLinx
    Options
    I would like to walk around not having to suck in my stomach.

Haha, I do that a lot, too. :blushing:
  • uLinx
    Options
    -Complete a "Tough Mudder" Challenge
    -Feel better about myself
    - Have someone who hasn't seen me in a while say (holy s***!)

What's a Tough Mudder Challenge?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I think most of the MFP users have a weight goal in mind, but I'm curious about one thing. Do you also have a non-scale goal that pushes you through your weight loss journey?

I have several ones. For instance, I would like to see my abs once in my life. I am an apple shape and I've never been so lean in my life that I could actually see (even roughly) the shape of my abs. I would love that.

What about you, guys?

I honestly don't even have a scale goal. I want to wear size 2 clothes according to the Venus size chart, so that gives me specific inches goals there. I also want to be around 16% body fat. I guess I'll weigh around 115-125 when I get to my goal, but I don't know.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    -Complete a "Tough Mudder" Challenge
    -Feel better about myself
    - Have someone who hasn't seen me in a while say (holy s***!)

What's a Tough Mudder Challenge?

http://toughmudder.com/

It's an obstacle/survival course. Supposedly the toughest challenge out there. I also would like to, at some point, compete in one.

That and/or Run For Your Lives (http://runforyourlives.com/), which is a zombie obstacle course.
  • ydeleon
    Options
    Complete my second marathon in 5 hours.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    To fit back into my 34" jeans. I have a lot of them and am currently wearing "too tight" 38" jeans.

I really don't care about what I weigh, but 34" jeans is where I want to be!