5'5"-5'7" around 125-135lbs...measurements?

Options

Replies

• celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get the "you want to weigh that little?" looks when you say what your goal is? I'm 5'6 or 5'7 and am aiming for 142. I would love to go lower, but I'm not sure if it's realistic. I suppose only time will tell. I am fairly well padded in the hip and chest areas, but not particularly big-boned.

I'm 5'6" and have been at a plateau between 141-142 for a couple of months. I tend to carry my weight in my chest and waist. The last time I measured, my measurements were: chest- 37.8", waist - 30.5" and hips - 37.5%. My goal is 138, but it is going to be a struggle. People tell me I look great. I am a size 8 or 10, depending on the cut. Surprisingly, I can still wear the same bras I used to wear before I lost 32 lbs.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get the "you want to weigh that little?" looks when you say what your goal is? I'm 5'6 or 5'7 and am aiming for 142. I would love to go lower, but I'm not sure if it's realistic. I suppose only time will tell. I am fairly well padded in the hip and chest areas, but not particularly big-boned.

Haha yes I get that from people too.

I was 145 before and still was pretty flabby, so I'm aiming lower. But if that's the weight I'm at this time around and am lean I'd be happy. My doctor said the 150s is the highest I should be.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I don't really talk openly about my goals either. I'm still at the beginning of my weight loss, so people don't ask me or bring it up and neither do I!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, a typical dewdrop shage, carrying my weight on hips and thighs. My waist is 26, but hips...36.5, yuck. :(
  • albayin
    Options
    I haven't, but I don't really talk openly about my goals either. I'm still at the beginning of my weight loss, so people don't ask me or bring it up and neither do I!
    Sometimes being too open on something is just to open doors to critism and harsh comments. I learned it in a hard way.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7", 136#. 34 bust, 27 waist, 32 hips. wear size 2/26
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'', 135 lbs, 36-25-35
  • EllaA26
    Options
    bump
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Sometimes being too open on something is just to open doors to critism and harsh comments. I learned it in a hard way.
    I agree. And I don't like the unwanted advice or the "you're going to eat that, I thought you were on a diet" type comments. I can take care of it myself!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I am 5'5, a typical dewdrop shage, carrying my weight on hips and thighs. My waist is 26, but hips...36.5, yuck. :(
    Probably doesn't make you feel any better, but my hips (measuring around my butt too) are 45.5" so I've got 9" on you there!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 130.5lbs My measurements are: 37" bust, 26.5" waist and 35.5" hips. Hope this helps!
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    This is interesting! I am 5' 7" and have gone from 160 to nearly 150 (my then goal). In the new year I am setting myself another 5lb loss goal but also getting out a tape measure (as I am hoping to tone and fitten up too) but I really am surprised how light so many of you are or are aiming to be. Are some of these goals on the low side?

When I was very svelt and in my 20s /30s my waist was 27.5 - but I cannot remember hips/bust. Tho I did think the hips too big and the bust too small and not liking the waist much either! I weighed around 140/47 (ie 10 to 10.5 stone) i think. But I certainly was healthy and healthy looking.

Thanks for the food for thought ....
  • albayin
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 130.5lbs My measurements are: 37" bust, 26.5" waist and 35.5" hips. Hope this helps!
    This is my dream shape!
  • albayin
    Options
    This is interesting! I am 5' 7" and have gone from 160 to nearly 150 (my then goal). In the new year I am setting myself another 5lb loss goal but also getting out a tape measure (as I am hoping to tone and fitten up too) but I really am surprised how light so many of you are or are aiming to be. Are some of these goals on the low side?

When I was very svelt and in my 20s /30s my waist was 27.5 - but I cannot remember hips/bust. Tho I did think the hips too big and the bust too small and not liking the waist much either! I weighed around 140/47 (ie 10 to 10.5 stone) i think. But I certainly was healthy and healthy looking.

Based on several sites and charts, 130-135 pounds for a 5'5" height is right in the middle, so perfect. However this doesn't necesarily count for shapes, fat/muscle ratio and bone structure.

I don't know about 5'6 or 5'7. :flowerforyou:
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5"..weight is 135
    bust 34C
    waist-29
    hips-36
    tops-small to medium
    pants-8..havent tried a 6

I have IR and PCOS..so still a bit skinny/fat...so I aim to tone up..which will cause the numbers to go down..
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    dup post...ugh!
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and weigh 135lbs. For your info my measurements are:

Bust: 34
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 34

Body shapes obviously vary quite a bit. I'm obviously an hourglass shape. I wish I had taken measurements prior to losing my weight!! All the best!
  • lilybug13
    Options
    5'6 pretty close to 125, and I'm roughly 34-25-37
  • atay18
    atay18 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7'' and weigh 126 lbs. I'll post my measurements later, but it is definetely doable.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options

I think it really all depends on how you carry your weight! Right now, it's just a benchmark goal for me, I'll re-evaluate as I get closer!