5'5"-5'7" around 125-135lbs...measurements?

Options

Replies

• BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    love that someone asked this. and its great to know what to look for. I'm 5'5 and no where near my goal weight. I did a quick average of what everyone posted, so here is the medium I got, so far. Its not scientific, but it was just interesting
    bust 34 waist 26 hips 37
    Does this mean most of us in this range tend to be pear shaped? LOL, again not scientific but merely observation.

wouldn't it be more "coke bottle" or "hour glass"? =)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    love that someone asked this. and its great to know what to look for. I'm 5'5 and no where near my goal weight. I did a quick average of what everyone posted, so here is the medium I got, so far. Its not scientific, but it was just interesting
    bust 34 waist 26 hips 37
    Does this mean most of us in this range tend to be pear shaped? LOL, again not scientific but merely observation.

wouldn't it be more "coke bottle" or "hour glass"? =)
    34 top pretty small, unless she's C or above...LOL
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, fluctuate 128-130. I have an hourglass shape.
    Chest- 32C
    Waist-23
    Hips-36

My hips used to drive me nuts but I embrace curves because that's how I am built, I'll never have long lean legs, and smaller hips lol because my bones are there! =-) I would like to be 125lb but try to avoid the scale because it drives me nuts and I don't think I am meant to be 125 because when I was eating super clean and working out super hard I was down to 125 and passing out and thats scary! so I don't push my body...130 it is.

You ladies are all super fabulous! keep up the hard work!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

Technically, "hourglass" has less to do with your chest/boobs and more to do with having shoulders of similar width to your hips with a defined waist.
  • albayin
    Options

Technically, "hourglass" has less to do with your chest/boobs and more to do with having shoulders of similar width to your hips with a defined waist.

I thought that sounds more like a "pear shape" or "dewdrop".
  • albayin
    Options
    I am 5'5, fluctuate 128-130. I have an hourglass shape.
    Chest- 32C
    Waist-23
    Hips-36

My hips used to drive me nuts but I embrace curves because that's how I am built, I'll never have long lean legs, and smaller hips lol because my bones are there! =-) I would like to be 125lb but try to avoid the scale because it drives me nuts and I don't think I am meant to be 125 because when I was eating super clean and working out super hard I was down to 125 and passing out and thats scary! so I don't push my body...130 it is.

You ladies are all super fabulous! keep up the hard work!

wow 23 waist...in my dreams! :love:
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I am 5'5" or so and in that weight range. I believe I am 34-26-36 but it's been a while so I will double check tonight. I need to look at my measurements anyway.
    we are twins!
    but your profile picture looks AWESOME!

Thank you!!! :D
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" or so and in that weight range. I believe I am 34-26-36 but it's been a while so I will double check tonight. I need to look at my measurements anyway.
    your profile picture is pretty much exactly the type of body that I want! you look great!
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Something else to think about....your measurements will vary greatly depending on your muscle mass. I'm 5'7", and when very physically fit, I can weigh as much as 150 and have the same measurements/look the same as when I don't work out and weigh 140. So if you're trying to just get a lower number on the scale, then that's one thing. But if you're trying to increase your strength and muscle tone, keep in mind that you *will* weigh more. But IMHO, it'll look better--nobody wants to be skinny fat, right?
    I understand. That's the reason I made this thread, so I could see the measurements of people at that weight. I want to be small and fit.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but how are you measuring waist and hips? Is waist at your thinnest point, and hips at your widest?
    I measure my waist at it's biggest point, right around my belly button and including my love handles. Hips measured at the widest point including my butt. I didn't include my measurements on here, but that's where I take mine.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Something else to think about....your measurements will vary greatly depending on your muscle mass. I'm 5'7", and when very physically fit, I can weigh as much as 150 and have the same measurements/look the same as when I don't work out and weigh 140. So if you're trying to just get a lower number on the scale, then that's one thing. But if you're trying to increase your strength and muscle tone, keep in mind that you *will* weigh more. But IMHO, it'll look better--nobody wants to be skinny fat, right?
    I understand. That's the reason I made this thread, so I could see the measurements of people at that weight. I want to be small and fit.

This is probably a much better approach than a straight up scale weight. What I noticed when reading through this post, was that measurements are probably a better indicator than weight. There are plenty of people who weigh `"more", but have smaller measurements, and people who weigh "less", but have bigger measurements. I say "more" and "less" because there isn't a huge huge difference between 125 and 135, but I'd say the point still stands.
  • albayin
    Options

This is probably a much better approach than a straight up scale weight. What I noticed when reading through this post, was that measurements are probably a better indicator than weight. There are plenty of people who weigh `"more", but have smaller measurements, and people who weigh "less", but have bigger measurements. I say "more" and "less" because there isn't a huge huge difference between 125 and 135, but I'd say the point still stands.
    That's exactly what I have seen through this thread. But sometimes it's really hard to get over with that feeling of being "fatter" when seeing others measurement. LOL
  • commotionstrange
    commotionstrange Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump...I'm 5'7 and I can't decide my goal weight either...somewhere between 125 and 135 though, so I would love to hear everyone's answers.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and about 129lbs. My measurements are 35" bust, 27" waist and 37" hips
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question, but how are you measuring waist and hips? Is waist at your thinnest point, and hips at your widest?
    I measure my waist at it's biggest point, right around my belly button and including my love handles. Hips measured at the widest point including my butt. I didn't include my measurements on here, but that's where I take mine.

I measure at my natural waist like a tailor would (around the biggest part of the bust, the smallest part of the waist, and the biggest part of the hip - helps indicate how to cut a dress to size). But in truth, for me it doesn't matter because it used for tracking purposes nothing else.

On my jeans labeled 30x32 and the inseam is really 32" but circumference around the button is not 30" (its bigger), but it's bigger because the rise is lower than the natural waist. Women's clothing is ridiculous with sizing in general I find. =\
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i;m 5'8" 133 pounds

34-25.5-35
    a size 1 or 3
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'5 and 127 pounds
    chest:35
    waist:25
    hips: 36
    those are the only measurements I know
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", currently at 128lbs, and my measurements are: 35-26-36.5
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    132lbs (recently pregnant so thing have changed a bit)

5'6'', 25 inch waist, 38.5/39 inch hips, 31 inch bust, 18/19 inches for thighs.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I am 5'5, a typical dewdrop shage, carrying my weight on hips and thighs. My waist is 26, but hips...36.5, yuck. :(

Your fine honey.. I'm 'hippy' as well.. 38 ish inch hips :) Ironically, Ive got a decently low BF percentage.. so, that is just how my build is.