Nose piercing

Options
HealthyJess88
HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
Hello!

I've often thought "I'll get a nose piercing when I'm slimmer so I'm that cute, short girl with the nose stud"

Now that I'm almost halfway there, I'm thinking... maybe I might get it now?

But then part of me feels really nervous about it being a bad idea.

What are people's experience of nose studs? especially if you haven't got many other piercings (I just have two in each earlobe)

Replies

• Well go for it, live every day like its the last................worst case scenario...you hate it then just take it out. I won,t lie it hurts like hell having it put in but i loved mine. Yup it came out and i couldn,t get it back in again, but it hasn,t left any scar and i would have it done again.:smile:
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Do it if you want it and it'll make you feel better!

In my personal experience they are terrible. Even after you take them out they leave a mark, they are very painful to take out and in, don't even want to explain what happens when you have a runny nose/cold with them! Ugh! I regret getting mine done and a I said, even though I took mine out years ago... still have the mark :(

But if it's something you want, go for it!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I have one, I think it is cute! and you can always take it out! =) If you scar easily then maybe think twice, though
  • untilthesun
    untilthesun Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i have one, i love it, i had a previous peircing when i was younger, it didnt scar, :) i say go for it, your getting there and it can be a treat :P
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have two nose piercings on the same side and have done since I was about 19. I love them. I don't wear them so much but the holes are still open.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have two in one nostril. I wear little studs through it at the moment, but when I was in my 20s I used to wear little silver rings through it. If you want it, go for it. Expect it to be a bit uncomfortable for a while after getting it done, expect to wash the stud down the plughole whilst washing your face, and expect people who know you to stare at you a bit and ask dumb questions for a while.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I've had two, they're an easy piercing to look after and left no marks when I took them out.

My main advice would be to get it done in a shop that will pierce it with a needle as some will do it with an ear piercing gun but no piercing should ever be done with one of those. They can damage nerves and cartilidge.

Go for it though! Very easy to look after and they do look very cute. :) If you get a cold while having one try to persevere as much as possible without taking it out as they tend to heal up easily if you haven't had it for very long. :)
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Do it if you want it and it'll make you feel better!

In my personal experience they are terrible. Even after you take them out they leave a mark, they are very painful to take out and in, don't even want to explain what happens when you have a runny nose/cold with them! Ugh! I regret getting mine done and a I said, even though I took mine out years ago... still have the mark :(

But if it's something you want, go for it!

they are only painful to take out when freshly done or infected. Runny nose or cold is not a bother if you wear a ring. I don't even remember it being a problem. Yes they do leave a mark but it depends on your skin and I don't care about my marks as I still use the holes.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have mine done (had it done with the gun) and it was fine, its easy to look after and think it looks nice :D
    xx
  • nickymaire
    nickymaire Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    do it, i wanna get a belly piercing...not bell button. hard to explain but i saw this ab-tasic girl on the beach in Italy with one and if/when i reach my goal im getting it done. anyway if you don't like it you can always take it out. :)
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have one....I've had a lot of piercings and it has been my favorite so far. Easiest to heal because its kind of out of the way and I think it looks really cute. I always match them with my outfit :P...I will recommend to use the L screws though. I don't like the bone studs because they kind of hurt going in and out. But with the L its pretty comfy :)
  • HealthyJess88
    Options
    thanks so much guys :) i appreciate the feedback, the good and the bad experiences. I think i'll have a talk to the people at my local piercing place and if i like what I see, I'll look into it some more!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had mine pierced for about 20 years before it was really popular. Mine was done with a gun and was really simple and painless. Still have it in today and just wear a tiny diamond screw stud.
    I say go for it.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ive got my nose pierced! :) had it done 2 years ago just after my 17th birthday! I love it and wouldnt chance it for anything, it soo easy to look after it! Warm salt water and cotton bud 3 times a day, simple :D and it looks way cute! Ive got a yellow smiley face as my nose stud now, but i have loads of cute ones.. Ooh and i had it done with the gun too, and it doesnt hurt! Go for it xx
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just make sure that having a nose piercing doesnt go against any dress-codes your place of employment might have. I could hear an employee get mad when they were told they had to remove their nose-stud before they could punch in for work - and how they were told this prior to being hired because we are in a food-environment... and this violates a few policies we have, that we all sign consent of understanding...
  • HealthyJess88
    Options
    I work in a call-centre so thankfully I don't think it will be a problem, not customer facing or food handling :)
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I have one and LOVE IT.. I dont regret it and you should do it if you want to.. You dont have to be any size to get one and look good with it.. Mine is very small alot of people dont even think I have one. So if you feel like you want it go for it. :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I work in a call-centre so thankfully I don't think it will be a problem, not customer facing or food handling :)

you are very lucky - I have always thought about getting this done, but I love working as a chef where I am at.... but, I dont see said-employee lasting long! LOL!
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Go for it! I absolutely love mine and like everyone has already said, if you decide you don't like it you can always just take it out. I have a really, really tiny one that I wear at work - it's almost imperceptable. I think they're super cute.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I think they look cute with a tiny diamond in it. I also would get it done with a needle. I had the part of the ear that if you press on it you cover your ear hole -- I don't know what the name of that part of the ear. But, had it done with a needle. Much, much better than with a gun. Good luck.