Nose piercing

Options

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    tragus? yes i want that one done as well, just i use earbud headphones every day and wouldn't want to knock it!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I love love love mine! The pain during the initial piercing was nothing - like a one-second hard pinch, but after that it was fine! Just make sure you're very careful with your towel...ouch!

Always make sure your piercer uses a needle, never a gun, and keep it very clean and dry for the first few weeks.
  • snowpony
    snowpony Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have only ever pierced my belly button with a needle and it left a scar. All of the girls that I know who have pierced their noses have scars.
  • andreacord
    Options
    I have one and I think its cute. My one word of caution would be get it done by a professional piercing shop with a needle and not a gun. Places like ardene and claire's do it with a gun, and while mine's healed nicely now, I got it done at Ardene and I had major infections with it for the first two months .. it didn't look good, didn't feel good and probably should have just let it heal.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    But then part of me feels really nervous about it being a bad idea.

Girls to me are so much cuter without. I say Bad Idea...
  • Manysongs
    Options
    I have had one for years and don't regret it one bit! If you want it go for it!! In my experience it hurt as much as getting my ears pierced and it does NOT hurt any more at all to take the post out to change and clean. No worries when you have a cold or sneeze either. :smile:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I thought I wanted one at one time. I bought a package of glue on body jewelry, just to see what it might look like if I were to have a little diamond stud earring. Turns out, I didn't like the way it looked on me at all, so I decided against doing it.

On the other hand, I wanted to wait until I got thinner to have my navel pierced, but my sis said 'why not do it now', so I got it done. She, my daughter-in-law, and I all got it done at the same time, and I'm the only one that has kept it---had it 7 years now. Never have regretted it. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    i have mine and have had it since I was 17 I thnk, can't remember now, anyways been about 9 years now and i intend to keep it in forever, its so cute. used to have lots in my ears that closed up and had my tongue pierced but i took that out...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I used to have mine done, and I liked it ok. It was a pain when I was blowing my nose, which was all the time since I have chronic allergies. And mine never completely healed, but that's just how my body is -- my belly button piercing was the same. So when I had to take it out for an hour, I couldn't get it back in, and that was the end of my piercing.

But I will say that a nose stud is pretty common these days, so unless you're wearing some huge ring in your nose, it won't be outrageous. I think if you want it, you should go for it. Worst that can happen is you don't like it and end up taking it out. No big. You won't have a giant hole in your nose if you take it out.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Follow local tattoo/piercing shops on Facebook. I wouldn't let anyone near me with a needle who didn't have a good FB presence. Plus, lots of places have special offers this time of year, such as discounts on certificates.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I've had mine done for more than 5 years, and I'd recommend it if it's something you want. I hardly wear mine now, but every now and then I pop it back in. Even after 5 years, it starts to grow over pretty quickly, and the hole closes up to practically nothing. I have a hard time finding jewelry that fits well and feels comfy. I've pretty much stuck with the original screw, because that's the only thing that felt half decent. It still gets annoying at times, and that's why I take it out.

My daughter hasn't had a very good experience with her nose piercings. She's tried 3 or 4 times to have it done, and each time it got infected/rejected. She's come to realize that her body will only allow bioplast jewelry -- she even rejected titanium.

Either way, if you regret it, it's easy enough to take it out and let it grow over. Even after terrible infections, my daughter's piercing healed to be completely unnoticeable.

Oh, and do not get it done with a gun! Go to a qualified piercer.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I've had a silver hoop in my nostril for 5 years now. I got it when I started college.

At first, I thought EVERYONE noticed and automatically looked at it. Now, I often forget I still have it! I get lots of compliments on it, and I think it works on my face. The healing process was easy (however, everyone's body is different, and there still a chance of rejection)
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Go for it!! I have one but take it out for work.
    I have actually worn mine on and off for 10 years....I don't wear it for a while and then miss it and pop it back in until I get bored of it again :happy:
    I have no scarring, but then I do have lots of freckles so maybe it is just not as easy to see :smile: , I also have no issues when I put it back in :bigsmile:
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Nose studs are one of the easier piercings to look after, as long as you know what you're doing with them. So read up on some piercing websites on aftercare and make sure you follow the instructions while it's healing. Despite what people say, changing jewellery is something that you shouldn't do until after the piercing is healed which can take a while! Always listen to a piercer's advice - oh and don't go to a jeweller or hairdresser to get it done, bad idea. That's usually how people end up with scars - needles are so much safer and better than guns!

**anti-piercing-gun rant over**

Just noticed people above me have already said these things but you can never overstate these things :wink:

I would also recommend buying a micro labret stud for it (if you want a stud) because other ones have backs that get very annoying. A good material like titanium will make sure it doesn't get agitated or infected. These type of studs are a little tricky to put in, but once it's in there it ain't coming out unless you want it to! Here's a link so you can see what it is: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/titanium_micro_labret_studs_12mm_tiglo_3927400.cfm

I've had mine for years and have had no trouble with it (after the initial healing period).

Oh and go for it - you only live once as they say!
  • Mandysc
    Mandysc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for years now and I love love love it!!! I have only had my ears pierced so I was a little nervous as well but I have not had any problems with it! The only thing I will say is I bought some studs from walmart and put one in well I do have sensitive ears but never thought the same with my nose so it did get red and sore because the stud was cheap and it was thinner gauge but I just put the nose stud I got it pierced with back in and haven't had any problems since then!! Good Luck!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I've had my nose pierced with a stud 3 different times. I loved it every time.

Any holes I have end up closing up @ a super-human speed so that's why I don't have it anymore. I got tired of getting it re-pierced, :laugh:

I'm big into piercing (but not at a freaky level) and have had my ears, belly button, tongue (3 different times) and nose pierced (3 different times here, too).

I think they're cute and if you want one, go for it.

It does sting for a bit (feels like getting head-butted in the nose) so there is, obviously, a bit of discomfort but it soon goes away - talking minutes.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :bigsmile:
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! It's painful though, i nearly passed out when I had mine done but I am a complete whimp!!!!

Apart from my ears its the only piercing i have. I had it done when I was 21 for a birthday treat.

Definitely get it done with a needle though, despite the pain it'll look prettier and you'll be able to wear the smaller studs.

GO FOR IT!!!! And post a pic when you're done!!! good luck x :flowerforyou:
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well go for it, live every day like its the last................worst case scenario...you hate it then just take it out. I won,t lie it hurts like hell having it put in but i loved mine. Yup it came out and i couldn,t get it back in again, but it hasn,t left any scar and i would have it done again.:smile:

This.
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I've often thought "I'll get a nose piercing when I'm slimmer so I'm that cute, short girl with the nose stud"

Now that I'm almost halfway there, I'm thinking... maybe I might get it now?

But then part of me feels really nervous about it being a bad idea.

What are people's experience of nose studs? especially if you haven't got many other piercings (I just have two in each earlobe)

I had my nose piereced for a few years, but removed it for work.
    If you really want it. go for it :)
    i'm sure you'd look cute no matter what :)
  • magneticcat
    magneticcat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have one and it is so easy to look after and looks gorgeous!! I had a helix piercing that was SO hard to look after (it got infected all the time...I guess because it was always touching my hair) so I took it out. But I've not had any problems with my nose piecing! One time it fell out and then the hole grew over so I had it repierced in a different place (just to try it out) and the scar from the other one is still there, but it's very small and not noticeable. I love it so much - it's such an attractive piercing! And you can buy a small tube of numbing cream from the chemist if you're worried about the pain (that's what I did the first time and barely felt it! I'm hoping to get a belly button piercing when I get to my goal! Good luck!