• PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Good Morning all!
    Hope to have some good numbers!

Me -- same:grumble: On to a new week.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Down from 202 to 199! I am so happy I am below 200!
  • Kristihgp
    Options

:drinker: CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an awesome milestone!! HAPPY dancin' for ya!!!

Sorry Kacee...totally forgot to weigh in this morning...:grumble: I know!! I know...but getting the
    kids off to school after the long weekend was NOT FUN this morning...I will report tomorrow.
    SORRY!!! :cry:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    thomposon what an amazing accomplishment u must be in a high right now :flowerforyou:

i have to go for my walk then weigh in (makes me feel better and is my routine on tues) a bit nervous cause of my unwanted friend and it being the end of week four and entering week 5 really can it be?

im a bundle of nerves but will accept my fate (see how adult im being?)
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    Well congrats on reaching milestone. I can't wait to reach some of mine. Unfortunaley I dopn't have any good news to report today. The wife and i went out to eat yesterday because we didn't get to on V- day. I let her pick the place and wouldn't you know she picked the Freakin Cheese Cake Factory. I think I did ok considering my options. I studied that menu for no lie 20 mins. The after we ate she said she wanted some dessert. i told her to get some but she said she wouldn't get any if I didn't. I did not want to deprive a pregnant woman of sweets so i went along with it and I only ate about half of a slice. It showed this morning. I was up one lb to 236. I still worked out hard and I know I would have been even heavier I hadn't been wokring out, so all things considering I feel ok since I had a good weigh in at work last week. Good Luck to everyone else on a new week!
  • s_dimples
    Options
    Congratulations thompson! One day I will be there too.

Sorry i didn't check in last week - life intervened. I lost 1.2 lbs last week. This week I am not going to weigh in because of TOM.
  • pepamint83
    Options
    tid dont feel too bad u didnt go overboard a treat once and a while wont hurt u just do a little extra excercise or something.

my nerves were spot on i only lost 0.3 :cry: that doesnt even count. im not sure whats going on i seem to be losing less weight and i have a feeling i am not eating enough calories (a huge problem for me and im gonna try workking on that to see if it makes a difference)cause as i u all now for once i think im doing ok in the excercise dept. (strange since it usually is the opposite) :huh: also as u call her aunt flo is probably not helping.:devil: ..now does this mean i can lose double next week to make up for this weeks water weight????:bigsmile:

why is it called water weight i mean we are supposed to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to lose weight and then when the scale is too high its can be due to water weight..:bigsmile:

sorry needed to rant today feeling sad about the weight loss or non loss but gonna go on and think of the new week ahead of me and of next weeks weigh in.

xoxo

tortoise
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! well, last night my little one and I slept on the couch... She's got a fever and is all congested and coughing... I hate it when people bring their kids to her preschool knowing full well that they are sick!!! Anyway, it's been a crappy 2 days, even though she's been a trooper through it all. My grand total weight loss is.........0 pounds lost. On a happier note, my size 16's are falling off of my hips, so things are going in the right direction!!! Good job Thompsons on being in the 100's!!!
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lost 1 lb. this week - not bad considering V-day and family BBQ!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    hello all!

I am new to the group...just started MFP a couple wks ago and am getting my bearings. I had a really great wk last wk, getting in all of my water as well as eating and exercising well. Sunday and Monday were rough patches for me seeing as I had my v-day on sunday and went to lunch unsuccessfully yesterday with a friend. Then my legs were so sore from doing plyometrics on sat I could barely walk :sad: I really need to be better about stretching!

So here I am starting anew today :happy:

I have class all day then am going to come home to do both cardio and strength training to make up for yesterday! (then I will do my weigh in :laugh: )

Hope everyone is having a good week ! :flowerforyou:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm at work so I just want to check in and let you know I lost another pound this week! Yay! I was shocked cuz I drank a few alcoholic beverages (literally 3) on Sunday and had pizza last night when my boys got home. Wish I had more time to check in with everyone and read what you have to say this morning, but I will be by later on! Happy Tuesday!
  • Kristihgp
    Options
    :noway: Found a recipe you all might like....it is a low cal version of Taco Bell's Crunch Wrap Supreme:

Wrapper's Delight

Who needs a late-night drive-thru run when you can make this low-cal version of a Taco Bell favorite at home? Roll up your sleeves, chica, and get busy!

Ingredients:
    1 large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High Fiber tortilla
    3 baked corn tortilla chips (like Guiltless Gourmet's Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips)
    1/4 cup drained 98% fat-free chunk white chicken breast (previously packed in water)
    1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    1/4 cup shredded lettuce
    One-third plum tomato, diced
    1 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
    1/2 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
    2 dashes cayenne pepper, or more to taste

Directions:
    Using a fork or knife, break up the chicken so there are no large chunks. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken, cheese, taco seasoning mix, and cayenne pepper, and mix well. If you like, season to taste with extra cayenne pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until cheese begins to melt. Set aside.

Warm the tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds (making it easier to fold without ripping), and then lay it out on a flat surface. Place the chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla. Flatten the mixture into a circle, keeping it about 2 inches from the outer edge of the tortilla. Next, layer the tortilla chips on top of the chicken mixture. Evenly top with sour cream, lettuce, and tomato.

FOLDING INSTRUCTIONS: Starting at the bottom of the tortilla, fold edge up a few inches to the tortilla's center. Then, going around the edge of the tortilla, repeatedly fold, overlapping sections to meet in the center for a total of about six folds, until filling is completely enclosed. (Trust us, it's easy!)

Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat, and carefully place the folded tortilla in the center of the pan with the folded side down. Heat for 4 - 5 minutes, until the tortilla is browned. Carefully flip it with a spatula, and heat for another 30 - 60 seconds. Now chew it up!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 Crunchtastic Supreme (entire recipe)
    Calories: 210
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 882mg
    Carbs: 27.5g
    Fiber: 13g
    Sugars: 2.5g
    Protein: 26g

POINTS® value 4*

As compared to the "real thing".....WOWIE!!!!

Serving Size: 1 Crunchwrap Supreme
    Calories: 530
    Fat: 21g
    Sodium: 1,370mg
    Carbs: 67g
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 19g

POINTS® value 12*
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Yay!!:bigsmile: I know you were really lookin for that number. way ta go, see even with the cake. Good for you!!
    I think everyone did a fabulous job with our first "food related" holiday and a long weekend to boot. I'm so proud of everyone!!
    Pepamint -- I think we had this conversation before about out calorie intake. I was also thinking that I should bump mine up a little, so this last week I did. I think it has helped, while the scale didn't show it this week, earlier I was down 1.5. I think AF coming soon has something to do with that though. So it might help you, just try a little at a time and see how it goes. I think it's helping me.:happy:

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    tid dont feel too bad u didnt go overboard a treat once and a while wont hurt u just do a little extra excercise or something.

my nerves were spot on i only lost 0.3 :cry: that doesnt even count. im not sure whats going on i seem to be losing less weight and i have a feeling i am not eating enough calories (a huge problem for me and im gonna try workking on that to see if it makes a difference)cause as i u all now for once i think im doing ok in the excercise dept. (strange since it usually is the opposite) :huh: also as u call her aunt flo is probably not helping.:devil: ..now does this mean i can lose double next week to make up for this weeks water weight????:bigsmile:

why is it called water weight i mean we are supposed to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to lose weight and then when the scale is too high its can be due to water weight..:bigsmile:

sorry needed to rant today feeling sad about the weight loss or non loss but gonna go on and think of the new week ahead of me and of next weeks weigh in.

xoxo

tortoise

So are you eating all of your calories? Also are you eating your excercise calories? I try and stay as close as possible to eating my daily calories. If I find my self running low then I have a snack that is high in calories but not to unhealthy. One of my favs is an apple with 2 tbl peanut butter. The apple is usually 72 calories and the pb is 190, so that is almost 300 calories. You can do the same with a banana. I also have some of the weight watchers little chocolate cakes and they are 90 calories. A little snack size bag of pretzels is 100 calories. A granola bra iss 100 calories. They are all things I grab if I am trying to add some calories. I do not eat my exercise calories. That is by my doctors orders though. He does not feel I need to eat them. So I am not. Also when you are going on your walks, are they more leasurly or are you sweeting and is it hard to talk to someone? They are all big factors. If you and your mom like walking you should try some of Leslie Samson's Walk away the pounds or Walk slim videos. It is in home walking with a combination of 4 steps. It is easy for all fitness levels. She has from a 1 mile to a 5 mile. She has some with jogs even. They are really great and make me sweet my butt off. Anyway good luck and maybe next week will be better for you. However keep in mind that you didn't gain and that is important. Also I am not sure about the whole water weight thing. I has af last week, well still not gone but I was no heavier this time. Last month I was a lot heavier. I know you retain more fluid while on your cycle but not sure why.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Yay!!:bigsmile: I know you were really lookin for that number. way ta go, see even with the cake. Good for you!!
    I think everyone did a fabulous job with our first "food related" holiday and a long weekend to boot. I'm so proud of everyone!!
    Pepamint -- I think we had this conversation before about out calorie intake. I was also thinking that I should bump mine up a little, so this last week I did. I think it has helped, while the scale didn't show it this week, earlier I was down 1.5. I think AF coming soon has something to do with that though. So it might help you, just try a little at a time and see how it goes. I think it's helping me.:happy:

Keep up the good work everyone!!
    Thanks! I had gotten to 199 the day before v-day and then gained back the 2 lbs and was at 201 so then I have kicked my butt in gear and got back to 199. I just want to keep moving down. I am actually only a few lbs away from when I got prego. I don't look the same phyically but I just have to keep at it. By the way everyone, I was reading another thread and they were talking about plastic surgery. What are your thoughts on this? I must admit I would like one more child but after that I would love a tummy tuck and a boob job. I don't know if I would ever get one cause of money and pain. Anyway just wandering.
  • FoxyLoxy
    FoxyLoxy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone working so hard to meet their goals! You guys are doing so great!

Okay, so this week may fall in the category of no news is good news...or something like that. No loss or gain to report - have to include the positive ;o) The truly good news is that I visited the doctor on Friday due to my persistent cough, sinus, & generally ill feelings that I've had for the past 6 months and it turns out that I have allergies so now that I am all hooked up with 3 different allergy meds and have been able to catch up on some desperately needed sleep/rest I'm feeling brand new! I'm back! :bigsmile: Yay!!!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I had another maintain this week. :grumble:

But, I suppose coasting for two weeks is worlds better then gaining for two.

YAY for everyone doing so well! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    So what are everyone's goals for the week as far as workouts and times per week working out?
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the P90x program, and then I play volleyball for around 4-5 hours a week, too.
  • pepamint83
    Options
    So are you eating all of your calories? Also are you eating your excercise calories? I try and stay as close as possible to eating my daily calories. If I find my self running low then I have a snack that is high in calories but not to unhealthy. One of my favs is an apple with 2 tbl peanut butter. The apple is usually 72 calories and the pb is 190, so that is almost 300 calories. You can do the same with a banana. I also have some of the weight watchers little chocolate cakes and they are 90 calories. A little snack size bag of pretzels is 100 calories. A granola bra iss 100 calories. They are all things I grab if I am trying to add some calories. I do not eat my exercise calories. That is by my doctors orders though. He does not feel I need to eat them. So I am not. Also when you are going on your walks, are they more leasurly or are you sweeting and is it hard to talk to someone? They are all big factors. If you and your mom like walking you should try some of Leslie Samson's Walk away the pounds or Walk slim videos. It is in home walking with a combination of 4 steps. It is easy for all fitness levels. She has from a 1 mile to a 5 mile. She has some with jogs even. They are really great and make me sweet my butt off. Anyway good luck and maybe next week will be better for you. However keep in mind that you didn't gain and that is important. Also I am not sure about the whole water weight thing. I has af last week, well still not gone but I was no heavier this time. Last month I was a lot heavier. I know you retain more fluid while on your cycle but not sure why.

first confession im trying so hard to eat all my calories i am eating so much breakfast lunch dinner even an occasional snack but i can barely hit 1,000 sometimes (bigger confession sometimes i am under about 600 calories) that is BEFORE my excercise calories are added in. during my 30 + walks i get sweaty and hot i know its not the excercise i am actualy doing well in that department for once 5 days a week at least and in the am and at least 30 32 minutes (i can get 45 min in but not this week not feeling so great) the reason i took the walks outside was because the treadmill broke but when we walk its uphill mostly some downhill and straight and we go for at least 2 and 1/2 miles the workouts definetly arent the problem i am pretty sure its the food but if im full from eating what am i supposed to do? i try eating more frequently i am just not hungry but i am trying a little more to be better by that (who knew i would have to eat more to lose weight) Yes i didnt gain (and lost .3 :bigsmile: my mother says try weighing myself fri when its all over but i think im just gonna weight until next tues and not think about it im gonna keep on moving foward slow and steady wins the race and i am the toroise im okay it was just a bad morning. but thank you so much for the support keep it coming cause i totally need it.

tid my goal this week is to keep up my 5 day walks try to do a 45 min - an hour fri sat and sun and try to do the 30 day shred again but just the strength training part not yet ready for the whole thing just yet although who knows i may come on next week and say i did it lol.

and your goal?