Sisterhood HCP Week 5

Options

Replies

• tidwelljw
    Options
    I don't think we have heard from our ringleader in a couple days. Has she abandoned us???:brokenheart:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I hope not! We have to stay together and stay strong! I am addicted to this site! It is the first thing I check in the morning and then I check it through out the whole evening cause that is when you all post.
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Fear of abandonment anyone?:laugh:
    I haven't left you. Just been feeling yucky (AF is never kind to me) and been busy. Gearing up for calving season. There's more people, I've talked to a few of them, and either they've been busy, or they just don't feel like posting a bunch. They still check-in, and say they enjoy all the topics and posts all the "regulars" post. So don't worry, our numbers are still there, not eveyone posts as much as some others. Some weigh in on other days, some just send their weigh-ins to me, cuz they aren't ready to "go public". Don't worry, I still think we have an excellent group!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    i'm still around too. Just haven't posted a bunch this week. I too am addicted to this site - it's my homepage even! Been a very busy and important week in my house. My man took his ex-wife to court for child support that she was supposed to pay starting last January and hadn't paid a dime. Long story, but she's one of those rare women who never should have been a mom. I hope I can offer my stepson all the things she's lacked in his life. Anyway, to say the least, it's been emotional around here and tense. All is okay though -she made a scene in court and basically shot herself in the foot. Hopefully our lives can go on in peace.

Not expecting to have lost anything come Tuesday. Not that I've gone off the wagon, but my efforts have been less than normal. We're already planning on having homemade burgers for supper (I do make awesome ones if I say so myself) and going out for DAIRY QUEEN after! Trying to keep things in check in preparation for that splurge!

Happy weekend everyone! Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I haven't left!!! I'm still here!!! I think that we play internet tag so much because our time differences are so varied... But I appreciate the fact that we have stuck together for so long!!! I'm starting to catch whatever my daughters ended up getting (flu, cold, cough?) and am feeling pretty run down... I am going to take it easy with the exercising-probably just walking on the treadmill, and just watching my calorie intake today. Hope everyone else has a great weekend!!!:drinker:
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I think it jus seems like a lot of people are gone. Maybe like you said they just are not posting much on here. It just seems like that first post, when we were voting on a name or the first week that we has a lot more people. I like our group, we all have great imput's.
    PumpkinHeadsMomma- Are you keeping track of our weightloss each week? I didn't know since you said some people are sending you there weight directly. So many groups are run so differently. Some are keeping track of weight some are doing challenges. Thanks for being our ringleader.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Ooohhhh, our "ringleader" makes PumkinHeadsMomma sound like she's overseeing some sort of "evil secret society".:bigsmile: Maybe we could be the "tough" support group-nobody better mess with us!!! :laugh:
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Ooohhhh, our "ringleader" makes PumkinHeadsMomma sound like she's overseeing some sort of "evil secret society".:bigsmile: Maybe we could be the "tough" support group-nobody better mess with us!!! :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You make me sound much tougher than I really am! I'm a weiney compared to you, Miss GI Jane:laugh:

Umm, well I was kinda keeping track of everybody, just till I kinda felt things out. Most everyone posts regularly (sp?) enough that I don't bother with it. I'm not going to be a nag to anyone. Some have just chosen to send me a note stating their progress and I assume it's because they're not comfortable sharing, so I just respect that. As far as challenges, I'd like to see us do more as a group, but I don't always have that much brain power, so by all means, if you think of something -- share away.

PS -- with a name like PunkinHeadsMomma, how could that possibly strike fear into anyone??:laugh:

Oh and since everyone was sharing, I guess I started this program about a week before the group started. So I guess it's 6 weeks. That's depressing, 11 pounds in 6 weeks. :grumble: That sucks monkey nuts man.:angry: I know I know, taking it off slowly is better. I was just hoping for a little better, especially after 2 weeks of nothing......blah. :grumble: This too shall pass.:wink:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Chicky, have you tried carrying around 11 pounds of ANYTHING recently? Go get a 10 lb bag of flour, and carry it around your house for a couple of hours!!! I guarantee you won't feel like 11 pounds is a little amount!!! You really are doing great!!!

I start feeling depressed when I look at my 12 pounds lost, but then I realize that it's the same amount of weight as, well, some of the weights that I lift when working out... If using 12 lb weights for a little while wear me out, then think about how much extra effort my poor body was straining through every single day that I carried it!!!

We're all going to lose at different paces, but the most important thing to remember is that you've lost that weight, and your body is already healthier because of it!!! You're our fearless leader(ringleader), and we're soooooo proud of you for the progress you've made already!!!

*And PunkinHeadsMOMMA is one of those names that should strike fear into all hearts-have you ever seen what happens to someone dumb enough to get in between a momma bear and her cubs?!! Let me tell ya, it's NOT a pretty sight!!!*
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    If i remember right isn't pumpkin head one of those scary stories........I remember seeing a movie like that. Now granted it was a block buster or anything, but pumpkin head was no joke...I dang sure wouldn't want to meet the one that created that thing! :noway: :wink: :
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    I am afraid that I too have caught something awful. The wife and both woke up sick the same day. That's never happen! I spent 4 hours in the doctors office today to find out that I had to go buy $110 worth of freaking medication! The sad thing is the wifey can't get shots or anything, all she can take is some Tylenol cold!:brokenheart:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I think I saw that movie!!! Definitely not even a "B" movie, but I'm such a chicken about horror films that I probably still lost sleep over it...:ohwell:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I agree Pep...

I started on 2/9/09...3 lbs down :grumble:

however the continuing theme is slow and steady wins the race right?

Hope every one is having a good day :flowerforyou:

well that is my theme at least :bigsmile: i am the tortoise :love: but everyone can be and we will beat the rabbit
    Hey I hope I'm not the rabit. I know I am in the lead right now but I am sure it will not stay that way for long. I am not sure how it is falling off me. I eat all my calories, some times more. I just workout like crazy and I actually slowed that down this week cause I think I was working out to much and not eating my workout calories so my body was hanging onto the pounds. I was basically putting myself to low on calorie intake.

nope nope nope :bigsmile: the rabbit or rather the hare is the weight its like the story the tortoise and the hare you know the tortoise is slow (like losing weight) and the hare is fast (fat :sick: ) but the tortoise always wins the race cause slow and steady wins the race :drinker: and this time that is my motto (everyone may borrow it and be the tortoise with me) but i am for once gonna beet that hare and win this race. sorry mister ur sick and the wife drink plenty of fluids something nasty is going around.punkin dont be discouraged im in week 5 (tues will start week 6 and im down 7 pounds)

oh that reminds me i did my cardio walk yesterday and was able to do the strength training part of the 30 day shred much much better than last time no pain no sores (just the regular stuff) so i think i was right the dvd is ment to be its own workout but you can do the whole thing and your other stuff but its not necessary so im doing my walk and the streangth part of the video

also when did everyone else start? where is everyone from? and are we brave yet to tell first names or just go by our screen names?

xoxo

tortoise

ps my mother is still around she posted but no one answered her :cry: (iwanttobehealthy shes the red head - im not :bigsmile: )
  • MissResa
    Options
    Poop Mister Sister and Missis Sister!!! I hope you all get some much needed rest, and make sure to drink a bunch of fluids!!! Feel better soon, and you two will be in my prayers!!!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Pepamint -- Sorry no one replied to your momma, but I didn't think she asked a question. Did I miss it? I'm confused:ohwell: In answer to the question, Kacee, from Wyoming. They don't call me fearless leader for nothing. Besides, the chances of a murderer making it to my house without freezing to death or being eaten by something else is like 1 in a bahjillion.:laugh:

Mista Sista -- being Prego isn't easy, that's why you need to keep up on your meds to get better so you can take care of her. Besides, if having babies was easy, men would do it.:laugh: :laugh:

Miss Resa -- I know you have a good point. It's just been bugging me. I need to bump up my exercise (been hard to find enough time), hopefully that will happen when my freakin 30 day shred comes!!!!! Same ol boring routines are getting old, and can't exactly go outside, or to the gym.:ohwell: Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.:wink:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Hello ladies and gents!

It's a new week, and I did horrible last week with both exercise and eating, so I am brushing off last week and starting a new!

Lets all make it a good one this week :flowerforyou:

Oh yea....my name is Meg, currently in Michigan (only for another 6 months, thank God! )

I realized my problem last week was eating out then I was so full at night I didn't want to work out :blushing: SO this morning I went to the grocery store and got lots of Yummy fresh food to motivate me not to go out and I am going to stick with the P90x workouts consistenly :drinker:

Hopefully everyone is having a relaxing Sunday (Im at work all day :grumble: ) and feeling better this week :heart:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard to stay motivated when it comes to P90X, isn't it? I am sick right now, and last night was a Cardio X night for me, but I ended up falling asleep on the couch, and then my husband made me go to bed... I at least walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes earlier on in the day, but this morning I felt like a bum-but my husband told me I looked terrible last night and it wasn't worth it...

I' going to try to continue tonight if I feel better-usually I feel the worst right when I wake up and right when I go to bed... If I try during the evening before I tire out, I think I'll be okay..
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    iwanttostayhealthy- Sorry if you felt left out! We kind get in our own little land here. I didn't think you asked anything, if so sorry:( Seems to me like you and your daughter are doing well together. I wish I had someone to go through this journey with! I hate not haveing a workout buddy:( In NY I had a group of 4 friends and we would go and talk the whole time it was so nice. So are yo uall getting a new tredmil and time soon or sticking with the grat outdoors? If you like workout videos then you should try Leslie Samson Walk Slim or Walk Away the Pounds. They are in home walking from 1 mile to 5.

Tid- Yes there was a movie called Pumpkinhead! Was it with like a headless horseman or am I thinking of something else? Sorry you and the Misses don't feel well.

Pepamint83- Sorry we left your Mom out! Nothing intentional. Glad you were able to do the 30 day shred. I was thinking of ordering it cause everyone raves about it. I love my workout videos but am getting kinda burnt out. Also I dont mind sharing names. Not sure about everyone else. My name is Christine and I am from MD originally and we have moved alot due to Military which has put in in Germany for the time being. Which is why I am almost a day ahead all the time.

PumpkinHeadsMomma- I can't believe that you haven't gotten your 30 day shred yet. Who did you order it from so I make sure not to order from them? I am lucky enough to workout at the gym in the day while my oldest is at school. However I like to do some short cardio in the evening. I like the Walk Away the pounds videos cause there are not crunches or squats or lunges. All of which I hate. Also maybe for a challenge this week we could make it that you only weigh one time. I know a bunch of us weigh daily. Another one could be to try the push up or sit up challenge. Another could be to do an extra day of cardio. Another could be if working out in a gym to use a different machine than usual. Another could be to try and run. I could think of them all day. I just wandered about tracking cause I have seen a lot of threads do a spreadsheet in excel and post it with the updates. That was the only reason I was curious.

Hopetobeinshape- Or shall I say Meg. I know what you mean about not wanting to workout after being full. What is p90X like? It seems so expensive and very intence. There are a couple of you doing that video on this thread.

Ok as for me! I had a good weekend, and am down to 196!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited, I want to scream on the roof top. I have also had like 4 people tell me that I have lost weight and look good. Not to mention that my hubby is noticing when we get on the webcams. He is wishing he was home to enjoy! I actually took a day off of working out yesterday. I have not taken a day off since I started. Most days I do cardio two times a day. I was just feeling really lazy. I thought I deserved it also. So today I did a video but then had a birthday party to go to. I didn't know she would have snacks out and I ate more than I should have. Not too much but it was basically and early dinner. Which is ok cause I am still not hungry. I have a real weakness for buffets and party's. Well I have to get my lo to bed. Hope you all have a great Sunday! Only two more days till weigh in!
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard to stay motivated when it comes to P90X, isn't it? I am sick right now, and last night was a Cardio X night for me, but I ended up falling asleep on the couch, and then my husband made me go to bed... I at least walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes earlier on in the day, but this morning I felt like a bum-but my husband told me I looked terrible last night and it wasn't worth it...

I' going to try to continue tonight if I feel better-usually I feel the worst right when I wake up and right when I go to bed... If I try during the evening before I tire out, I think I'll be okay..

Im sorry your not feeling well :cry: Sometimes it is better to just rest up then start anew when your feeling better.

It is very hard to stay motivated for me...I actually have to do the hybrid of it because there are some days where I dread doing that certain workout so then I use that as an excuse not to workout. So now I just alternate one of the cardio dvds (cardio kenpox ply, etc) with the strength trainging and then I do abs on strength trainging days. Then on my day off I usually do the x stretch. I would like to do yoga but I stupidly bought my P90x set on ebay and that dvd doesnt work. Someday ill get it....

DO you follow the classic version?
  • MissResa
    Options
    YogaX is my most hated enemy... I work my way through it, but by the end of it I feel an intense dislike towards Tony Horton for being able to do all the poses:laugh: . I am finishing up my phase 2 recovery week in the Lean program, and I have decided to switch to the Classic program starting on Tuesday... I am really looking forward to making the change, because I love the weight training aspect of this program. I'm NOT loking forward to Plyo, from all that I've read about it... Which one are you on?