Underwear in pictures?

Options

Replies

• sal22408
    Options
    i took some "before" shots of myself in my panties and bra so that i can see and compare with my "after" shots, which ill take when i reach that ...but i didnt post them. I just decided to keep them for myself to motivate me to continue towards my goal. Its not that i would have had a problem posting them ...hell, they were pretty boring panties so its not like i was trying to get all sexified on the internet..haha....but i mostly didnt post because i thought it might offend some. Would it or Does it offend me to see someones progression pictures in underwear??....absolutely not. However, out of respect i kept them for myself to view when i need a reminder of what i need to do to get this body in shape.

To each their own i suppose :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    i took some "before" shots of myself in my panties and bra so that i can see and compare with my "after" shots, which ill take when i reach that ...but i didnt post them. I just decided to keep them for myself to motivate me to continue towards my goal. Its not that i would have had a problem posting them ...hell, they were pretty boring panties so its not like i was trying to get all sexified on the internet..haha....but i mostly didnt post because i thought it might offend some. Would it or Does it offend me to see someones progression pictures in underwear??....absolutely not. However, out of respect i kept them for myself to view when i need a reminder of what i need to do to get this body in shape.

To each their own i suppose :)

I actually did the exact same! I have some before pics in my panties and I wont post them either. Got yelled at for it once, not happening again!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I just hate ugly underwear. If you are going to have underwear pics, wear the underwear you want the hospital to see if you were in an accident.

This!! Or underwear that is NOT from Frederick's of Hollywood/entirely lace/g-string. There have been some lacy panty booty shots where if it were not for MFPs crappy pic quality, you'd totally see sphincter.

Boy shorts, hipsters, or even standard bikinis are fine and I don't care. But the rules say no unders at all.

I love the word SPHINCTER! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • Malani2010
    Options
    It doesn't bother me!!! I personally wouldn't pose in my undies but if someone wants to for progress pics that's great!!! lol
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    MFP is a business enterprise that provides the living for Mike and a couple of others.
    It gets revenue from Google by providing a host for ads.

That makes it free to use for all members but with restrictions one of which is no sexual content as per Google Adsense rules.
    Since this is arbitrary and subjective usually site owners will opt for stricter guidelines so as to not lose the revenue stream.

I am not griping in any way,people just need to understand what is.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    There should probably be a site rule to force us to all have a pic in our underwear. Just to level the playing field....
  • tonykozak
    Options
    progress pics are fine.......
  • Unwrapping_Candy
    Unwrapping_Candy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It seems the majority of MFP users are terrified of the human form. I call these people "puritans."
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    <~~~ Undies in profile pic. Sorry to those it offends. Since i've had it up, I've gained 12 friends, who were apparently inspired by the pic. so, i don't care if people don't like it. :flowerforyou:
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've wondered why individuals post pictures in their underwear. Being older, I was taught to keep my underwear "under." I think it's inappropriate, but I realize others were raised differently. I cringe when I see (frequently) teenagers wearing small tops with exposed bra straps. I'll always feel obligated to wear the appropriate bra or strapless bra so no straps show. Guys with baggy pants and exposed boxers make me cringe, too. I think of the prison population (where I'm told the trend started) advertising themselves for sex. I guess I'm prejudiced, because I can't help thinking exposed underwear shows a lack of class.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me. Frankly, I think a lot of people on this site are looking to be offended - underwear shots are the best motivation and show the most progress!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Don't be hatin' on my granny-panties!! =P
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I've wondered why individuals post pictures in their underwear. Being older, I was taught to keep my underwear "under." I think it's inappropriate, but I realize others were raised differently. I cringe when I see (frequently) teenagers wearing small tops with exposed bra straps. I'll always feel obligated to wear the appropriate bra or strapless bra so no straps show. Guys with baggy pants and exposed boxers make me cringe, too. I think of the prison population (where I'm told the trend started) advertising themselves for sex. I guess I'm prejudiced, because I can't help thinking exposed underwear shows a lack of class.

I, very clearly, lack class. I'm good with it.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't mind, but sometimes I do wish these pictures were labeled NSFW. I am on this site often at work, and while a fitness site shouldn't make the powers at be question anything, some of the pictures might raise some eyebrows if they walk by at the right time.

I don't have a job but I saw this as more of an issue when people had giant signature pictures. My son walked by one day and there was this huge photo of a woman in her bra and he was like :huh: but nah, to answer the question, not a big deal. Some people I don't wanna see in their undies, so I look away. But to me personally, it's not offensive.
    Options

When I am out in public I could understand this view for sure (not a fan of the saggy pants either) For a fitness site i think a little bit differently though since it is all about morphing bodies :]
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    MFP is a business enterprise that provides the living for Mike and a couple of others.

That makes it free to use for all members but with restrictions one of which is no sexual content as per Google Adsense rules.
    Since this is arbitrary and subjective usually site owners will opt for stricter guidelines so as to not lose the revenue stream.

nicely put/informative Carl.

Actually in the end it doesn't matter much how we feel individually about the rule, every site has rules for a reason, this happens to be one of them. :flowerforyou:
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me, nor get my engine roaring. I'm pretty apathetic about it.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I like my red bra pic. I don't think its any worse than a swimsuit top. But I don't use it for an avatar. I just keep it in my profile pics.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was trying to decide if I should put mine up on my profile...

Ohhhh my eyes!!!
    Options

nicely put/informative Carl.

Actually in the end it doesn't matter much how we feel individually about the rule, every site has rules for a reason, this happens to be one of them. :flowerforyou:

Like i said in the post it is completely understandable! Not challenging the rules by any means. Just curious of others opinions on it :flowerforyou: